Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
poo poo sucked me back in

fun class

those gloves are so hideous though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

poo poo sucked me back in

fun class

those gloves are so hideous though :(

Get those
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/97254b85b86

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

thankfully, FFXIV never captured me. i may be mmo free for a full decade at least because of that

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

played the new turtles game. it's fun and six players at once must be nuts. the shredder fight has an original song by ghostface killer and raekwon lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

eve sucked me back in because there’s another war kicking off. pubbies didn’t learn their lesson last time. anyone here still subbed?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i left shortly after the delve evacuation and reseating to the northwest. have not really felt the itch to go back

good luck in crushing TEST

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cat Face Joe posted:

played the new turtles game. it's fun and six players at once must be nuts. the shredder fight has an original song by ghostface killer and raekwon lol

it is fun. i like the little perks you get when you level up. it's funny that april fights with bare knuckles and a microphone. she should have like a machine gun or something.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

eve sucked me back in because there’s another war kicking off. pubbies didn’t learn their lesson last time. anyone here still subbed?

i was talking the other night about how even though ive been on SA for 17 years, i've never actually watched eve gameplay

so i watched some intro vids and the B5RB footage and

i really want to play this game. its really pretty.

IM NOT GONNA

but i want to

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i was talking the other night about how even though ive been on SA for 17 years, i've never actually watched eve gameplay

so i watched some intro vids and the B5RB footage and

i really want to play this game. its really pretty.

IM NOT GONNA

but i want to

it is a phenomenal looking game these days and it's extremely fun to shoot the poo poo with your internet buddies while hellcamping a gate waiting for some dipshit redditors to jump through and get absolutely stomped by a bunch of drunk goons

the gameplay in big wars is just bizarre though and when you get into enormous battles with a thousand plus people in them poo poo gets janky and you're really spending most of your time staring at your screen waiting 30 second to see if the button you pressed actually got registered by the server

but it's totally worth it for the satisfaction of watching tens of thousands of dollars' worth of internet spaceships go up in flames as a testament to man's hubris

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
how does goonswarm not descend into factionalism and infighting

like even if one dude controls all the infrastructure servers or w/e there's gotta be at least a minority of swarm members who think he's a power tripping dick

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i would imagine those people just stop playing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the thing i like about eve is scamming people to give over real money valued items (you can trade a month of game subscription as an item) is 100% allowed.

when i played there were people who never spent a dime on the game and just scammed noobs with promises to get into goonswarm in exchange for a month of game time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

when i played briefly some goons gave me millions of isk to dick around with for free and i bought a bunch of ships to try and had some fun, it was cool. then i got bored like i do with all MMOs

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m-0RlqMHM

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
my time in goonswarm was 99% boredom and 1% intense white knuckled action and nothing in between

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I tried goonswarm, did something like 45 minutes of jumps to get to goonswarm space, sat around doing nothing for a bit, then gave up on the game

my brother was pretty active for a while though, but I think he sold his accounts a while ago

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i will say the %1 of white knucked action was some of the most fun ive had in a multiplayer videogame tho. hotdropping blackops battlehsips onto pubbies and watching them meltdown in local as their several hundred dollar blinged out carrier is destroyed is :discourse:

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 20, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sounds like poo poo.

Because it was.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah i think i spent my time with people who would camp gates and i was able to score a killing shot on a pretty big ship with my disposable frigate in the first 3 days of playing the game.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

a positively vintage piece of goonswarm propaganda that still holds true today

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I tend to bounce off sandbox games pretty hard, when everyone was going nuts about Minecraft I bought it and played like an hour or less and never touched it again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

TOOT BOOT posted:

I tend to bounce off sandbox games pretty hard, when everyone was going nuts about Minecraft I bought it and played like an hour or less and never touched it again
yeah. for whatever reason though in terraria i find base building and minecart track expressway to hell intensely relaxing. can't get into mindcraft or stardew valley or anything else

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
what's the best way to destroy a hostile villiage in rimwold that has stuff like guns and sentries? I just failed an attack and need to go rescue... yeah, almost all of my dudes.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

RokosCockatrice posted:

what's the best way to destroy a hostile villiage in rimwold that has stuff like guns and sentries? I just failed an attack and need to go rescue... yeah, almost all of my dudes.

take someone with a smoke launcher and another with grenades. launch smoke from around a corner and get your grenade dude to stand in the smoke lobbing grenades at their turrets or power grid. enemies won't target your dude if he is standing in smoke.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You can bring mortars too. The incendiary ones are good in a lot of biomes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/voidgardener/status/1539265205359845376?s=21&t=IG4-HMdCZuep4m7XU4jviQ

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

we don't need more proof you're a huge piece of poo poo ted

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Never got round to buying Cyberpunk yet, but this mod looks like a lot of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THvwrAovm8&t=141s
^^Timestamped

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
the console version of the game can definitely not handle that

but the PC version must be a dream to play

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This new FANATICAL bundle has 3 10Tons studio games in it for very cheap - I played JYDGE awhile back and it was great, also played the first TESLA Vs LOVECRAFT which was good, and the sequel TESLA FORCE is here in this bundle. I have not seen SKELETAL AVENGER before but from their previous releases I'm guessing it will be worth a look.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-play-on-the-go-bundle

All twinstick topdowns that will work well on a Steam Deck (but equally well on your PC)

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 21, 2022

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
ok so i guess it was released a billion years ago and i missed it but the Descent sequel is on hypersale and i'm super pumped about it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
as long as i'm poppin into the games thread, does anyone know if that Ascent game ever got less buggy? I really liked it but had to return it because it couldn't go 20 minutes w/o crashing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i tried to play overload in vr with a hotas setup and immediately got motion sickness. only game to do that to me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My hotas will give anyone motion sickness.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

xpost from games

nrook posted:

Development on new DLC for Tactical Nexus is currently stalled, as the devteam is working on migrating their chosen language, a freeware BASIC derivative used to teach programming to Japanese children in the mid-90s and without support for modern niceties such as local variables, to 64 bits. This is actually true.
yospos af

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I finished the story of the hard space shipbreaker game. the game is very fun! the story, well, at least it has good politics

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

im back on my factorio bullshit. i picked a railworld preset im gonna teach myself trains. im all setup and i have my first satellite mining base going and a real lovely loop i built today im going to rebuilt tomorrow

feels good man

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the hardspace game, like all games, i wish i could skip the forced story stuff. dont make me listen to a recording while standing in my habitat, its so loving boring.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Casual Encountess posted:

im back on my factorio bullshit. i picked a railworld preset im gonna teach myself trains. im all setup and i have my first satellite mining base going and a real lovely loop i built today im going to rebuilt tomorrow

feels good man

pave the world, friend

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the hardspace game, like all games, i wish i could skip the forced story stuff. dont make me listen to a recording while standing in my habitat, its so loving boring.

i just went to freeplay after a while, i don't think i missed much doing that. i kinda wish the game had multiplayer so i could have a well oiled team of people accidentally exploding the ship with a rookie shooting expensive reclaim off into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003
I finally best the elden beast and became elden lord, I am elden free.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I picked up ffvii remake en garde Doritos exxxtreme ultra as my intro to the ff series to fill the elden void but it's kinda boring because it feels like watching a movie more than playing a video game.