Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i liked prey... as an LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

remember the retired chicago cop that posted on sa that everyone fawned over for months until it came out he was a sex pest

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he wasn't just a sex pest he was a teen groomer

acab

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

there's a Samurai Jack game that came out today. idk if it's any good, and it's kind of expensive, but it's cool that they made a samurai jack game

it looks like a mobile game imo, and i see it is on apple arcade...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I pirated it and played it for a couple hours and it was boring

this was my exact experience too - just didn't grab me at all and i'm a sucker for these kind of games

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

amazing that the company known for multiple delays is making a game with multiple delays

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the plot makes sense because it’s the greek gods and they were famously insanely dumb and horny - that’s why people like them so much it’s like real people

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just realized today that my Xbox account has AC Black Flag from back in the 360 days. gonna download the hell out of it and pirate it up on the Xbone

that game is v good and would be even better with the entire main story removed

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

whatever. i crafted a legendary daedric claymore that shoots fireballs on every hit. now give up the throne you telletyubby lookin rear end bitch

that’s all well and good until he lures you into alulakhan’s chamber, then you’re in deep poo poo my friend

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

wait is this 2077?

ya but before the last couple of patches for release

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

daggerfall had a lot of tabletop concepts in it which was neat, they generated realistic distances between town so you had to plan out camping on your way

the dungeons were huge and randomly generated though which was p awful, imagine spending four plus hours in a dungeon to complete a very minor fetch quest

the dibella priestesses tho had their titties out which was v. exciting for young wack

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-voJ3TSt8
lol going from punching trees to constructing a dyson sphere

that looks p cool

apparently the management games thread likes it too

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

my stepdads beer posted:

hmm getting big factorio vibes

it is 3d multilevel factorio and super addicting

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Fool posted:

is there a bunch of orbit stuff and or multiple planets?

yes, and orbital stuff modeled accurately so for example, you can build a planet wide band of solar panels to have 100% solar cover and always be in sunlight

once you're done with your first lovely factory you can just fly over to another planet to do another, and set up a railgun network to transport poo poo

just dipping my toes in so far but it owns very hard

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

also it can do some tricks factorio can't do... here's some pics from the mgmt. games thread

multi-level splitters

https://i.imgur.com/St7AjeI.mp4
multi-tile configurable splitters (poster notes you could go even more nuts if you worked in multi-level)

the whole main game progression is already done so the next year is UI polishing and adding more poo poo in

e:

some of the buildings in this pic are actually multiple buildings stacked on top of each other, they stack and share inventory

e:

solar sails deployed by the player orbiting the planet visible from the ground

e:

traveling to another planet, beginning of the dyson sphere project in the center of the system

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 22, 2021

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Fool posted:

how’s performance

would it run on a newer, but non-gaming laptop?

no idea it runs fine in 4k on my 7 year old pc but ymmv

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i already built a dyson sphere in stellaris i don't see why i'd need to do it again

because humans live in a simulation now
and the CentreBrain needs more energy to run it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

TimWinter posted:

The biggest misstep of cyberpunk 2077 is that it wasn't made by the eidos montreal team. That and no flying cars, did these guys even watch blade runner?

and they even have you ride one in the corpo intro, and have trauma team show up in one in the intro mission

what a mess that game is

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i really, really, really disliked the quippy-ness of it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Eeyo posted:

just realized a few days ago that the witcher 3 doesn't have a single non-white character (at least so far)

not true

it has greeks

the irish

and persians

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

carry on then posted:

finally actually finished cp2077

honestly, i liked it. it was pretty much the third new deus ex game that'll never come out mated to a sub-par gta clone but the campaign was interesting enough to keep me moving forward and the city is interesting enough to just mill around and sightsee for a bit

ya Night City is honestly one of the best video game cities ever for how fully realized it is as a place - shame about the rest of the game

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i truly believe cdpr got high on their own farts and thought the multiplayer would carry the game ala gta 5, you can see it in the way they designed all the open world side stuff

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Sapozhnik posted:

Nothing worthwhile has happened so far in this century.

Plenty of bad things, sure, but worthwhile?

Even the crap on the radio hasn't really changed that much compared to say the difference between the 60s and the 80s.

lol this is just called getting old and out of touch - every generation thinks this, e.g. my boomer in-laws think no meaningful culture has happened since 1970

e: and just as a friendly reminder 1970 was fifty one years ago

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My under has never been more whelmed :(

same... not too surprising though from FO76

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

surprising number of my coworkers play various mobile gatcha games at work

one of the directors i work with she is some huge whale for some mobile war game i have never heard of and is also the guild leader of a huge guild that she coordinates thru whatsapp group messaging while in meetings

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

been on a streets of rogue kick at work, also playing obscure indie games while lying to myself that i could make something as good or better

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

this poo poo was ruined by monetization - no one wants to put out guides and wiki updates anymore because they will be immediately scraped for someone's clickbait blog, youtube channel or ad-infested wiki

the only stuff you still see is pinned discord posts and google docs which are both difficult to discover and depending on how good the moderation is half the time they are completely wrong because they are from earlier builds of a game with no version indicated and no removal once they are invalid

or you get to enjoy some nerd spending 38 mins in a video explaining something that used to be a paragraph of text please like and subscribe check out my patreon

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

haveblue posted:

wikis are a good replacement for gamefaqs txts, or at least they would be if fandom.com wasn't garbage

fextralife is notorious here too, they scrape other wikis and never update the page while embedding stealth twitch.tv embeds to push up their viewership on twitch its completely insane

devs that make community wikis and support them do rule tho

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

is pathfinder kingmaker any good?

its very good if you like an epic 150+ hour crpg

also it has a better story than poe2

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

HZD was weird for me, i tried to play it several times but burned out in newbieland, then one time i sat down and pushed myself to get out of the first tribe's area and i was hooked and 100%'d the game and dlc

it's good!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

maneater is the one that’s : the game, right?

no the shark protagonist is female

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the best part of video game piracy was all the things devs put in to punish you - like
in Ultima 7 if the game was pirated all the npcs would chase you and shout "Oink!" or in Escape Velocity an unkillable ship would come in and yeet you off the screen. in Darkstar One they would turn the warp map into a fever dream and make it so you couldn't leave the system, and in Game Dev Tycoon you just slowly go bankrupt no matter what.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

square enix always had a massive ego problem with their western studios outperforming their less appealing japanese stuff that they strongly believe should be very very important, like dragon quest and whatever the gently caress final fantasy even is at this point. seems like their chief dipshit got into crypto. it's amazing how publicly listed companies allow their executives to act this irrationally, to stab their own eye (or in this case, IOI) to spite their face but it seems to happen all the time?

DQ11 and FFXIV have both been absolutely massive successes and carried the company through a lot of their other dumb poo poo

but holy gently caress is the top management dumb there

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

surviving mars has a v nice soundtrack which is good for boppin along with some edibles as you forget to give o2 to your peeps

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

psiox posted:

still playing last call bbs and this poo poo owns hard

i have been playing an embarrassing amount of the default solitaire that comes with it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Lysidas posted:

i bought and started playing rimworld and I can see this being a huge time sink, games good

ya it rules and the mod scene is insane

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

rimworld modding is cool because you can run 400+ mods easy and the whole shitpile holds up

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

watched a stream of the hogwarts game and it looks fun and obviously a labor of love from the dev team, it’s weird that there’s no thread to discuss it - would rather have people have it out then censor folks

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Cat Face Joe posted:

just simply do not purchase the transphobia game. and if you must, stop trying to justify why you are

it's super weird how glib people are being about it!

there's nothing transphobic in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Fool posted:

now answer my question:

should I pick up one of the pathfinder games and if so which one

wrath is the newer and more polished of the two, i prefer kingmaker's somewhat more standard fantasy story but wrath is a lot of fun, has more qol and the mythic paths are worth a couple replays

they both have strategy layer minigames, the first has a kingdom sim using cards and the second is a homm clone