Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

psiox posted:

whoah, a new obsidian game

yeah, but its a goon project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
That makes it worse?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it's cool that josh sawyer / rope kid still posts on SA in threads about his games despite being the obsidian guy. especially after the time he spent like, two days arguing with loving misterbibs over design decisions in fallout new vegas

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

started playing Control and thought my controller had broken. I literally had no idea games could just make the trigger(s) have resistance like that.

e: Oh and I hate the loving janitor. If I'm playing computer games instead of watching TV it's because I don't want to risk seeing or hearing Martti loving Suosalo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

more like Cacktivision Blecchshart

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I need to get a bunch of nintendo switch controllers. Are there any that are cheaper than the official ones and are just as good? I've gotten a few cheap ones before that suck, idk if it's worth it to keep looking.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
if you find some please let me know because yeah anything that doesn’t cost a brazillion dollars is also chintzy as gently caress.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I really like the sn30 from 8bitdo but it doesn't do motion stuff

e: this guy https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Bluet...la-872129387745

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

started playing Control and thought my controller had broken. I literally had no idea games could just make the trigger(s) have resistance like that.

e: Oh and I hate the loving janitor. If I'm playing computer games instead of watching TV it's because I don't want to risk seeing or hearing Martti loving Suosalo.

the janitor goes away for most of the game after you do the first maintenance thing, and his side missions are completely optional

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Fool posted:

I have the sn30 pro+ and can vouch for the product line as well.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

President Beep posted:

if you find some please let me know because yeah anything that doesn’t cost a brazillion dollars is also chintzy as gently caress.

another goon recommended https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094FVKKJC/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_R8ZH6HZJBWE0SSM5P33G_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
"Feels a little cheap but gets the job done"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The Fool posted:

thanks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
any good joycon substitutes?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

back on the tekken horse for some reason

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tekken 3 was some good poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

tekken 3 was some good poo poo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1596262504774209537?s=46&t=aff570uulUlRMz6w-cR1_A

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nature, uh, finds a way

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

My colonists love doing all the outdoor tasks right when a raid is about to kick off. -_-

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i thought starting new after completing first achonexus quest would be easy because everyone has super high trained skills (it's basically like starting new game +)

but turns out they maintain all the high expectations as well, including those that come with royalty and ideology. i was getting endless mental breaks because there was an undignified bedroom, throne room, none of the ideology needs were met. MFer wanted a throne room with a harpsichord in it immediately after landing.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:chanpop:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

. MFer wanted a throne room with a harpsichord in it immediately after landing.

relatable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cp2077 bought in steam sale, still paid too much

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

been playing pentiment. it's pretty rad.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

man i think i’m going to play alien isolation for the 6th time

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

uh

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

played it through this week, didn't have a glitch that was as funny as that one but they were mostly harmless. best one i saw was a music glitch in the elite four that looped the first 5 seconds of the theme and turned it into an experimental drone song that...kinda worked

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

jesus WEP posted:

cp2077 bought in steam sale, still paid too much

I paid full price at launch and never played it till the latest ps5 patch. It’s pretty decent and swords are op

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

someone bought it for me so cp2077 was the right price

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

carry on then posted:

played it through this week, didn't have a glitch that was as funny as that one but they were mostly harmless. best one i saw was a music glitch in the elite four that looped the first 5 seconds of the theme and turned it into an experimental drone song that...kinda worked

I’ve read that it’s the best 6/10 game ever made and it’s got me looking for used switches lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’ve read that it’s the best 6/10 game ever made and it’s got me looking for used switches lol

it's hitting the same ratio of technical problems to legit good game that new vegas did. if you've got high bug tolerance and have ever enjoyed pokemon it's worth playing imo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i really need to get around to playing sword & shield one day too. so far behind

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i kinda wish i could turn on the low frame rate for animations close to me and not just for people in the distance

there is something neat about it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dioxazine posted:

i really need to get around to playing sword & shield one day too. so far behind

sns was good but tbh s/v is way better, unless you've just got a hankering for poke engl*nd

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

sns was good but tbh s/v is way better, unless you've just got a hankering for poke engl*nd

being able to wear a tam o' shanter in any game is a rare treat, you must admit

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

the best poke gen for dress up remains the france one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m working my way through Ultra Sun rn since I never finished it, and then I’m going to play through alpha sapphire and stuff all my catches into my pokebank in March 2023 and then transfer them to Pokémon Home

I gave up on getting all the Pokémon’s I have in my DS titles that I transferred from my GBA saved from when I was a kid since I dont feel like playing Pokémon white rn, though I keep reading it’s one of the best ones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quiggy posted:

the best poke gen for dress up remains the france one

Pokémon x/y imo is the best ones I’ve played. all the new features like GTS were super novel and wonder trade was pure anarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Pokémon x/y imo is the best ones I’ve played. all the new features like GTS were super novel and wonder trade was pure anarchy

i was chatting with my friends and they all really hated x/y but they all have pokemon meta brain so i didnt get it

i liked sword shields story but every fight felt like an eternal slog of paralysis and healing