Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

rotor is.. young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Roosevelt posted:

are any of those on gamep rear end?

automata was but it got removed

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

you play automata like 3 times or something to get the final ending, which sapped my desire to actually finish it the first time through. the combat and aesthetics never got beyond decent for me, and the story held 0 interest. Best bit was how they'd mix up the gameplay with sidescrolling sections and pretty distinct zones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
kinda. you play through the campaign once (first ending). you play through it a second time, but from a different perspective, so large chunks of the game where the protagonists split up are brand new (second ending). you then play through a whole second campaign which is at least as long as the first two passes and has all-new content on the same map. at the end you make a choice (third ending), and can then immediately go back to that choice and do it the other way (fourth ending). after you have tried both choices, the fifth ending happens

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

and each campaign is less than 5 hours right? ....right?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

haveblue posted:

kinda. you play through the campaign once (first ending). you play through it a second time, but from a different perspective, so large chunks of the game where the protagonists split up are brand new (second ending). you then play through a whole second campaign which is at least as long as the first two passes and has all-new content on the same map. at the end you make a choice (third ending), and can then immediately go back to that choice and do it the other way (fourth ending). after you have tried both choices, the fifth ending happens

there is a certain type of player this appeals to and it is not me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cat Face Joe posted:

a dingo ate me rotor

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lindburgh baby disappears and then later rotor shows up. makes one think.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

the first ending is like the tutorial, when you finish it you know the game and where everything is, so it doesn't take too long to get the other endings

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it took me ~50 hours to get all the endings in neir: automata, there's no grinding or anything unless you really want to

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

gonna be traveling a lot this month and I've put pokemon on hold as a result. v excited to get back to it

this is literally the ideal time to play switch :confused:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr. Crow posted:

this is literally the ideal time to play switch :confused:

that's what i mean, i'm holding it until i travel because other games im playing don't travel as well

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ahh, right on

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
rimworld: after a big raid in which a lot of the colony sustained some decent injuries, it became clear that i need to keep tame animals out of the main storeroom, or set up a secondary one for a few specific items

was patching up one of the timber wolves that barely survived (got caught in some crossfire while getting indoors, after restricting to a safer area), and saw that it had a yayo addiction

loving wolves have been eating up the colony's drug profits without me realizing

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
cocaine wolf coming to cinemas soon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I got ending 1 in nier: replicant and it owned. ! highly recommend the nier games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WNTzqKGxp4

quoting this to wait until
smoka gets ending E

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's almost fortress time, dwarf fans

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i hope the user interface is understandable without needing an advanced degree in it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

it's almost fortress time, dwarf fans

i almost took the day off but i gotta go into work today for a fail meeting -_-

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A department at work was throwing out a Sony PVM-1341! So I was like, can I just take it and they said sure! Now... to figure out how to hook up a SNES/NES/PSX to it. :3: It turns on thankfully but I don't have any cables to test it out with. It's from 1990 and was only ever used in a lab. Hopefully there isn't severe burn in or issue with the screen.

https://consolemods.org/wiki/CRT:PVM-1341

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

i hope the user interface is understandable without needing an advanced degree in it

What would be the loving point of playing Dwarf Fortress, then?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Is that a different way to spell RimWorld?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

can you have dwarves in rimworld with biotech?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dwarf rimworld clone is good, 2 thumbs up from me

👍👍

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dorf fortress starring tim conway more like

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:rip:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

quoting this to wait until
smoka gets ending E

doing nier: replicant ending b right now lol

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
What's a Tim Conway?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I did nier: automata all endings so I'm all about this lore

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
nier is better than dark souls and elden ring

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

What's a Tim Conway?

it’s u

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SmokaDustbowl posted:

doing nier: replicant ending b right now lol

if you start burning out on grinding some of the mats needed to unlock all the weapons for ending c you should be aware there are save editors out there (assuming you're playing on the pc)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

nier is better than dark souls and elden ring

yes, nier gestalt is :smug:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

this doesn’t answer the question

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Elden Ring Colosseum PVP update drops tomorrow apparently, looks nifty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gvvJ8JHs4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

susan b buffering posted:

if you start burning out on grinding some of the mats needed to unlock all the weapons for ending c you should be aware there are save editors out there (assuming you're playing on the pc)

it's new game plus, I'm flush with resources and don't need to grind, just get all the weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol at grinding anything to max in a yoko taro game