Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

found a nice cycle in rimworld of requesting trading caravans, half slaughter, half capture them, then immediately fix the hostility by transport poding back the survivors along with a dozen or so guinea pigs

managed to launch my first ship. it was a pain to build a symmetrical ship with 15 caskets, so when I was ready to set off, I loaded up 14 and sent the obnoxious pacifist altruist on a walk to a hostile settlement with no food or defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

is there a down side to keeping your barn at freezer temps? i store all my hay there and if it's frozen, animals still eat it but it never decays

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

RokosCockatrice posted:

also dogs. always get any dogs you can- they can be trained to haul which is amazingly useful.

how does this mechanic work?

i had a bunch of megasloths trained for hauling in my last game, but they never seemed to actually do any hauling for me

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

nevermind.

it just dawned on me that the megasloths weren't allowed inside buildings -- where all my stockpile zones were

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

The Fool posted:

c series x s: of the games that I've tried so far cyberpunk and no mans sky have shown the biggest difference between the og xbox and the series x

reinstalling elden ring now

i'd like to see cyberpunk on an og xbox....

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i'm teetering between either a gpd win max 2 or a gpd win 4. either one should handily kick the steamdeck's rear end.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

hard to say. the max 2 ships in november, so the win 4 will probably be a few months after.

honestly i think i prefer the clamshell formfactor of the max 2 anyway. it's just pretty big

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

goldeneye coming to switch :fap:

no good can come of this

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

they'll gently caress up remote and prox mines in the remaster. they'll just fall through the floor or some other stupid poo poo.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

The Fool posted:

there's an oled switch but afaik the rest of the hardware is the same

doesn't the oled one use the same new soc as the switch lite?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

looks like a psx game on meth

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

the number of people selling steam decks on sa-mart makes me really glad i didn't get one

i'm looking forward to getting bored with and selling the gpd win 4 that hasn't shipped yet

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

thermals have to be insane

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i was really happy with both the original win and the win 2. the win 2 did have a hinge issue, but that was mostly from taking drop while open.

the xd always felt like it was a buget device even compared to the rest of gpd's lineup

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

fortnite was fun when it had airplanes. i haven't played in a few years, so no clue what the current gimmicks are

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

how is super mario rpg not on this list yet

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i just love that super mario rpg shipped with a second snes cpu on the cartridge, clocked faster than the system cpu

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

yeah, i mean superfx was one thing -- it was still a basically a gpu to the snes's main cpu

the sa-1 in mario rpg was a whole other beast though. it was literally an snes cpu running at over twice the clock speed as the main cpu, and both chips could interrupt each other

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i think mario rpg is the only snes game i had that wasn't a christmas or birthday gift. i worked my 12 year old rear end off for a summer helping my grandfather gut and renovate a mobile home in exchange for that game.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

gas station simulator is turning out to be a surprising time sink

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

I disagree

yeah, you've already lost the latency war if you're trying to proxy all game traffic through your server

you also end up with stupid assumptions that enable mitm schenanigans that way.

use your central server to facilitate key exchange and verification for your users, but don't try to get it to handle every bit

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

x on the vertical axis or gtfo

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I bought the RimWorld expansion and you can make vampires

god dammit

i was trying to hold off at least a month or two on buying this poo poo

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

they really jump into the biotech mechanics quick. started a colony and before the end of the first day one of my crash landers was knocked up

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

tey killed off vlad huh?

fun fact: vlad is short for vladislav, not vladimir. vladimir shortens to volodya or vova

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

fried food boss fights

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

key can likely be revoked in future game releases

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

The Fool posted:

I got a pair of sn30 pro's for emulation gaming and they are basically perfect

sn30 comes drat close, but the sn30 pro is perfection. my hands hurt too much after using the plain sn30 for a couple hours.

sn30 pro 2, unfortunately ends up being a downgrade -- underside macro buttons just don't have a good feel to them and you constantly accidentally press them

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dioxazine posted:

a good 30% of my rimworld mods still aren't updated.. mostly the vanilla expanded category

waiting patiently..

common sense is pretty much the only mod i ended up playing with pre update, and it feels like it isn't needed any longer? seems like my colonists are doing a better job of keeping poo poo clean in vanilla

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

well i know what i'm playing on my next flight

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

yyyyup. i'm out another :10bux::10bux:

thanks Ciaphas

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

gently caress yall really makin me wanna play rimworld. but i _already_ have a job, and all my computers with keyboards attached are macs

rimworld runs on mac

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

the other two send ever-escalating events at you to eventually get you dead, but Randy Random is just that

phoebe seems to stay pretty loving chill on my last playthrough. i didn't feel any pressure through launching a ship.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

a feat by their team....

i'd wager activision's entire contribution to the "feat" was paying someone else to sort out how to put annoying poo poo in the sky

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Lysidas posted:

not the first time an age-related condition has happened, got some bad backs, hearing loss, and cataracts, but easy enough to fix those with bionic/archotech parts, "frail" hit me differently and made me realize these colonists deserve better than to die of old age on this planet

colonist grows frail, so instead of letting them live out their days in an established colony (where they've likely lived the majority of their waking life), you freeze them and send them into space, so they can crash land on another planet and die while trying to establish a new foothold.

you're fuckin evil

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

ok, where do i sign up to die in this colony?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i didn't realize colonists could die of chemical dependency. they usually snapped and did something to destroy the colony before getting that bad off.

how do you break chemical dependence?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

susan b buffering posted:

the steelseries' arctis lineup is pretty decent imo and has a bunch of options at different price points. i haven't tried the cheaper ones but the midrange one i bought a couple years ago is need-suiting

i used to love them, but the shift to non-removable batteries pisses me off.

they used to ship with two batteries, so you could always have one charging and one in the headset.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i got about 4 years out of my first pair with the swappable battery before i broke them by dropping them. the pair i replace them with was a major step backward and broke within 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i like the prison architect graphics...

i also kinda like prison architect