Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

actually the spider ladies in dark souls seemed fairly chill, it was a shame to kill one of them. like she was just hanging in blight town not bothering anyone, and at least if the cultist guy is anything to go by, the people with eggs in them were willing and into that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Some guy who worked on some racing game in like 1630 Tweeted that they slapped different stats on the vehicles despite them all having the exact same specs in the code, and now people are replying with "no you are wrong they handled very differently!"

Basically Twitter is 100% Nazis and the rest are people who think they know things better than the people who literally created those things.

e: It was Hi Octane I just remembered.

well gently caress. i bought that game from a bargain bin back in the day and quite liked it even though the whole thing was very much half baked.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

ouds are cool and good and i won’t let anyone tell me otherwise

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

these targeted advertisements are out of control

i love the idea of kingsway but i can't figure out how to not get rapidly ground down on health and resources and killed within the first couple of areas (or even what direction i should be going in). is there a good guide or lp i can look at to work out how i should actually be playing the game?

also in metroidvania news i finally got around to finishing the 2014 strider remake. it's a pretty solid game and plays like classic ninja gaiden but with the usual ability-gated progression through a large open map.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

traffic marines sounds very adjacent to SEA PATROL

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

psiox posted:

same, also i tried to play it right after finishing prey (2017) and was basically going to be disappointed no matter what

anyway i was just listening to the descent 2 soundtrack again because it fuckin' owns. hell yeah ogre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UGGojdnjSc

if we're getting nostalgic about 90s game soundtracks then i need to post this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

oh, that's neat, the drums would really compliment the stompiness of a mech.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PADqrksT1_c

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I'm in a similar space with dark souls, i began with sotfs and rapiering my way through the game until just after the castle, when my computer died and i never picked it up again.
i tried the original dark souls too, rocking a claymore. Got past the capra demon second try i think because ds2 trained me fairly well against humanoid bosses, but i stalled versus the gaping dragon since I'm not very good at fighting giant beasts. i will eventually give it another go.
everyone says parrying is pretty easy, but it feels really high risk since if you flub it once or twice you're close to death really quickly. maybe i should just practise it and die repeatedly in the process?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

i don't like his hat.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Pile Of Garbage posted:

now currently playing AC6. it's quite challenging but i'm enjoying it. i've reached the last mission of chapter one so i'll see how things go with Balteus.

nice. just load up on whatever, preferably with a pulse gun or blade somewhere to help knock out the shield, then just get right up in its face and never stop firing. granted i never experienced pre-patch balteus, but the missiles doing a 180 and hitting you in the back seemed like a dick move so I'm not sad that's gone.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Pile Of Garbage posted:

why does an armored core game have a stealth mission? EXTREMELY RUDE imo

just bring something that will one-shot whoever thinks they saw you, you get a bit of time before they call for help. and replay the mission afterwards so you can choose to spare or kill your target, depending on what you did first time round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Pile Of Garbage posted:

yeah i managed to get past the mission but it was annoying, especially that one attempt i did where i killed both tetrapods and grabbed the battle log and then got spotted by the last loving MT on the map because they caught be by surprise!

did you do both outcomes for that mission?