Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
re3make was fine but being smaller than re2make made it disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

bump_fn posted:

re3make was fine but being smaller than re2make made it disappointing

I think it was because of the multiplayer mode they crowbar'd in that noone cares about

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

polyester concept posted:

rimworld is actually perfectly fine without any mods and there’s barely any bugs to speak of. i played vanilla for the longest time, always opposed to mods because I wanted to play it ~as intended~ . but after starting over for the 200th time, I wanted some quality of life mods to make some of the more monotonous stuff a little easier. the allow tool is basically all i installed for the longest time. but as a game that really shines if you want to roleplay or come up with wacky goals for yourself, mods are totally cool and good

oh yeah the prepare carefully mod is good too

I think you should play single players how you want to play.

I personally play dark souls with cheat engine.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm playing rimworld again today. hooray

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im at like 92% complete in hollow knight and i just figured out you can overcharm

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

dioxazine posted:

i'm playing rimworld again today. hooray

same actually

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I installed sos2 and am trying out the derelict ship start

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i guess i should stop posting about rimworld in cjs, eh.

crafting components feels slower than strip mining for them

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

brutal, day 4 into a new game and a raid by two hunting rifles and a shotgunner

made it out just fine, but that's rude even for you, randy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
well, I'm bored of nomansky again

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Still playing through Borderlands 2. It's so good.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Still playing through Borderlands 2. It's so good.

yeah I'm either goin back to this or Tales of the Boradlands or whatever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I lost my really good mechromancer in a save file crash so im mad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

back on my deep rock galactic bullshit

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
finished saints row's main story line and all but one of the side quest line. it's a saints row alright, perhaps with a slightly lighter tone than the previous ones but that's a good thing. no gross sexual humor either and I'm not missing it (and also no giant dildo weapon eclipsing everything else about the game this time around). it does feel a bit short though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

back on my deep rock galactic bullshit

deeprock chopra

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm back on my terraria bullshit because it runs great on my ipad with a keyboard/mouse

idk why i waste time with video games when it accomplishes nothing whatsoever

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

psiox posted:

for the happy chemicals, op

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

psiox posted:

i'm back on my terraria bullshit because it runs great on my ipad with a keyboard/mouse

what i've been doing lately is learning tertiary maths from textbooks instead of games, it's basically the same thing, numbers go up, graphics, etc

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

new destiny 2 season is good.
pirate themed. the new activity has you raiding a pirate spaceship.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/vg_history/status/1563476693486284802

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dioxazine posted:

200 hours mod free sounds about right, i think that's the same for me

that said, rimatomics, rimefeller, and dubs bad hygiene have changed the game forever for me

back in my day we just called it eating rear end and it was all we could afford

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

nice, surprised robert crumb would agree to contribute to a nintendo guidebook

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

psiox posted:

terraria is pretty good that way. real mandala poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NinetySevenA posted:

new destiny 2 season is good.
pirate themed. the new activity has you raiding a pirate spaceship.

seeing that they brought back kings fall brought back a lot of memories of raiding that place back when it first came out. I think it’s when destiny really figured itself out.

don’t have the time these days but christ that game
nailed FPS shooting like no other

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw a gifset of ROUTINE and went to look it up as the VHS-retro aesthetic is on point:

2012 - Our new game will be out soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhYRaotzdg

2015 - Really, just trust me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiY_QfOCwE

2022 - Honest no bullshit soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HDYMaUUnUQ

Still a ways off from trying to snatch the Duke's crown ofc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vintersorg posted:

seeing that they brought back kings fall brought back a lot of memories of raiding that place back when it first came out. I think it’s when destiny really figured itself out.

it was. the taken king was a realm-reborn-style total overhaul of the game. new and sustainable leveling mechanics. an exploration zone with more to do than shoot random grunts and collect bear asses. a campaign with state-of-the-art features like "a clear conflict and villain". organization of challenges into quest lines instead of a pile of context-free todo lists. it thoroughly revitalized the game and a lot of people including me still think it was the best the franchise has ever been seven years later

king's fall is somewhat too long for regular grinding but god drat it was epic the first time through

quote:

christ that game nailed FPS shooting like no other

it really did. there have been periods which this was all that sustained it because you can keep coming back to mindless slaughter activities and nothing else comes close

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Saw a gifset of ROUTINE and went to look it up as the VHS-retro aesthetic is on point:

2012 - Our new game will be out soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhYRaotzdg

2015 - Really, just trust me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiY_QfOCwE

2022 - Honest no bullshit soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HDYMaUUnUQ

Still a ways off from trying to snatch the Duke's crown ofc

Wait for real this is coming out? Routine was the game I checked up on every couple of years to see if it was still dead. I don't think I can trust the word of the devs given that they have been pulling this going radio silence stuff for a decade now, but I can cut them some slack since I believe the (original?) crew was just 3 students making the game on the side. The retro aesthetic is definitely a big plus for me, and I know it works because it's one of the big reasons Alien Isolation is one of my favorite games. Here's hoping they can make something out of this cobweb covered memory from the back of my mind.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

Routine was the game I checked up on every couple of years to see if it was still dead.

you could say that you routinely checked on it :dadjoke:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Zlodo posted:

you could say that you routinely checked on it :dadjoke:

Eventually I did convince myself that this "I'm really sorry, dad will make it up to you next year ok champ" song and dance would never change so I basically forgot about it. Now it's trying to stroll back into my life like it wasn't nothing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vintersorg posted:

don’t have the time these days but christ that game
nailed FPS shooting like no other

shame it's attached to Bungie and a bunch of GaaSy bullshit, I'd be playing it still if not for how fed up I was with that nonsense

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

attn: NMN https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/30/23326887/8bitdo-ultimate-pro-controller-bluetooth-preorder-nintendo-switch-wireless

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I don't see any mention of a gyro in this, which is the main reason I'm wanting a new pad

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

but will it have any one profile that actually supports all the features?

the whole emulate-other-controllers thing is obnoxious.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I don't see any mention of a gyro in this, which is the main reason I'm wanting a new pad

if you look at the Amazon listing it mentions motion controls

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

actually looking at the 8bitdo website it looks like only the Bluetooth version has motion controls, so who knows if it will support gyro and analog triggers at the same time

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

chromatic oasis biome rimworld game going well. fended off four raids 13 days in. sheesh

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Rolled real credits on death stranding. I kinda want to go back and 5 star all of the destinations, but I feel like the ending took a lot of the wind out of my sails.

Solid B+/A- game. Would love to see more games experimenting further with (what felt like hundreds) of ideas thrown at the wall on this one. I think I liked the mood setting this game does. The plot is alternatively nonsensical, silly, melodramatic, touching, and earnest, but it just wants you to roll with it. For the most part, it does. Even wearing my otter cap and ridiculously colored sunglasses into a pivotal cutscene just kinda... worked.

A good experience, worth having. An all time great? Eh... It was certainly ambitious, but maybe that's why I hesitate to call it great. It felt like it got the gist of a LOT of things, but never really nailed most of them down into something that could be reliably polished in such an expansive interplay of systems.

Better than Breath of the Wild for a lot of the reasons I think Breath of the Wild really worked well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
c rimworld s: why gently caress is the shortcut key for "zoom in to area" the same as the one for "order caravan to rest"

i accidentally wasted two days of caravan travel time and they ran out of food :mad: