Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

the worst way to play a great game is still worth it, tho I have a pretty high tolerance for switch and console ports generally. whatever you choose won’t be the wrong choice, but if you have a pc you game on then I’d prolly choose that option, as $10 is hard to pass up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’ll likely grab it if/when it goes on sale but i’m not gonna pay forty dollars for it.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

President Beep posted:

i’ll likely grab it if/when it goes on sale but i’m not gonna pay forty dollars for it.

I liked DE so much that I feel like it’s worth it at 40 bucks. It’s funny, well written with likeable characters, and you’ll finally understand all the DE memes (mostly).

Then I recall that it’s also very hard to recommend anyway unless you know the person you’re recommending it to - some people are gonna just throw their hands up and ask where the shooting is, or what the point of it is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i thought it was really cool that the skills were mostly really offbeat and weird but they worked perfectly for that game.

like it’s not the kind of character builder you could export and use in any other rpg like you could with d&d or even fallout’s SPECIAL/perk system, but it was perfect for DE

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

finished control dlc

foundation was good

the wake dlc was not very satisfying and the tone did not really fit

doesn't take away from the main game though, which is still awesome and in very rare company of hames I've actually played to completion

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yoko taro owns

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i may wait for the end of year sale on steam before picking up anything else

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

i may wait for the end of year sale on steam before picking up anything else

:same:

The one on my list is the new pathfinder game. It was on sale with all the DLC in a humble bundle a while back but I didn't buy it because I thought it'd be as cheap in a steam sale.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i bought duke nukem forever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Truman Peyote posted:

why? it legit sucks, even if it was 2 bucks you coulda bought some chips or a pop or something

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i have to know

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

knowledge is its own reward or punishment

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sometimes things are so bad they’re entertaining

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG08JmDJUr4

paying money for this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a legal weed pre-roll joint is like 4 or 5 bucks, but you get that lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AssCreed Odyssey gets all the love (not without reason) but AC: Origins is almost as good IMO, and this is as good a money/game offset bargain as you're likely to see for it

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/assassins-creed-origins-deluxe-edition

The Egypt setting is a stunning bit of worldbuilding, and while the protagonist here is a bit more of a straight man than your Gods children from Odyssey, at least the story has a straight line through to an actual end.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 24, 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

origins was so good, it’s only worse in that controls and combat are a bit less polished than odyssey

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

jesus WEP posted:

origins was so good, it’s only worse in that controls and combat are a bit less polished than odyssey

yeah I'm glad I played them in order for that reason, though I think I said at the time that early Oddysey you had to be a touch more tactical with your combat wheras Origins my man Bayak was always outclassing the regular mooks.

I posted this deal a click away from looking at a best-deal for AC:Valhalla, but from all I've read about it it sounds like it was several stumbling steps sideways at best from the previous games.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-complete-edition (even cheaper deals if you don't want all the DLC as well)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

No idea whats going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299SVu_VObs

:spooky::spooky:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

big gourd fran drescher gf

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

glad they fianlly made a Misfits video game

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Truman Peyote posted:

that’s called “renting”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

psiox posted:

big gourd fran drescher gf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP posted:

yeah I only wish they’d have come out in the other order

selma bayek is the best protagonist and the setting is gorgeous. and fun. love me Arse Creed

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've not played an ac since assbro, but i hope the multiplayer versus is a lot better these days. been considering but never took the leap into odyssey or valhalla

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah I'm glad I played them in order for that reason, though I think I said at the time that early Oddysey you had to be a touch more tactical with your combat wheras Origins my man Bayak was always outclassing the regular mooks.

I posted this deal a click away from looking at a best-deal for AC:Valhalla, but from all I've read about it it sounds like it was several stumbling steps sideways at best from the previous games.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-complete-edition (even cheaper deals if you don't want all the DLC as well)

it’s worth playing as long as you’re happy to not finish it lol

the graphics are very good. including - clouds making shadows on mountains in the distance. really makes england seem appealing lol

and the combat is good, much variety in enemies

BUT overall not as good.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dioxazine posted:

i've not played an ac since assbro, but i hope the multiplayer versus is a lot better these days. been considering but never took the leap into odyssey or valhalla

origins is worth looking at

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

duke nukem forever pretty bad so far

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

finally replaying Tunic and i’m enjoying it a lot. I was fully expecting knowing The Big Secret from the word go rather than learning it 2/3 through would sap the magic, like Outer Wilds or Obra Dinn; but that hasn’t been the case at all, the game is still a delight to just play

and to listen to, I love most of the music and the sound design

https://youtu.be/9T17eyLejf4
:discourse:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

how are we going to make nationalisation of megacorps easy if we block them from glomming everything and doing the adjustments themselves??

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

you knew what you signed up for

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ciaphas posted:

finally replaying Tunic and i’m enjoying it a lot. I was fully expecting knowing The Big Secret from the word go rather than learning it 2/3 through would sap the magic, like Outer Wilds or Obra Dinn; but that hasn’t been the case at all, the game is still a delight to just play

and to listen to, I love most of the music and the sound design

https://youtu.be/9T17eyLejf4
:discourse:

i love Tunic and love the discovery but they really turned up the hidden secrets a notch on old Zelda

like why would you burn this bush, aha you're burning all the bushes and it is a secret to everyone but like c'mon some of the completion puzzles seem to require you to be a 10 y/o with only one game on your console

i salute anyone who figures out all the puzzles on Tunic without running to youtube or reddit to get the answers :tipshat:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

what, you aren't enjoying all the pop culture references that were 10 years out of date when the game launched?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i mean we're all ten years out of date here as it is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rude

but accurate

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

The_Franz posted:

what, you aren't enjoying all the pop culture references that were 10 years out of date when the game launched?

i kind of wasn't ready for the """comedy""" aspect of the game. i knew that was always a part of duke nukem but i was really expecting it to be way more gameplay-forward, almost the entire first hour is just these terrible jokes playing out as half-life style cutscenes. the decisions that have gone into this game are just astounding

edit: there was a chuck norris joke. this game came out in 2011 so maybe that's sort of timely

Truman Peyote fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 25, 2022

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/1596020779967139840

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

i kind of wasn't ready for the """comedy""" aspect of the game. i knew that was always a part of duke nukem but i was really expecting it to be way more gameplay-forward, almost the entire first hour is just these terrible jokes playing out as half-life style cutscenes. the decisions that have gone into this game are just astounding

edit: there was a chuck norris joke. this game came out in 2011 so maybe that's sort of timely

lmao chuck norris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

whoah, a new obsidian game