Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the 1st amendment
Mar 10, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
diagnosis:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

physicists are working round the clock to perfect the spherical cow

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Looks suitable for rolling.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

physicists are working round the clock to perfect the spherical cow

lol

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: tunic is good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jame Adgacent: Just started watching the UNREAL ENGINE 5 preview video, and oh my god Tim Sweeney is so awkward on a stage / in front of a camera; a man designed by God for sitting at the Computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZLibi6s_ew

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lmao wow. Does not disappoint

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

lmao wow. Does not disappoint

he's like a puppet that got turned into a real boy

sick graphics though.

Tim Sweeney if you're reading this, you are a genius and we love you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kuvo posted:

cjs: tunic is good

:yeah:

gonna replay that soon, should be fun with already knowing most of the secrets

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

c Sam. s: Troy Baker is being 300% extra and i love it so much

too bad about the rest of the overlong ending/endgame i've got in front of me :shepface:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just killed radahn. i realized the game was probably giving me a hint with all the scarlet rot talk so i whacked him with dragon's breath which made quick work of him. hooray for teamwork and friendship :unsmith:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

just killed radahn. i realized the game was probably giving me a hint with all the scarlet rot talk so i whacked him with dragon's breath which made quick work of him. hooray for teamwork and friendship :unsmith:

I killed him with brute force and felt pleased then read that they'd accidentally nerfed him and I did the fight before the fix lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1513198507842285570

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i never played kingdom hearts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Jame Adgacent: Just started watching the UNREAL ENGINE 5 preview video, and oh my god Tim Sweeney is so awkward on a stage / in front of a camera; a man designed by God for sitting at the Computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZLibi6s_ew

wanna watch this proper because unreal engine rules

otoh they’re an evil corporation

therefore I will use and enjoy unreal engine but not whole heartedly

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

anime is trash

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

disney getting in on the kpop e-boy vtuber money train

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol TIL sam ignores the fourth wall if you shout a bunch (endgame) in the credit roll on the beach

if only, bud... if only

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
is there a spiritual successor to chrono trigger? I've got the itch but have played the original too many times.

a thousand curses on the house of anyone who mentions chrono cross.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the art style for anime characters worked ok for ps2/maybe ps3 level quality graphics, but now it looks like aliens amongst humans and is extremely jarring and weird

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*hyper realistic graphics for everything and everyone with total city activity simulation*

*pans to the main character(s)*

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

RokosCockatrice posted:

is there a spiritual successor to chrono trigger? I've got the itch but have played the original too many times.

it's a mobile gacha game but surprisingly restrained on the gacha part: Another Eden. like literally it's directed by misato kato who was the writer for chrono trigger.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

lol TIL sam ignores the fourth wall if you shout a bunch (endgame) in the credit roll on the beach

if only, bud... if only

does the game keep going after credits? I’ve been playing through and loving it, just met Heartman.

Just trying to decide if I want to push through to the endgame and then go back and 5 star each location, or if I should do that before continuing.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/2saddington/status/1513179359070326790?s=21&t=afTY1m-v-P8Sr7J1oMBCCA

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

kingdom sharts

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sharparse posted:

does the game keep going after credits? I’ve been playing through and loving it, just met Heartman.

Just trying to decide if I want to push through to the endgame and then go back and 5 star each location, or if I should do that before continuing.

you can stop just before reaching Edge Knot City and freeroam as long as you like, but once you make that last delivery you're gonna be doing endgame for the next... 8? hours

after the final credit roll, you're dropped back in a private room and set loose, so you could also wait 'til then

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kingdoms shart

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

RokosCockatrice posted:

cosmic star heroine

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

you can stop just before reaching Edge Knot City and freeroam as long as you like, but once you make that last delivery you're gonna be doing endgame for the next... 8? hours

after the final credit roll, you're dropped back in a private room and set loose, so you could also wait 'til then

ah awesome perfect. Sounds like I'll stop right before Edge Knot and finish everything else up.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BLACKDISCDX/status/1512985316553945091

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

cosmic star heroine

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

at the rate at which square's japanese studio makes games, this should be out sometime after 2030

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The_Franz posted:

at the rate at which square's japanese studio makes games, this should be out sometime after 2030

i mean, 2031 and it would *still* be a quicker turnaround than kh3.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

the only time i ever actually used the picture-in-picture functionality on a tv was playing the first one, because it had long, unskippable cutscenes before difficult bosses

i played about 3 hours of the second one, realized that i was not having fun and did not care about the existential conversations between 12 years olds and disney characters or their bullshit "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEEP BECAUSE PEOPLE IN CLOAKS ARE SAYING MADE UP WORDS" story at all and sold it to someone on sa mart

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

The_Franz posted:

the only time i ever actually used the picture-in-picture functionality on a tv was playing the first one, because it had long, unskippable cutscenes before difficult bosses

i played about 3 hours of the second one, realized that i was not having fun and did not care about the existential conversations between 12 years olds and disney characters or their bullshit "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEEP BECAUSE PEOPLE IN CLOAKS ARE SAYING MADE UP WORDS" story at all and sold it to someone on sa mart

IMO this faux-deepness is very funny... kinda like the whiplash from the SERIOUS MELODRAMA to surreal silliness in the Yakuza series.

I can see how it might be super annoything though... (see also Linkin Park)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

one of those where it is not for me, but not at all hard to see why many people are into it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i could never get over the ridiculousness of having final fantasy characters chatting with goofy. crossover poo poo is so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gawsh cloud guess we gotta kill sephiroth