Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

prey is real good and so are both dishonored games (same studio), especially the second one.

prey : system shock :: dishonored : thief

too bad deus ex couldn't pull off the same

there's a new noclip doc on arkane if you're into that sort of thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kdqwdbZZ8

they spend quite a chunk of time showing some of their canceled projects which is p rare, usually that sorta poo poo is on super duper NDA lockdown for eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qirex posted:

offset analog sticks are bad

wow wtf

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

i was poking around with a vr headset and i clicked the "virtual desktop" button while playing a 4k netflix stream and it instantly blew up my computer. like a hard lock CPU crash with the DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDR sound until i killed power to the machine.

well done to all programmers involved

this feels a lot like burning cds back in the days where if you tried to burn a cd and also start netscape during the process you'd toaster your cd 80% of the time.

some times computes just don't wanna do more than one thing at once.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

the server side of eve is (or at least used to be) written in python.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

qirex posted:

sleepy dogs is a great game even though it’s obviously unfinished, it really feels like it nails the vibe of hk

the idle chatter from rando pedestrians on the street is spot on

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone recognise if these monsters are from a specific game or if they are original art..?

looks a lot like old apple II era Might and Magic art, but couldn't say definitively

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
a coworker got a 3080 by moving to Singapore 4 months and ordering one the day he landed, you could try that.

edit: he got it yesterday to clarify

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
especially right before summer. humidity overload

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

civ 2 is nice on a huge screen

where can I get a legit copy of civ ii these days? I played zillions of hours of it on my parents pizza box Mac back in the day

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i still have my cd, but i think you can get it here (don't get the gold edition, it's worse on the mac)

https://macintoshgarden.org/games/civilization-ii

I mean i have my cd also but it's 8k miles away in a basement somewhere. probably.

currently owning the english with the ironic combo of adam smith's trading company and communism. :rock:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

jesus WEP posted:

how would you even solve those lovely shrine puzzles without gyro aiming, can you even manipulate the platforms and such with the analogue sticks?

i didn't realize there was a gyro control in the game at first and was like "wtf why are the controls so hosed up"

so I turned it off in settings and just play w/ a pro controller and it's honestly fine

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

i have adult coworkers who literally type with two fingers. idk how they do it as professors. they're supposed to be writing all the time

i worked with a sysadmin who typed w/ two fingers and refused to learn differently. he was also super good at his job so w/e

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
goddamn e-shop is not available in your region guess I’ll go to an actual store like some sort of cretin

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

bump_fn posted:

i dont understand why people prefer asymmetrically placed analog sticks and buttons. ps controller remains the best because of this

I’m the exact opposite. I can’t stand the PS controller because of that goddamn stick placement. Xbox and pro switch controller are way more comfortable to hold

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
attn gamers: come work for the SG military

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Spiderweb software games are peak gaming, Exile and Geneforge in particular

I still remember asking my dad to write a check so I could mail it and get their first game on floppy disk

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
you’re posting about adjusting your mouse sensitivity for a game that’s decades old.

at least the other posts I skip by (don’t care about AC) are for new interesting poo poo

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

totk is dope so far but it feels very much like "so you wanted botw v2? well here it fuckin is". not that that's a bad thing (i did want)

i think the original intent a long time ago was that it was gonna be DLC but then they decided wait actually we added a shitload of new interesting systems to this game lets make it standalone

im not adding anything new to the convo but totk is really spectacular

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
gf is playing the new final fantasy and the main character’s name is loving clive???

I haven’t played a FF game since the snes so I assume he has an interesting backstory or whatever but lol clive

I guess Cletus didn’t make the final name list

pretty game though

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
nm im dum

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 3, 2023

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Shaggar posted:

Bungie's games have always been bad, but they used to be able to hide it by only releasing to macs and consoles where the users didnt know any better.

myth I and II were loving great you dumb bastard

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

akadajet posted:

lol if you work on something only to leak poo poo about it

some people really want the attention and also want to get insta-fired if your infosec team is remotely competent

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Pythagoras a trois posted:

why is no one freaking out that you can get a real life seamoth for only like 550k. that's reason enough to suck capitalism's dick.

it's stuck at the 100m depth ability but also you don't have to drink bladderfish every 30 mins to survive, so it's honestly not so bad

i mean there's free divers who have hit 100m+ and a person i am very close with is training to hit 100m on a rebreather where the science after 50m is basically "good luck!" do i think that is a good idea? gently caress no, but she is determined so

diving is expensive but it's not 550k expensive

game news i'm still trying to finish totk but get so distracted building stupid poo poo and crashing it i don't think i'll ever beat this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

axolotl farmer posted:

I have no idea what a 'tree punching game' is. is it like the first few minutes of Minecraft?

survival games where you have to spend a gazillion hours doing dumb poo poo to get resources to makes things that might maybe be a fun game at some point

edit: i despise survival games if that's not clear