Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

the frog is named Frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Fool posted:

wilds is the good one

it depends on how much you like fallout

in spaaaaace

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
vs is like the slimy hand reaching out from a pond to pull you under

similarly project lazarus is not bad

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

oh man seeing this all over office depot back in the day

computers good?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

KidDynamite posted:

thank you and also drat you to whoever mentioned vampire survivors. that game is like crack to my lizard brain.

it is so good

if you get tired of it or need something else like it, the VS thread recommended (and i enjoy) Project Lazarus on Steam

it's like VS but with mechs, and more bullet hell

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

what the heck? origins has one of the most varied and interesting environments of any outside game

yeah but if you don't get out of bayek country you never learn this :eng99:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I bought the FFX soundtrack and do not regret my decision.

it has a good sound

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I meant to intentionally misspell that as steam dick but autocorrect keeps changing it to steam duck.

as someone who doesn't follow "adult" games on steam i'd still be interested in hearing about any dicks valve will be releasing

would gaben show up at your house with an IoT weiner if you pre-order? asking for myself

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I hate the MCU dialogue that has become really popular so loving much.

i'm sure we're all very sorry but THAT JUST HAPPENED

re: that game ad, i was just thinking that it might have more popular appeal than the moody grumblings of a god of war

better the silence of the tarnished really

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I had this playing in a separate window to see all the different versions while I was doing some writing, and bless the SHARP MZ-700 for trying its best :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSeWNOr1Ac&t=1094s
^^Timestamped

lol I just put the video on my ipad fullscreen and stood it at the other end of the house, it works better at a distance :o:

just envisioning you playing this on a full size cabinet

milk crate seat mounted on a gimbal, emblazoned with the 53G4 logo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
there's visual hints for what weapons and items evolve together now too so that's nice

in VS

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ciaphas posted:

ain't jumping anywhere, either

with that loadout i hope not

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy posted:

someone uploaded a Spider-Man Remastered mod to nexus mods that replaced rainbow pride flags with standard American flags.

nexus banned the account and the mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14733

I say good on ‘em.

owns

now i won't feel bad for getting premium next time the skyrim monkey gets on my back

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy posted:

I'm playing my first run of Super Metroid & A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer and the hookshot was in Hookshot Cave. :mad:

that is one of the few gdqs i really enjoyed and there was a lot of infuriating stuff in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujsW7yFkZU

the messed up locations hamstrung them several times

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
been playing some dismantle but it's squarely where diablo lites meet trashy zombie builders

it's just so satisfying going around with a crowbar and wrecking up the place to make newer better crowbars

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Twerk from Home posted:

AMD RX 6600 for ~$220, which they've hit repeatedly, or the 6600 XT for under $280.

bb had this bundled in a $700 16gb/1tb ryzen tower but the price went back up again to 2x that

it'll come down again though

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

dioxazine posted:

sometimes i have doubts that the majority of the pos have had carnal relations

some of us are vegetarians

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Roosevelt posted:

i just found out that wild horses will kick you like the football in Zelda botw. maybe I can use these bokoblin teeth to replace some of mine

i put a lot of effort into stealthing the jerks instead of just landing on them

wait til you find the giant horse

was surprised you can stable it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kuvo posted:

cjs: got real high and played hyper demon for 3 hours and now i can see behind me

i once played bejeweled or something emulated, maybe classic tetris while lying sideways on my bed high and my brain realigned my vision 90 degrees to the left so the pieces could fall vertically again

that was worrisome

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jabor posted:

there was an experiment where people wore some hosed-up glasses to flip their vision upside down, and it turns out the brain is real good at adapting to that sort of thing

after taking the glasses off, they ended up seeing things upside down until their brain adapted back

yep we learned of but did not have to participate in this in some psych course

the old mirror box glasses were apparently quite huge too

e: it took days for most and often hours to days for it to flip back which is what concerned me with the 90 degree tilt

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kazinsal posted:

if this works I have two reasons to get into shape

(the other being that I’m cripplingly lonely holy fuckin poo poo)

you should find someone who likes you the way you are and get in shape

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
fallout: a tale of two wastelands is dece in theory in that you can use nv mods in dc and quick travel between the early areas of both once you reach a certain level

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
when fortnite was being played one espn5 at work i asked some kid what the appeal of the game was and he said one player flying a plane around and another building a tower to try to take it out

sounded legit

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

NoneMoreNegative posted:

You must visit Pephka when you are leveled for it (lvl26+ I think), by far my favourite part of the game - I don't want to spoil it but will just say 'Tourist Trap' :o:

i like the retelling of oedipus

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

PokeJoe posted:

that's a zepplin

blimpkin

it was on everyone’s tongue, im just unfurling it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kuvo posted:

cjs: rear end creed odyssey has a feature where if youre on your horse and have a waypoint set you can tell the horse to automatically take you to your destination. i missed a fast travel waypoint on the other side of the map so i turned on autopilot and went to the kitchen to grab something. i come back and find i have a 2star bounty cus apparently this horse hits more people than a tesla

lol

i never treated a tesla ihorse this way but love to hear it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
some people like forced slow travel (and self-inflicted) in open worlds like botw and rear end creed

ive not really heard of it in ER and far cries

i usually want to get to the point but there is definitely a mood to be enjoyed in such as botw where you just listen to the music and ride

it seems inflicted some times in rockstar games they just want you to give credit to artist/slaves where due

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that fast travel is bad (It's very good), but rather that it can emphasize how cookie-cutter things are (by allowing you to approach them outside of the context of the "geography" of the game world) and how unnecessary the "open world" part is (by allowing you to not engage with it)

And as you point out, if you throw in unsatisfying "normal" traversal, fast travel can ALSO often highlight how unsatisfying your normal traversal is. (See Spiderman for fast-travel highlighting the opposite, how awesome the default traversal is)

yeah a lot of people seemed to complain about ac:origins being Mediterranean villa with red or blue stripes and repeat and that was a fair criticism

big worlds get that sameness and repetitive quests of defeat the chief don’t help

just filler in an otherwise fun game

botw put some flavor in 4+ locales and gta and horse gta is pretty immersive in that it feels like the strip that exists in modern life and wildery plus human incursion like we imagine the west

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kuvo posted:

current rear end creed status: i killed a chicken and looted soft leather?

well don't sell us short

there's rear end creed white power movement, kat petting edition

i'm this close to either loading my steam perfectly paid for origins or the bundled linux iso with all extras but it makes me want to pay up for a new desktop to run it again in 1550px 8k frames and not melt my stupid gamer laptop

stupid intel releasing new chip set and nvidia likewise and i need a screaming deal

origins 4 lyfe though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZG_PFZh-HQ

i just love Kassandra

and eivor

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kuvo posted:

playing though rear end creed odyssey right now just makes me appreciate how good the dialog and VO performance was in witcher 3. both games do the fully voice acted dialog during their ingame cutscenes but AC:Os feel really stilted and disconnected, and sometimes the direction is just flat out wrong for the tone that the quest is going for. by contrast the witchers dialog always felt really natural and you could tell there was some rapport between the VOs.

you're going to make me cum put a coin in

i wrongly felt obligated to play witcher 1 & 2 before 3

and just dabbled in 3 didn't really give it a swing

it's like saying yeah i was gonna get in to GTA but i didn't play 1&2, afaik

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy posted:

the witcher 3 first area objectively sucks though. gently caress that gryphon or whatever.

i liked the well scene, that may have been earlier or later

just scratched the surface

and getting to know the townspeople and realizing this is very much an Asian/eastern European mythos

e: just the ux was different enough that it made me feel like i'm in Latvia or w/e

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Vintersorg posted:

drat, that was a good release

Portal was ... imo ... revolutionary. like, what a perfect game

im such a nerd i have the song on my phone

err and the portal 2 song i think

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

Orange Box Peggle Crew checkin in

thanks for reminding me of ptsd with ode to joy characteristics

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

half life 2 was great, but i gotta agree tbh.

i've never understood the people who are like "omg i quit hl2 when it was just all a hovercraft ride." yeah that part of the game overstays its welcome, but it's also like an hour or two in. you missed eighty percent of the game if you gave up then. what's wrong with you

i had fun with that part and then got kind of frustrated with le epic head crabs

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i was playing it like diablo 2 or resident evil

item management

the spooky headcrabs and zombos where spooky but i felt like health items and ammunition was the point and i couldn't just go full auto

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Vintersorg posted:

i knew i was in the future when i could pick up a can, throw it at the guard and he would smack me

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Achmed Jones posted:

wait what

this is the first i've heard of this. i thought linux was still way behind windows in terms of available games

wine exists

e: quietly beaten

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Achmed Jones posted:

no poo poo it exists. wine has existed for thirty years at this point. wine being a general-purpose solution for gaming is a very different thing from "it's possible to get mostly-acceptable performance on select titles if you spend hours loving with it," which is what i'm talking about

sorry, yeah

to be fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19B7lTgwCE

i spend more time optimizing games than i do playing them

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

akadajet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IwCIIdjmis
$1500
"1-2 hours" battery life
same resolution as the $400 rift
full facial interface is $50 extra, and doesn't ship until a month afterwards
neat controllers and lenses, but woof. that price

that's a big who cares

have you seen meta from the inside?

because it's rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
no offense to zuck's genius but what's your use case?