Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's 2:45 and I'm in bed and just thought: "if someone made a good Ghost Rider game, it'd be awesome!" but then I rralized the same goes for any character that isn't Quasar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Are any of the multitude of DC/Marvel superhero (movie) games - apart from Lego ones, I know they're always good - decent fun to play?

I mean other than Spider Man I guess.

Guardians of the Galaxy isn't bad. The dialogue is really good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy isn't bad. The dialogue is really good.

That's actually the one I was looking at at the shop :mmmhmm:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

have you hosed around with jump ramps yet? i've been avoiding trucks and trying not to zipline as much this playthrough (at least outside the Rockies :argh:), so i get a lot of use out of the ramps, be it on trike or on foot

nah i havent messed around with ramps yet but after seeing that clip you posted im deffo gonna get on that poo poo!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The batman games are pretty good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The batman games are pretty good.

Oh yeah I forgor. But I have like three or four already.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i let steam update the director's cut and did my taxes, followed by a windows update right as i was finishing everything up

successfully multitasked

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I completely forgot about the infamous series, 2nd son was an excellent game. I think that is based on an old DC franchise?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

technically the injustice series are comic book superhero games too

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I wish my pc was just a little bit better for death stranding, I think it's my processor these days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
vehicles in death stranding are absolute bullshit. what a stupid loving game. 2 inch rocks will trap your truck and then when you get out you get trapped under the truck and the auto save doesnt work so gently caress you spend another hour trying to navigate these maps designed by a loving rear end in a top hat

is there a mod that fixes the maps so they arent so terrible?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

shaggar insisting on using cars, colour me unsurprised :p

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
god now I want to go back to death stranding even though it runs like poo poo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shaggar posted:

vehicles in death stranding are absolute bullshit. what a stupid loving game. 2 inch rocks will trap your truck and then when you get out you get trapped under the truck and the auto save doesnt work so gently caress you spend another hour trying to navigate these maps designed by a loving rear end in a top hat

it's called snowrunner

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the trucks can jump. it’s impossible to get them stuck unless you deliberately wedge them in one of the slot canyons

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they jump like half an inch which is not enough to get over the 2 inch rocks they get stuck on

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
snowrunner owns I need to play it more. I ignored the big trucks and fuckin spiderman winched these normal trucks right up a mountain through forests and poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
loving roots always catching on the rear axle

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

loving roots always catching on the rear axle

you been to Amur yet

i'm still irrationally mad about That treestump on the mountain road in the first map. it's such a carefully, maliciously placed goddamn menace

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Shaggar posted:

not really, though i've never heard of anyone getting a truck stuck so bad that it got Sam stuck on getting out too. that sucks :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's one delivery target at the bottom of a canyon where people would make a huge pile of trucks and make it impossible to reach until all the trucks despawned

they had to patch in a button to delete other people's trucks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

elden ring: I beat the moon queen and cleared the lake area

now im supposed to meet a wolf man to help the lady that gave me my magic horse

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The Fool posted:

grats on only being done like 15% of the game

snow/mudrunner chat: i watch my son play it and the terrain physics are very satisfying and sick to observe. branches getting stuck under your wheels and poo poo

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
snowrunner has great mud physics. if you get yourself in some deep mud, you can't just panic and freeze in place while you think about what to do, because your truck will continue to sink in the mud. you really gotta keep loving with your gears the whole time.

it seems like it would be frustrating but its really a chill and fun way to listen to a podcast or music and just spin those tires.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The Fool posted:

my save is at like 130 hours and I would absolutely not claim to have “cleared” an area with any degree of certainty lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

polyester concept posted:

grats on only being done like 15% of the game

I don't get a lot of time to play ok

Jenny Agutter posted:

my save is at like 130 hours and I would absolutely not claim to have “cleared” an area with any degree of certainty lol

oh im sure I've missed a ton of content but i'm done with the zone unless some npc quest sends me back

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

snowrunner has great mud physics. if you get yourself in some deep mud, you can't just panic and freeze in place while you think about what to do, because your truck will continue to sink in the mud. you really gotta keep loving with your gears the whole time.

it seems like it would be frustrating but its really a chill and fun way to listen to a podcast or music and just spin those tires.

it's like a very very slow rally race

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i was struggling hard with the valiant gargoyle fight and on like my 12th attempt or whatever i completely botched all my buff spells and found myself totally flailing at the controls as the first gargoyle is stomping towards me. in the meantime D is running straight to the right and at the last moment the gargoyle targets him, lunges, and yeets itself straight off a cliff

so then it's just me and the two spirits sort of standing there awkwardly for thirty seconds waiting for the second gargoyle to show up. the music cut and everything

game of the decade

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i was struggling hard with the valiant gargoyle fight and on like my 12th attempt or whatever i completely botched all my buff spells and found myself totally flailing at the controls as the first gargoyle is stomping towards me. in the meantime D is running straight to the right and at the last moment the gargoyle targets him, lunges, and yeets itself straight off a cliff

so then it's just me and the two spirits sort of standing there awkwardly for thirty seconds waiting for the second gargoyle to show up. the music cut and everything

game of the decade

this is the best way to fight them imho, just kite one off the cliff because that whole fight is bullshit

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
love too chill in my private room, read email, cute up my backpack, take shower, eat hot cryptobiote and lie down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQFQKgSPn74

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

there's one delivery target at the bottom of a canyon where people would make a huge pile of trucks and make it impossible to reach until all the trucks despawned

they had to patch in a button to delete other people's trucks

they were all bike stymie's trucks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this is the best way to fight them imho, just kite one off the cliff because that whole fight is bullshit

i’m really bummed i didn’t remember to grab a clip of it. the intense music suddenly cutting, the three of us standing there in silence for way too long, then the music suddenly roaring back as the second showed up was just :discourse:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the godskin duo fight if you kill one of the enemies the other will cast a spell to respawn it after a moment. I actually managed to get them both dead at the same time, but the boss health bar wasn't empty yet so one of them spontaneously respawned without the spell being cast. real mad at that even though I did end up winning

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

haveblue posted:

In the godskin duo fight if you kill one of the enemies the other will cast a spell to respawn it after a moment. I actually managed to get them both dead at the same time, but the boss health bar wasn't empty yet so one of them spontaneously respawned without the spell being cast. real mad at that even though I did end up winning

i did the same thing and got similarly mad. i feel like that should have been a sufficient condition to end the fight, if you could juggle both well enough to kill them roughly simultaneously

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the haligtree is the most infuriating area of the entire game, I hate this place

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

man in the eyeball hat posted:

i did the same thing and got similarly mad. i feel like that should have been a sufficient condition to end the fight, if you could juggle both well enough to kill them roughly simultaneously

extra mad because there's a boss in dark souls 2 where you have to do exactly that to win, but here it's "nope, you did well but didn't hit them with your sword enough times"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

For some reason DAYS GONE does not recognise my Xbox One bluetooth pad, so I'm back to my old wired 360 pad. The left stick was super gummy so I dismantled the pad to hit up the nooks and crannies with a swab and some isopropyl alcohol - OK, stick feels about 80% better, time to reassemble it; what an absolute ballache that was, trying to keep everything in place while closing it back up took me a good half-hour at least.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

For some reason DAYS GONE does not recognise my Xbox One bluetooth pad, so I'm back to my old wired 360 pad. The left stick was super gummy so I dismantled the pad to hit up the nooks and crannies with a swab and some isopropyl alcohol - OK, stick feels about 80% better, time to reassemble it; what an absolute ballache that was, trying to keep everything in place while closing it back up took me a good half-hour at least.
the game is trying to help you by preventing you from playing it

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

polyester concept posted:

the haligtree is the most infuriating area of the entire game, I hate this place

DLC-rear end zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mario golf 64 released on the switch online n64 thingy and boy howdy is it still a really good game