Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

I am enjoying the absolute poo poo out of Helldivers 2 :)

it's super good. i recently discovered that the robot chicken walkers' weak point is their groin, and have been having a blast with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

it's super good. i recently discovered that the robot chicken walkers' weak point is their groin, and have been having a blast with that

Sick nasty move is to snipe the top of those dudes domes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Fool posted:

lmao, that's the fight I'm stuck on right now

I can mostly dodge the missile swarms but I keep getting caught by the big pulse explosion and the fire sword thingy

stay high

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

way ahead of you chief

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pre-nerf balteus crew

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

finished re2 remake and decided to pick up re7 again after uhhhhh almost 2 years. forgot how gross and visceral this game is. anyway i figured out roughly what i was in the middle of doing and just whomped a bug lady with a grenade launcher as one does in survival horror

i loved the re2 remake, probably my favorite of the modern re games. 7 and village are both super into weird body horror. i mean, the franchise as a whole is, but those two are especially big into it. if you're just finishing the marguerite fight it's gonna get a lot grosser

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Captain Foo posted:

pre-nerf balteus crew

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dd2 question - i found some item that said it would let my pawn learn a new class, so i used it, but when i go to the inn i don’t see a new clas to switch to. do j need to level up in some other classes until it’s unlocked or

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Captain Foo posted:

pre-nerf balteus crew

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
c balatro s oh god how have i already spent this many hours in this. it's like vampire survivors all over again

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Apparently NMS just got a fair-sized content update, but as with all such things it needs a little more time in the oven from the bug reports; I've done a lot of playing over the past couple weeks, time to give it a short break while it cooks.

/civvie clip IT'S loving RAW

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

psiox posted:

c balatro s oh god how have i already spent this many hours in this. it's like vampire survivors all over again

it's ludicrously good. I dont think it's quite slay the spire good but the fact i need to say that says something on its own

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

psiox posted:

wait until you try slice&dice

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

wait until you try slice&dice
:emptyquote:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Captain Foo posted:

pre-nerf balteus crew

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

personally i find balatro far more addicting than s&d. the latter is also excellent tho

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
halls of torment looks so good holy poo poo
how did they make a game look this good
i hope that someday graphics advance far enough that every game can look this good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Branch Nvidian posted:

i loved the re2 remake, probably my favorite of the modern re games.
it’s really good and i’ve only done the one playthrough. never played the og

Branch Nvidian posted:

if you're just finishing the marguerite fight it's gonna get a lot grosser
ha ha :smith:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

psiox posted:

yahtzee had a good video today that mentions balatro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44t7Lw8d4KU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s really good and i’ve only done the one playthrough. never played the og

my only real complaint about the remake versus the original is that the “2nd run” campaigns are more like an arrange mode of a character’s route than an actual complementary story, and the original RE2 was better about this.

I do love how Claire is far more of a badass than Leon it though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

edit: :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR5jmF3Mryk

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 29, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scud Hansen posted:

halls of torment looks so good holy poo poo
how did they make a game look this good
i hope that someday graphics advance far enough that every game can look this good

halls of torment is p deece

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
i am also enjoying the balatro

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

waiting on the rimworld dlc again.. playing let's school and working on the fourth storey of my educational complex

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

played super smash bros on switch with my 9 yo and he absolutely demolished me. i haven't played this game since the n64 version. some of the moves are total bullshit though. totally not a skill issue, the game is just unbalanced. :argh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

polyester concept posted:

played super smash bros on switch with my 9 yo and he absolutely demolished me. i haven't played this game since the n64 version. some of the moves are total bullshit though. totally not a skill issue, the game is just unbalanced. :argh:

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not sure I want to play another 75 games of opus magnum solitaire to see the last couple of conversations

postgame puzzles are still pretty fun though

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
can't wait to play stellar blade and dress up eve in all kinds of pretty outfits

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Skill issue

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

did you confiscate his switch afterwards?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

did you confiscate his switch afterwards?

i don't think poco is a cop, roosevelt

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

played super smash bros on switch with my 9 yo and he absolutely demolished me.
Final destination: Your bedroom :ocelot::mad:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Scud Hansen posted:

i am also enjoying the balatro

just had a run that hosed

the 300M blind finally did me in. i still haven't been able to break that wall

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

also yes i'm aware of the artifacts. my pc may be dying

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there was a fun balatro tournament on twitch yesterday, 16 streamers were given an hour with a seeded run to get the biggest single hand possible, top half would go through to another hour with another seed until there was a winner. guy i was watching got 3rd place with like 4e17 or something

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

my biggest problem with high score balatro runs is that there's really one strategy to rule them all. it's the same reason i don't generally try for endless, unless I have that one strategy (heavy xmult retriggers) im probably not surviving ante 12 so who cares, let's just go again instead

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s a fundamental reason why balatro doesn’t quite match up to sts. “how far does number go up?” simply isn’t as interesting a question as “but does this deck beat the heart?”

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i think that sts is a genuine masterpiece while balatro is simply an extremely good video game. still playing the poo poo out of it though!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have unlocked every support stratagem in helldivers and also fully upgraded my super destroyer. Three more levels until I hit the cap. Have I finally played... enough?

No! Now I'm jumping into intro level missions with a bunch of super weapons, dropping them all for the newbies to play with, and soloing objectives with nothing but my pistol and grenades. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you're doing your part :patriot: