Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

the only headgear i ever wear are the flowers on the side. they are very nice and colorful

Jonny 290 posted:

idk what it is IRL but the variant we play is called Doman Mahjong. its weird but good

(also that's just the name of one of the goon guilds, probably the most laid back one)

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/contentsguide/goldsaucer/doman-mahjong/

its Riichi Mahjong i believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh no blimp issue posted:

its Riichi Mahjong I believe

yeah, riichi

i think there might be a yaku missing or something?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ffxiv is surprisingly big in the japanese mahjong community, you can play without subscribing and it's not got any weird predatory microtransactions like other online mahjong games have

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

psiox posted:

i am dogshit sick after getting another covid booster

really glad i got it thursday so i could be (legitimately painfully) ill during a workday instead of ruining my weekend but oh god it's hard to play james like this. anyone got any recs for something good/cute/low-cognitive-overhead?

I think I've had 4 shots at this point and got lucky because none of them made me sick. My arm was always really tender for a day or two though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hmm. the gog.com sid meiers alpha centauri does not seem to work on an m1 mac

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Brotato owns

Brotatowns

recorded my 1st win so here's gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2H_wapVznY

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
wow the ending of death standing is real dumb

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
the game play was surprisingly fun and i liked some of the worldbuilding concepts but god drat kojima needs a loving editor

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

golf peaks update: i'm at 104/120

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
Started playing Deathloop, it's pretty good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

golf peaks update: i'm at 104/120

see your doctor

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

im a bunny boy right now! its pro as gently caress if you don't like being able to wear hats or most hair

bun boy good, i've been bun boy since endwalker release. the lack of hats gets to me sometimes, but the ~aesthetic~ is too good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kuvo posted:

the game play was surprisingly fun and i liked some of the worldbuilding concepts but god drat kojima needs a loving editor

princess beach

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

im a bunny boy right now! its pro as gently caress if you don't like being able to wear hats or most hair

one of my friends plays the big tiger people and their hair is hardcoded to their head type and you need to use a fantasia to change it instead of just the barber

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

one of my friends plays the big tiger people and their hair is hardcoded to their head type and you need to use a fantasia to change it instead of just the barber

this is jandelaine erasure

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

see your doctor

golf doctor says i'm not bad at puzzles

i got stuck on stage 95 for a while though

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

and then the hair you could use jandelaine to change to cut their ears off lol

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

bun boy good, i've been bun boy since endwalker release. the lack of hats gets to me sometimes, but the ~aesthetic~ is too good

i was a femroe beforehand but you're right, i couldn't resist the alure of a bunboy

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

princess beach

this got the biggest eye roll out of me

also i know its kojima but you cant just name every character in your game after their role in the plot

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hot coldman and die hardman are excellent names

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kuvo posted:

also i know its kojima but you cant just name every character in your game after their role in the plot

:wrong:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
look up the reasoning behind the name of the mgs4 character “drebin”

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kuvo posted:

I used to think that, but then I learned that Cinema Sins is popular, so being less obvious would have been taking a big chance with people being able to follow the story.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576274176973090816

owned, i guess

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

as a police squad fan this made me groan back in 2010 or whenever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kuvo posted:

as a police squad fan this made me groan back in 2010 or whenever

oh god drat it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

haveblue posted:

explains why when you select the cigarettes in metal gear it just brings up a prompt saying “yes, they are”

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

finished up new vegas. fun but also rough quite often. thankfully only got like one stuck quest.

played an energy weapons build, which was apparently a mistake since energy weapons are kind of weaker in new vegas. perks felt kind of meh since you get one every other level you’re disincentivized to take the weird ones i feel.

def not going to replay since i don’t want the other endings. i know this game is often used as an example of one where you get a lot of freedom to choose outcomes but just playing it once can’t impress that on me.

idk i just didn’t really like the new vegas part of new vegas. i liked loving around in the wasteland more.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

explains why when you select the cigarettes in metal gear it just brings up a prompt saying “yes, they are”

lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao my old PC usb wired 360pad is slowly giving up the ghost, even after dismantling it and cleaning the gunk of years out. Yesterday evening, think 'ok, I will buy a new one'

Came downstairs this morning into the front room (I rarely use this bit of my house these days), reach down the side of the sofa to plug in my Steam Deck charger and pull up a brand-new boxed, unopened usb wired 360pad.

:prepop:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao my old PC usb wired 360pad is slowly giving up the ghost, even after dismantling it and cleaning the gunk of years out. Yesterday evening, think 'ok, I will buy a new one'

Came downstairs this morning into the front room (I rarely use this bit of my house these days), reach down the side of the sofa to plug in my Steam Deck charger and pull up a brand-new boxed, unopened usb wired 360pad.

:prepop:

:blessed:

though i suppose now you have to wonder if you have excess inventory on other things

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Eeyo posted:

finished up new vegas. fun but also rough quite often. thankfully only got like one stuck quest.

played an energy weapons build, which was apparently a mistake since energy weapons are kind of weaker in new vegas. perks felt kind of meh since you get one every other level you’re disincentivized to take the weird ones i feel.

def not going to replay since i don’t want the other endings. i know this game is often used as an example of one where you get a lot of freedom to choose outcomes but just playing it once can’t impress that on me.

idk i just didn’t really like the new vegas part of new vegas. i liked loving around in the wasteland more.
did you play any of the dlc? my understanding is energy weapons get beefed up a lot by one of them

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

despite owning all the NV dlc I never played any of it, was it any good?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

i have the goty edition but i picked that up well after my initial vanilla playthrough close to release. i'm to understand 2 are deece, old world blues is the best and dead money's the worst of them

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Eeyo posted:

this is how i feel about every open world RPG. once i get to the big city part i immediately lose interest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

old world blues is great
honest hearts is decent
lonesome road is okay but it's pretty much a linear fps
dead money is bad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

polyester concept posted:

this is how i feel about every open world RPG. once i get to the big city part i immediately lose interest

I keep on trying to do every quest, collect every item, etc and slowly lose interest in every open world game.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I keep on trying to do every quest, collect every item, etc and slowly lose interest in every open world game.

:hmmyes:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

conversely, i rarely do any quests in rimworld and am still interested in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
fallout: a tale of two wastelands is dece in theory in that you can use nv mods in dc and quick travel between the early areas of both once you reach a certain level