Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I just finished playing Cuphead. It was very entertaining and good to pick up for a half hour in between meetings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The iOS Alto games are really relaxing and mindless. Recommended if you have an iPad.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I played Cuphead a while ago and it was really good. After I finished I looked around at other run-and-gun games, but I really just wanted more Cuphead so I decided to go through NG+. Then I finished that and I wanted more so I decided to go for perfect scores on every level. Now I'm done with that and I still need more Cuphead so I'm sitting here hand editing MSIL to hack in new game modes for myself and it's working and it's great.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

at least in my experience the only game that you really interact with others much in on the Switch is overwatch or that paint shoot game and I’m pretty sure neither allow you to type words in it and I’d be surprised if either have voice comms

my kids are going to hate having a nerd for a dad who is going to have their technology locked down tighter than ft knox

I think Fortnite has voice chat and that seems like it would be a mess.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

if you like cuphead you should play metal slug. just make sure you get the good ports (i remember some ports drop fps or have missing animation frames).

This is a good idea it's been a long time since I played the Metal Slug games.

I'm going to finish the Cuphead mod first though.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ShadowHawk posted:

Considering buying a bunch of Quest 2s as christmas presents

and to get more VR friends

Make sure you get a nice storage case for them because that’s where it will be most of the time.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
It is really lovely to have such an inflexible work schedule.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lately ive just been playing simple, calming classic games: railroads!, sim city 3000, a little cnc3. would love more recommendations in this vein.

For “simple, calming”, you want Stardew Valley.

The Alto games on iOS are also nice and relaxing.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Unless posted:

oof, nothing’s clicking

I love the freedom of choice of open world games, haven’t been impressed with the content of horizon, rdr2... cyberpunk is actually pretty good, I’m thinking about Arkham City... Mad Max is pretty rad.

I’mma call family for Christmas and take a chill day with some of the chill games from the thread.

Breath of the Wild?

The Arkham games are various levels of good but I forget which is which.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

i got back into botw this week, when i first bought it last year i really bounced off it, didn't even get off the starting area

man this game is great. i'm really bad at it and i haven't gotten far in the story at all, but i don't think any game makes loving around and finding out so much fun

Breath of the Wild is what I actually wanted to be playing while I played Skyrim. It’s great.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
When they decided to release it for Switch they gave themselves an extra year on an almost finished game and I always wondered how much extra fit and finish they got done during that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mr. Crow posted:

im so bad at this

What happens do your hands just start compulsively playing along?