Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

i bounced right off of it after leaving the starting plateau and dicking around on a horse a bit. i should play it some more

i did the same thing. i picked it up for the second or possibly third time last year and it really clicked, now its one of my favorite games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

my understanding is it runs like poo poo

they just released a patch this week that supposedly improved performance by a ton on the switch.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

agreed. more full-party trusts when

apparently they are a bitch to program the ai for so probably not soon

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How do raids/dungeons work in FFXIV? Can just queue up for them via some kind of ingame tool?

Yeah you use the duty finder to queue up, or if trusts/duty support are implemented for the dungeon you can run it with NPCs.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

You can do trust for all the dungeons now! For the pre-shadowbringers dungeons you just get some rando soldier npcs. Pretty much raids and trials are the only things you need to find friends for anymore.

So now your squadron can just hang around being even more worthless because they didn't backport the trust ai to them

I think the recent update only added them for ARR so Heavensward / Stormblood dungeons don't have them yet.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

finished 3.0 a few mins ago. still love the game though

i should ng+ heavensward since i forgot a lot about it and sir aymeric is one of my favorite characters

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

aymeric and haurchefant true bros

:negative:

i just played death stranding and tbh there were less cut scenes at the beginning than i was led to believe. really didn't feel like it took much longer than any other similar type of game to get to the true meat of it.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

qirex posted:

"buy the deluxe edition 6 months later for $20" is pretty sound advice for all open world games

speaking of which I'm a few hours into ghost of tsushima and it's pretty cool so far but I'm definitely feeling the "here's a dozen stealth ways to murder people" vs. your uncle nagging you to not do that

the tension between what your uncle wants you to do and what's actually effective is a pretty big part of the game's narrative. you should do what you enjoy because ultimately the narrative doesn't change based on your tactics (though using ghost tactics does cause thunderstorms).

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i replayed automata recently and forgot how amazing route c is

also one of the few game soundtracks i bother listening to outside playing the actual game

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Do it, I have 100% it twice now, and was about to do it for a 3rd time before I got bored.

i started my second run earlier this year and it's insane how much stuff i missed the first time around. probably get back into it this winter since it's such a cozy game

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i imagine it'll make use of that amd upscaling algorithm they've started using in other games. obviously not a silver bullet but it's definitely helping squeeze more life out of the hardware

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

finally playing disco elysium and suffered a fatal heart attack within 15 minutes. goty

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

echinopsis posted:

idk if this is the best place but my partner is looking for gaming headset for her son for xmas

anyone have anything to tell me before I just start finding one? he has xbox

wireless ideally I guess

the steelseries' arctis lineup is pretty decent imo and has a bunch of options at different price points. i haven't tried the cheaper ones but the midrange one i bought a couple years ago is need-suiting

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i used to love them, but the shift to non-removable batteries pisses me off.

they used to ship with two batteries, so you could always have one charging and one in the headset.

ah that's a bummer. i really wish more things had replaceable batteries

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

jesus WEP posted:

it runs like rear end on switch fyi

didn't some patches improve this

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

chiv2 is quite good and doesn’t have the Nazi problem that mordhau had

I’m assuming because you can’t barbie dress up yourself to look like a crusader

yeah i was also worried a bit about chivalry 2 for the same reason but it's largely just been the same chaos i enjoyed from the first one

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Roosevelt posted:

are any of those on gamep rear end?

automata was but it got removed

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SmokaDustbowl posted:

doing nier: replicant ending b right now lol

if you start burning out on grinding some of the mats needed to unlock all the weapons for ending c you should be aware there are save editors out there (assuming you're playing on the pc)

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i've played through the ending of nier replicant/gestalt like 6 times at this point and this scene always gets the waterworks going

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

not sure what to make of this

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

in one of the paper mario games you can simply decline to go save the princess (or whatever) and it immediately gives you a game over

more games really should do this when they have a "but thou must" type prompt

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

roads within the chiral network will have some % of resources other players spend building their roads donated to yours (or something along these lines), so a decent chunk of the cost will be taken care of by that. i don't really recall having much trouble with the cost of roads otherwise, especially once i got better tools to raid mule camps with.

i think as you progress the game you see more and more of other people's structure, or at least that's how it felt when i played. at any rate i didn't really feel like i was lacking in player structures. actually i think one of the more expensive structures i hardly ever built because there always seemed to be one near where i would want it anyways.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I just beat Nier: Replicant, got the final ending and let it delete all my saves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9yznfbrXbE

there's an ending e which is pretty great

make a new save and it'll start the same as a new game but i think diverges into the new content when you fight that boss with kaine. after that it's like 2-3 hours of new stuff

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 3, 2023

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

now i just got the dialogue with meg that's like "why the hell did you sign the pact of punishment you idiot" even though i've already had the dialogue for turning it on then back off the following run. i don't remember things being so inconsistent last time (not that it's a big deal or anything)

i think if you progress fast enough it definitely makes the dialogue triggers a bit wonky since they get queued iirc, so stuff will fire some time after it's relevant

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

me and my brothers spend like 2 years playing through divinity 2. looking forward to bg3 :pcgaming:

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

consoles don't have ksp, q.e.d. pc is best

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4581-PPSA03748_00-KSPEECOMPLETE000

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i played a couple hours of sons of the forest with a friend and didn't care for it. not a huge survival game fan so that was mostly it, but I hated the combat especially. loving morrowind had more visceral combat than this game

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

quiggy posted:

to my eternal shame the only ff games I've rolled credits on, other than ffxiv expansions, are 13 and 15

14 up to Endwalker was the first FF I actually finished lol.

Since then I've beaten FF7:R, FFX, and Strangers of Paradise. Loved all 3, and am playing through FF7 now, and playing FF7 has made me appreciate FF7:R even more. I figure I'm having the experience most FF7 fans have playing FF7:R in reverse, and that owns.

Midgar is also 1/3 of FF7's script, so it's not really out of line for them to devote the first game to it imo.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Sagebrush posted:

According to the SSA there are a couple dozen men in the USA named Sephiroth, most of them in their early 20s

badass

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

quiggy posted:

the new zelda looks good

i'm going to be daydreaming about making contraptions and fusing weapons for the next 6 weeks

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

strangers of paradise is one of the best 7/10 games ever made

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

oh no blimp issue posted:

im playing through it with 2 mates and it really makes the game 10/10, but co-op improves any game tbh

i can see that though i was pleasantly surprised that the AI wasn't completely helpless

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

quiggy posted:

cff7rs: the characters do their little post battle animations and it plays the after fight music from the original after a colosseum match :3:

this reminds that i should probably finish up my first play through of ff7 (not the remake) before the 1-2 punch of TOTK and FF16 this summer

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

quiggy posted:

ff7 is a good game but tbh it peters out pretty hard the further it goes. it's honestly a middling ff, but goddamn the midgar section really was something special

yeah i definitely lost some steam after leaving midgar. what really did me in was the parade section. the music for that was extremely grating and the horrible minigames didn't help.

i do have a weird amount of nostalgia for FF7 despite never playing it though, mostly because my brother did play it and also burned me a copy of the soundtrack (or rather, a selection of the soundtrack recorded by an actual orchestra, i think) which i wore the gently caress out of.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

quiggy posted:

I would if I hadn't just taken four days off

:same:

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

jesus WEP posted:

i got to the rito temple today and i thought the journey to get there was the highlight of the game so far

i assume by rito temple you mean the big ol boat

the lead-up to the rito temple and the boss fight were s-tier zelda moments for me. dungeon itself was great but not quite as good as those two things, though the escalating music as you progress was rad.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i enjoyed the new MSQ trial. almost wiped at the very end but was saved by a clutch healer LB3 :cheerdoge:

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Radio Paranoia posted:

i finished death stranding like, 2 weeks ago and sony won't stop sending me psn emails about it

if only there were someone around to remind you to check them...

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

psiox posted:

there's a great gag that goes around tumblr occasionally that's like

"link is lgbtqia+!"
"what, all at once?"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

goty