Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Casual Encountess posted:

ever since yall posted about cs2 i hopped right back into csgo after a few years off. i just started playing shooting games again in 2020 and it annoys the gently caress out of me that everything is hero based. like i thought id really like rainbow 6 siege when i heard about it but it felt loving awful to play so im giggling that im back playing a dinosaur of a game.

anyways csgo is good+tight and im bad but its really nice to play a "simple" game

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Dijkstracula posted:

AND THEY'RE...All...dead.... *falls unconscious into the potted plant*

The road to the South is impassible. It's absolutely impossible to pass. Impassable.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

hello everyone im bill, president of microsoft games. have you heard of Azurik: Rise of Perathia ??

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

i just read durability is back tho :/

but it never bothered me - i just used the master sword and it never broke ever

never did finish tho - was right near the end on the wii u

durability is back but it appears the new fuse system allows you to extend the durability for items. also durability was in fact a good mechanic and people who didn't like it are wrong

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wow, can't believe Biden will finally be joining the Console Wars

Biden do what Donon't

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

wow, can't believe Biden will finally be joining the Console Wars

Biden do what Donon't

Corn Pop played MSX

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

AND THEYRE ALL DEAD!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

AND THEYRE ALL DEAD!

i've never understood this toast. i just don't get it :saddowns:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

quiggy posted:

durability is back but it appears the new fuse system allows you to extend the durability for items. also durability was in fact a good mechanic and people who didn't like it are wrong

separating and re-fusing items probably doesn't reset durability so people will still complain. i just wacked things with whatever. what i'm really hoping for is more enemy types. i got a little tired of the goblins and ninjas.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

it's saying that the drinkers are unique. the only people like them only live on in myth and legend

whether it's legend like your legendary drunkle mark that punched a cow or like achilles is an exercise left to the reader

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

there was enough weapons flying around it was always fun

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Roosevelt posted:

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
drat few!
And they're all dead!

It is mainly confusing because it works better as a call and response between two people the way it's worded in the game.

It would flow better as a single toast giver worded something like:

Here's to us! There's drat few like us, and they're all dead!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

Here's to us!
Who's like us?
drat few!
And they're all dead!

It is mainly confusing because it works better as a call and response between two people the way it's worded in the game.

It would flow better as a single toast giver worded something like:

Here's to us! There's drat few like us, and they're all dead!

why are they all dead?

did we kill them?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i already explained that roosevelt! what are you trying to pull here buddy???

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Roosevelt posted:

why are they all dead?

did we kill them?

because we’re the last ones left. we may or may not have been responsible for their passing, but the implication is clear: your mother is a whore

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

quiggy posted:

correct post

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is the best "toast"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDaCrTHClEs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

correct post

the idea that Every Mechanic Must Be Fun is idiotic, and weapon degradation was fine--especially since landing those big exploding hits for extra damage felt so good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

which switch pokémon games have pikachu in them? LJ likes pikachu and would probably like a pokémon game but i've never played one and can't really guide him

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pikachu is dead

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
long live pikachu

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

which switch pokémon games have pikachu in them? LJ likes pikachu and would probably like a pokémon game but i've never played one and can't really guide him

scarlet and violet both have Pikachu and are really good, otherwise let’s go pikachu is a remake of Pokémon yellow

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thanks! is there a strong reason to prefer scarlet/violet over let's go pikachu or vice versa? qol stuff, not being obtuse, etc are all good things - who the starter pokémon is probably doesn't matter that much so long as he can pick one that is either cute or cool

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the cutest pokemon is swablu

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

did you all know that there is now a pokemon that looks like a set of keys?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's a pokemon that is a v8 engine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

thanks! is there a strong reason to prefer scarlet/violet over let's go pikachu or vice versa? qol stuff, not being obtuse, etc are all good things - who the starter pokémon is probably doesn't matter that much so long as he can pick one that is either cute or cool

frankly SV ruined the previous games for me because being able to see Pokémon in the world and catch them all without stepping on yet another loving goddamn bat or ratatta is worth it’s weight in gold and also is a good intro to 3D open world games in general

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
gotta catch em all motherfucker

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

frankly SV ruined the previous games for me because being able to see Pokémon in the world and catch them all without stepping on yet another loving goddamn bat or ratatta is worth it’s weight in gold and also is a good intro to 3D open world games in general

sick, we'll go S/V then. thanks!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Sagebrush posted:

there's a pokemon that is a v8 engine

pokemon center psa:

STOP
don't enhance your pokemon with aftermarket parts

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i think that's actually the main new mechanic in s/v, though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/vg_history/status/1534848400226922496?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hey weird question, was playing ff7r last night and met aerith, but i couldve sworn at some point growing up that her standard anglicization was "aeris". any idea where i would've heard aeris originally over aerith?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quiggy posted:

hey weird question, was playing ff7r last night and met aerith, but i couldve sworn at some point growing up that her standard anglicization was "aeris". any idea where i would've heard aeris originally over aerith?
she was definitely aeris in the original english localization. i guess they decided to standardize it as aerith at some point :shrug:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quiggy posted:

any idea where i would've heard aeris originally over aerith?

literally everywhere there was an english speaking community talking about ff7 for a whole decade after its original release

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

quiggy posted:

close, but, ok so there were some people over in America who thought her name was spelled differently

but I think you got it a bit wrong, it was

Only registered members can see post attachments!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It's because nerds shouted about it on the internet. Nothing like being able to identify yourself as japan-adjacent by "correcting" the localisation

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Fool posted:

literally everywhere there was an english speaking community talking about ff7 for a whole decade after its original release

alright so im not crazy, cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Did you know Super Mario 2 is actually Doki Doki Panic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

quiggy posted:

alright so im not crazy, cool

you are but for other reasons