Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

didn’t the remaster just come out?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
well this just feels like standup

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yah; this is the remake

apparently there’s extra little areas and different scares!! I’m hoping to do a mostly all plasma cutter run but we’ll see

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Vintersorg posted:

yah; this is the remake

apparently there’s extra little areas and different scares!! I’m hoping to do a mostly all plasma cutter run but we’ll see

mostly?! how are you gonna get the one gun achievement on impossible???

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
plasma cutter run is actually very easy because it only drops ammo for guns you have in your inventory and you'll be swimming in the stuff. also it's the best gun and the game was more or less designed around it

I'm 95% done with my plasma run on medium and I just discovered the reason I can't find the last NG+ collectible is that they're bugged :/ time to put it on hold for a patch I guess

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sapozhnik posted:

i;m conveniently avoiding the entire moral dilemma of buying the hosed up english boarding school game by correctly surmising that it looks like child-oriented garbage for loving idiots have a "nice" day

:hmmyes:

Vintersorg posted:

or play more dead space

goddamn this game still fucks me up. made it to chapter 2 and yep, it’s like 2008 all over again - I can only take so much fear lol

first time playing on console and the aiming isn’t as bad as I thought it would be!

I am an absolute baby when it comes to horror but I remember with Dead Space once I started getting upgraded stuff it stopped being scary and was like "oh another necromorph", with a few jump scares etc.

then again now I have a much better sound system soooo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Vintersorg posted:

yah; this is the remake

You said you got to chapter 2 so you're probably past the maintenance bay where they put a dead necromorph that you shoot from a distance only to realise it's not pretending to be dead, but dead dead. I went "huh" and three steps past it you get ambushed by an actual live one. Motherspacers, they got me good

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

:hmmyes:

I am an absolute baby when it comes to horror but I remember with Dead Space once I started getting upgraded stuff it stopped being scary and was like "oh another necromorph", with a few jump scares etc.

then again now I have a much better sound system soooo

Yeah, getting startled owns. I don't think Dead Space is trying to be any kind of "horror" game other than the one that jump scares you with uglies that you dismember with some meaty gun shots to the sound of the anxiety violins. And that's fine, really. Haven't died yet, but I wonder if they also spent an ungodly amount of time on the death animations, I remember the original being kind of famous for that.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

Yeah, getting startled owns. I don't think Dead Space is trying to be any kind of "horror" game other than the one that jump scares you with uglies that you dismember with some meaty gun shots to the sound of the anxiety violins. And that's fine, really. Haven't died yet, but I wonder if they also spent an ungodly amount of time on the death animations, I remember the original being kind of famous for that.

yeah I remember a lot of ridiculously ott death animations for like "whoops fell in a trash compactor" etc

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just skipped 595 pages of this thread did i miss anything

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i don't like the idea of condemning all media made by awful people because there are great movies made by creeps and great music made by real motherfuckers and so on. luckily that sort of rule isn't required. rowlings transphobia is bad. really really disgustingly bad. and l o loving l if somebody wants to compare the wizard rpg with chinatown or your favorite early 90s rap track.

ain't nobody saying "skrewdriver makes such great music, divorce the art from the artist." i wonder why that is.

yeah, one of those cases where i *do* care a bit about the level of actual art involved. even michael jackson was ultimately a significant contemporary artist, where (i am guessing, haven't checked it out) i highly doubt the hogwarts game has much artistic merit.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

yes

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I feel like they added more gore to the actual necromorphs too - like pieces of their face or arms fall off but they keep coming. not the limb chopping either - like flesh.

also I think they got rid of the build up of stomping and Isaac gets more and more mad, could be me tho hehe

I can’t remember the maitenence bay scare. the one that got me was necromorphs spawning behind me and I see 2 appendages on my screen out of nowhere hehe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

plasma cutter run is actually very easy because it only drops ammo for guns you have in your inventory and you'll be swimming in the stuff. also it's the best gun and the game was more or less designed around it
yeah for sure. also all your upgrade points funnel into it so it gets strong af fast af. i enjoyed my one gun run quite a lot

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is there legit a cheeve for impossible plasma only? lol

goddamn. maybe down the road.

i am hoping when my wife gets back from her trip she'll wanna experience the horror of this game. :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nah, but there is one for impossible and one for plasma only any difficulty

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/i/status/1622950950255353857

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i take it all back, harry potter is good now

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cant wait to dodge roll in armored core 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKO1s-CUZvY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

haha yeah you did. but i can't really explain it. you had to be there

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

fart simpson posted:

video games

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Vintersorg posted:

cant wait to dodge roll in armored core 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKO1s-CUZvY

unironically yes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gamers are gonna be Real Mad when armored core 6 turns out to not at all be mech souls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mechiro

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
COME, MECHIRO!

*launches a thousand missiles*

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Are there any Armored Core fans in here that can give a rec for an older game to jump in on? Seems like it'd be my kind of game but I'd like to give one of the older ones a shot before I drop cash on a whole rear end AAA game and all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ive never played one but that trailer made me want to get that Day 1

the Vangelis/Blade Runner worship music is so loving good - I hope its all llike that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know a lot about the old games but I do know they're famous for having utterly deranged control schemes

AC6 is also likely not coming out for months, there will be plenty of media and buildup for it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i have not played an armored core

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Are there any Armored Core fans in here that can give a rec for an older game to jump in on? Seems like it'd be my kind of game but I'd like to give one of the older ones a shot before I drop cash on a whole rear end AAA game and all.

Its been forever since i played one and I skipped 5 entirely for... Reasons I don't remember. I'd say start with 2 and work your way up?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

here is armored core 5 gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa2JcYD2_GU

looks like a shooter

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
AC6 is not going to be at all what most gamers expect and crush their balls, I'm predicting another Sekiro where its really loving good but also niche.

I'm not sure why the AC series never really took off it always had a huge cult following, to hard i guess

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it always had to compete with gundam

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ive never played an armored core but at this point from software could put out a game called Quiggy Is A Big lovely Person Who Makes Bad Posts And Should gently caress Off and i'd buy it day one

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I do remember hearing that the controls were completely insane and the games were janky but that was a while ago and let's face it dark souls was a lot like that and yet here we are

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i was wondering why everyone was talking about a new animal crossing already, but then realized that, duh, there's a new assassins creed coming of course. don't think i'll play it though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

quiggy posted:

ive never played an armored core but at this point from software could put out a game called Quiggy Is A Big lovely Person Who Makes Bad Posts And Should gently caress Off and i'd buy it day one

lol pretty much same

FS owns my wallet

....altho I couldn't get into Sekiro :( the parrying system just messed me up and how I play Souls games is so ingrained into my brain I couldn't make the switch (I abuse dodge rolls)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i keep bouncing off sekiro, but that may also be the fault of it running like rear end on my ps4. i need to put it on ~my rig~ sometime and see if it works better at a higher framerate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The original Armored Core games on PSX were good but the controls had a steep learning curve. My buddy was really into them and I struggled so it bounced off me but the games look cool and fun.