Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

it definitely is then, the nostalgia blast of rolling down into the warehouse is a real thing

yeah. probably not going to platinum it since that level 100 trophy is bullshit

some of the added challenges are genuinely hard though. I hope they do the same treatment for 3 and 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I really wish someone would re-release the non-gold-box SSI adventure games like Questrons and Phantasies. I guess they're in rights hell like the gold box games were before GOG did something about it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

how do the need for speed games compare with burnout paradise?

NFS Most Wanted is a good racer if you liked the early Burnouts, both developed by Criterion Games.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

the tony hawk 1 and 2 remake is good but probably not worth 40 bux if you weren’t a super fan back in the day

so here i am
doing everything i can
holding on to what i am
pretending i'm a super fan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

NFS Most Wanted is a good racer if you liked the early Burnouts, both developed by Criterion Games.

the big negative is that since they use real cars, they had to up graphic fidelity, so they're framelocked to 30 fps instead of 60 fps like burnouts

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

qirex posted:

yeah. probably not going to platinum it since that level 100 trophy is bullshit

some of the added challenges are genuinely hard though. I hope they do the same treatment for 3 and 4

They bleeped out the loving Dead Kennedys and Jello is on Twitter sharing copaganda what the hell happened to my wasted youth :cry:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Video Nasty posted:

They bleeped out the loving Dead Kennedys and Jello is on Twitter sharing copaganda what the hell happened to my wasted youth :cry:

wtf are they in the 'nazi punks gently caress on' camp now?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
biafra's been lovely for years

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Endless Mike posted:

so here i am
doing everything i can
holding on to what i am
pretending i'm a super fan

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lots of counter-culture 90’s artists are mega chuds now.

see also: ice cube

that one really hurts :smith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you didn't die in the 00s you weren't really a counterculture icon in the 90s.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you didn't die in the 00s you weren't really a counterculture icon in the 90s.

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/702633568221016065

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The GB Wario game is good. So is the GBA one.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, i'm a luigi.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

the big negative is that since they use real cars, they had to up graphic fidelity, so they're framelocked to 30 fps instead of 60 fps like burnouts

Nope, I thought not and just reinstalled it to check, a solid 60fps.

Currently 75% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1262560/Need_for_Speed_Most_Wanted/

though you do need an Origin account as well as your Steam account

edit: If you are wanting a fun smash em up racer I would also recommend Split/Second, this is another rare game where I 100%ed the challenges. This does have a 30fps cap, though it never bothered me so much.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/297860/SplitSecond/

though I'd wait for it to be on a better offer right now, its been under Ł4 in the past

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/splitsecond/info/

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 15, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

no, i'm a luigi.

this isn't the self-own thread

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This is brand-new on Steam and looks like a lot of fun, but maybe a bit hectic for my reflexes :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cDkmQ0F0Jw

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Should I get Kerbal or just hold out for Kerbal 2 next year?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is brand-new on Steam and looks like a lot of fun, but maybe a bit hectic for my reflexes :o:

it’s been in early access for a while and everything I’ve heard has been positive

baba is you guy is on the team iirc

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

Should I get Kerbal or just hold out for Kerbal 2 next year?

kerbal 2 is being made by a totally different team, so take that for what you will

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Fool posted:

kerbal 2 is being made by a totally different team, so take that for what you will

But Kerbal 1 is supposed to be really good, though?

:ohdear:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yes

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is this like some Bethesda/Obsidian "Oh gently caress, they did our job much better than we do: let's shun them" poo poo or what?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know how kerbal 2 is looking lately but you should not support what take 2 did to the dev team

kerbal 1 was and still is lightning in a bottle, get it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yeah ksp 1 blew my mind. i still remember that feeling i had when i finally got a spaceship to land on the mun

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Do the aliens have little ushankas?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ksp has given me greater and more intense feelings of accomplishment than literally anything else in gaming

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
give me 3body and i will pay $399 usd for kerbal space program version [whatever it ends up being]

I want to park stupid satellites at L1

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I keep trying to get into Workers & Resources but, :krad: soundtrack aside, goddamn is this a difficult game to get into.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Which of the Spaces Quest were the good ones?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

noita is fun, but i am very bad at it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
now that i’m well out of the tutorial metro exodus is scratching the itches. i love shooting idiots with hi-speed ball bearings and taking their poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is metro exodus an open world? i always thought they were straight fps

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jesus WEP posted:

Exodus has several small open worlds.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

yeah it’s sort of like a few big hub maps that you have multiple missions on and there’s like a dozen safehouses. side missions/exploring are like gathering musical instruments from raiders and finding upgrade attachments for your guns

it just has two resources for crafting which is nice. and it converts all extra ammo/supplies to those resources commensurate with the cost of making the ammo etc

the whole “cool train full of russian bros and one american weirdo” is an appealing concept

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sounds relevant to my interests

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Its got a few maps/levels that are fairly linear, although they do a good job of hiding it, and there's a few maps that are like mini-Fallout maps - way way bigger than the hubs in games like Deus Ex but not quite FO size either, but still plenty of side missions, locations and weird stuff to find.

Some of the environmental design is incredible, it's got two of my favourite james locations ever for spooky radiation urbex atmosphere (the train terminal in Volga and the underground coms centre in Caspian).

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

toiletbrush posted:

Its got a few maps/levels that are fairly linear, although they do a good job of hiding it, and there's a few maps that are like mini-Fallout maps - way way bigger than the hubs in games like Deus Ex but not quite FO size either, but still plenty of side missions, locations and weird stuff to find.

Some of the environmental design is incredible, it's got two of my favourite james locations ever for spooky radiation urbex atmosphere (the train terminal in Volga and the underground coms centre in Caspian).
i just finished the part in volga you mention and it was pretty neat. i also like running into neutral folks and one old guy was like “i can shoot good and i’d join you but my adult son here is a complete brainwashed cult idiot shithead who would literally die without me”

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

also liked the raider camp where everyone is already dead save for one lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

god this same is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWaKpPG5zw