Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

don’t say bideo shame. it’s cringe af

don't post in this forum again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

don’t give money to wife beaters to try and “own” me again

wasn't me, i'd never spend money on you

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

bloodborne is so loving good

i tried to get back into dark souls 3 after i finally beat bloodborne and it's just sooo sloooow in comparison

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

woop woop, that's the sound of g*police

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

one thing to keep in mind with dark souls, you'll see this if you watch speedrun videos, is that you don't have to kill or even engage with all the enemies on the way to the boss. like if you are just running back to fight capra for the umpteenth time, now that you know the route, there is usually a way that you can run through all the enemies and get to the fog door before they catch up. also capra is technically optional

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

well ops, I killed the capra demon. one thing that helped was murdering lautrec in the camp and taking his ring. that gave me enough carrying capacity to wear pants in the fight

now it's time to fight basilisks and get cursed :yum:

good job that is the best way to deal with lautrec! and that is a really good ring. but in case you didn't read the description closely, don't take that ring off, or you'll lose it. it's good until anor londo at least so you'll want to keep it for quite a while, maybe even the whole playthrough.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i really liked the original far cry and then i bought one of the sequels for console, i think far cry 4 or something? and it was completely different

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

who cares, in a year they'll both be obsolete hardware, and you'll have to get the ps5 pro if you want your games to work in 8k

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

halberd is a super fun weapon. for shields the most important thing is to find one with 100% physical damage reduction, so you can block hits without taking any hp damage

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

holy poo poo daoc still exists. i remember playing that when mmos were just starting to become a thing, long before wow. i got it as a gift, and the box had a free month, so i played for that month but never actually paid for an account. i can easily see my life going in a very different direction if i had gotten into mmos because boy am i exactly the sort of person who would get addicted to them

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

are those actually official servers? i'm assuming those are long gone and the only place to play now is some tiny community-hosted poo poo that only maxxxximum mmo nerds would ever find out exists

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

so here i am
doing everything i can
holding on to what i am
pretending i'm a super fan

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i have a ps5 and a disc with elden ring on it. and i can't bring myself to insert the disc into the ps5. because i know that when i do, It's On

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

108, drunk

e: accuracy 99.82% :getin:

DELETE CASCADE fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 1, 2023

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

SmokaDustbowl posted:

like it's not even good just forget about it

don't describe your posts

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i've got 9 out of 10 (never played, or even heard of, shadow of the colossus)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

haha pc gaming

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what is the difference between dark souls from games and ghost and goblins games from 25 years ago

souls games are in 3d and easier

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

well then! boy will you be excited for elden ring!!!

they call them imps but they're fuckin goblins

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i'm a stoned construct

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

gotta catch em all motherfucker

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Sweevo posted:

ff8 is the worst ff game

counterpoint: triple triad

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

quiggy posted:

the problem is i have a very specific mario kart brain illness in which i must three-star all cups at all speeds, which means winning every race of the cup. i did that in the original but i have so many low speed races i need to do and any one can be blown up by an unlucky blue shell

you know how to drift boost the entire time, right? with that skill refined, you should be so far ahead of the computer in 50/100cc that it doesn't even matter if you get hit by a blue shell

if it's still causing you problems because the loving cpu cheats and rubber-bands, then just hang out in second place until the very end and boost your way forward. you can also try getting into last place and hogging the blue shell for yourself

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Been doing a faith build run through elden ring, man is it way better in this one than like most of the dark souls games. Blasphemous Blade is just kinda dumb, was digging the Cipher Pata since I always love fist weapons in these games but once you get about up to Leyndell fuckin everything has stupid high holy resistances it feels like. Want to at least get past Mohg on this guy since I imagine that's where the DLC will be starting, wish I had an idea on what a good level for it will be or something.

i'm doing str/fai with int as my dump stat (just like irl!) and all i get is sorcery after loving sorcery :mad:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't tried totk yet because i'm still on that elden ring. i have one question. do weapons still break after you use them 10 times?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

cool mechanic :rolleyes:

then again it took the souls series like 3 games to realize that was bullshit

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

LIFE IS PAIN, GET OVER IT!

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

DELETE CASCADE posted:

LIFE IS PAIN, GET OVER IT!

ANYONE ELSE WANT SOME?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i'm still elden ringing over here

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

who remembers original counterstrike surfing maps? pepperidge farmDELETE CASCADE remembers

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

elden ring remains fkn dope. i'm on the mountaintops of the giants now

game's all about sorcery. nahhh bro gently caress sorcery arseways. my char has 7 int just like me irl

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

psiox posted:

oh dang, the steam deck is on sale if anyone's interested

the reason it's on sale is because nobody is interested

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i beat the godskin duo in elden ring and i know i have just an onslaught of bosses left and i have no motivation to complete them

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Eeyo posted:

i'm playing through ffvii again, trying to do a few things i missed last time i played.

i kind of hate the gold saucer. it just feels horrible. i set up a steam input thing to cheese the basketball minigame so i can just get 300gp every time without even trying it's great. just fire O for 0.45s and you're golden.

i think i really enjoyed gold saucer and cait sith as a kid, my tastes must have been terrible as a pre-teen

do do do dododo do dododododo do do do dodododo do do
do do do dododo do do dododo do do do dodododo do

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

elden ring is good but as i approach the end of the game, i don't feel like i've gotten any better at it. like when i beat bloodborne it was because i got really good at bloodborne. and you won't get far in sekiro without getting good. in elden ring i just guard counter suckas with a greatshield and a big fuckoff sword :shrug:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

quiggy posted:

guard counters are the best new mechanic in elden ring

they are almost too powerful imo. not only do you get a free hit, it often results in a stagger

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

you can parry one sword with two swords, but you can't parry two swords with one sword :getin:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

margit, or was that morgott? mogh? marika? malenia? maliketh? miquella? ...melina?
radahn radagon ranni? at least rykard gets a y
godwyn, godrick, godfrey, perhaps a godskin

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

MrQueasy posted:

Beat Godrick the Grafted and immediately got lost trying to figure out the layout of Liurnia of the lakes.

best thing to do in a new area is to find the map. usually it will be on a main road and indicated in the darkened area of your world map with a little glowing tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

MrQueasy posted:

I’ve found 3 liurnia maps at this point. I just don’t want to fight the glintstone dragon so I’m off knocking over hornets nests all over the map

technically you don't need to beat it, you just need to grab the thing it is guarding. see post above. but yeah it's good to explore, not trying to rush you :shobon: