Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Majora's Mask in BOTW looks real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

elysium update: i solved the case of the renegade driver who jumped the canal. as i found the car in the ice my mind slowly started piecing what actually happened together in my mind right before the game would lead me down the path. my suspicions were confirmed when kim initially didn’t want to investigate but then suddenly had a change of heart once he got a better look at the carriage.

gently caress this game hits hard / is extremely well written. i know i literally just said this two days ago but i feel like i’m gonna be gushing about this game for a while

Same thing with Outer Wilds, I've been thinking about those games to this day since I beat it last year

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

outer wilds was spectacular, i wish i could erase it from my brain and play it all over again

:same:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The Fool posted:

outer wilds

subnautica

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i guess it's called boneworks

Yes Boneworks, very good gun game with some cool universal physics

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Abzu is my favorite artsy "Journey" type game. Some seriously moving moments. I have a hankering to replay it every year.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The developer, Giant Squid, also released "The Pathless" this year. Super good game too

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also Abzu's soundtrack is phenomenal.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:argh: Give me Bloodborne on pc goddamn it

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

which of these PS4 games should I get? Subnautica for sure after all the chat in this thread, and I’ve at least heard of the witness so I grabbed that. anything else?

Get really high and play Abzu, Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty good too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

abzu is good enough if you've smoked big doinks in amish beforehand. otherwise it's journey under the sea minus secretly other players

You don't know if that Hammerhead Shark was another player

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mayro and rabbits game was pretty good and surprisingly deep

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the new isaac expansion is real good

I want it!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Good poo poo, well deserved

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

What videogames do you play on your extra monitor during work time? Looking for some chill turn based games. Even windowed mode.

I've put about 50 hours into slay the spire, and Indiana Jones Desktop adventures for Windows 95

I don't play while working from home but I imagine Loop Hero is perfect for the extra monitor.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

If you've got a vr headset and want a fairly cheap fun game Demeo is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqh3X9MCXPo

Played a few hours tonight and had a blast

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Battlefield 1 was awesome and it's still full of people. Bad Company 2 was amazing to and you can still find very active servers

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

toiletbrush posted:

props also for adding bots so you can play offline (cos there's no single player campaign)

Kinda ok with this, with the exception being Battefield 1, the single player campaigns were kind of rear end. Except maybe the air fight in 3

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Armitag3 posted:

Bad news Beep, BotW is an anime game.

Umm, would an anime game have Bobby Hill?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Been playing BF1 for a while and recently started BF4 again after a long time, still really fun, and like I said previously, you'll still find full very active servers

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shaggar posted:

i was thinking about getting a switch but the controls seemed so incredibly flimsy when i tried one. can you use an xbone controller instead?

You can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786JC6VW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BEFV0R194R0EEF759QY8

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Can't wait for the new Forza Horizon, looked super good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i can't fit in the ring yet but one day...

No joke Mario Rabbids is pretty fun and surprisingly deep in regards to combat

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol valve hardware. I still have a steam controller lying around somewhere I got for very cheap in a steam sale.

Me too, it kinda rules for a entertainment pc controller.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

President Beep posted:

had my joycons working with dolphin but I couldn’t figure out how to play twilight princess for wii without actual wii-mote. then one of the joycons lost bluetooth connection with the computer and wouldn’t pair at all(!!!) instead of providing a bad example to my son by destroying every computer around me in a blind rage i said “okay, we’ll just play switch now”.

I played the Wii-U Twilight Princess remaster with a controller that worked pretty well on Dolphin and used my mouse for touch screen stuff.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wolfenstein, started a replay of it yesterday and its still real loving good. One of my all time favorite protagonists

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Oh my gently caress

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The only game to give me some serious existential dread then made me poo poo myself in terror. So loving good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

are the prey or dishonored 2 DLC worth it? steam has a bundle with both games, sans-DLC for twelve bucks

Prey for sure, Dishonored 2 DLC was, in my opinion, kind of lacking that certain je ne sais quoi

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BF 2042 is kinda loving dope, combat and mobility is top notch, don't know what the problem with BFV was but it didn't feel right

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Is there a place I can play it for free to see if I like it

For now no, its a closed technical test, I think there is an open beta happening soon.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

But when you finally get that perfect combination of perks and wands you feel like a loving god

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MrQueasy posted:

finally got my hands on a PS5 for MSRP. God gently caress this thing is huge.

Hey let me borrow it for a few days

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I wish there was more done with the zero g areas, the movement and limited combat in those areas, I remember, enjoying a lot.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

the enemies range from humanoid androids to suited up soldiers not unlike the combine. maybe watch the trailer for it first?

https://youtu.be/oP8C2nmv3Ag

also boneworks has headcrabs too but they are 100x more terrifying than alyxs

Yeah I don't know why but the robotic crabs can be scary as poo poo

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

they are very animal like and really fast, it’s horrifying

and unlike Alyx’s headcrabs that fade to black when they get on your head, you get to watch the boneworks ones happen, although it’s a cool little weird surprise what actually happens when they do it.

Oh yeah that effect is dope, although the first time I got attacked by a headcrab I panicked and punched my myself through my headset

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

i quit playing maneater because i wanted a chill be-a-shark game where i could occasionally eat people, but instead it kept giving me missions to kill alligator buddies that i was incredibly bad at

i think that the fights were supposed to be easy but the combat/controls never really clicked for me

i got all the achievements on the afterburner remake that was on the xbox live arcade for 360. i think that's the only only one i've done (the plat or whatever was basically "beat the game" iirc)

Abzu, you get to ride with a bunch of shark buddies.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The Fool posted:

Forza Horizon 5 is out

I'm going crazy, I see in some places it says it's out today and others it says the 9th and on game pass it says the 9th

:smithfrog: I just want to play forza

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

it's today if you buy the premium version, the 9th for regular and gamepass (which is regular)

So us common folk are not worthy of playing 4 days early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shaggar posted:

in classic dice fashion, the hovercraft in 2042 can climb buildings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBlCT8jnHBI

It's a feature