Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i love a silent takedown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

9 was the only one I ever managed to play more than a little bit of and twice I played to nearly the end and then stopped

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i remember playing a multiplayer slideshow of quake on a 28k modem and it blew my loving mind as a kid

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I was going to a friend's wedding and there were some extremely stereotypical clouds

I miss going places

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/cirnoplusplus/status/1354461739115450374

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

when your character shows up in a cutscene

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i barely remember anything about that game. were you an author shining a flashlight at stuff?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Silver Alicorn posted:

my 4k was the first TV I ever bought. I didn't own a TV in my 20s

same. i had none for a while till a friend gave me a 720p one. then another friend gave me a 1080p one that went yellow so i replaced it with a new 4k one last year

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cyberpunk is fine but it doesn't really stand out in it's genre compared to witcher. watch dogs 2 was more fun

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

subnautica below zero 1.0 scheduled to come out may 14. this has been taking goddamn forever

i got this early access and only played it once before remembering that I hate early access and just wanted to wait till it was done

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

himcopter, where every day is friday the 13th

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got the viking game too and it's pretty fun so far

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i started playing disco elysium last night

it’s *really* good. like ‘oh yeah this was clearly goty the moment it came out and i’m only a few hours in’ good

everything about it is perfect. the art. the unique play mechanics. the writing. the alternate world that feels familiar enough to not be alien but is different enough to make the whole amnesia thing work perfectly. it’s incredible

i had fun with this game but I softlocked it twice and had to edit my save file both times. I found some post on the steam forums from a dev saying there was no other way to progress from how I ended up

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

same but "return of the obra dinn"

yeah that game was fun + cool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i played subnautica fully stock and had a great time, and i usually find survival mechanics annoying. i only wish it had multiplayer because it would have been great to play through with the gf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

i knew a guy whose nickname was hatchet. he earned it because he decided he was going to go live in the woods as a survivalist. on the very first night out there, he heard a noise and ran back to town. when they found his tent there was a sleeping bag and a copy of hatchet inside.

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I liked outer worlds enough to finish it but it was pretty mediocre compared to F:NV. I did like the science weapons though and the story gimmick where your created character was yanked from a stasis pod was kind of fun

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:xcom:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i have not had xcom

its a lot of fun

https://giant.gfycat.com/SpanishBlankCanary.webm

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the rng is what makes my favorite rts, company of heroes, both extremely frustrating and extremely fun

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm jame and I'm here to game.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hell yeah, I loved that alien blaster. i had a similar experience the very first time I played binding of isaac on my friends computer. I found the "epic fetus" item that gives you unlimited missiles and then i finished a complete run. then I bought the game myself and never managed to get to the end even once lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same, I bought it EA and dicked around a little before they had the truck or w/e and then never played it or looked at any media about it at all. ready 2 subnautica

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Well fellow jamers, I started playing the new subnautica since I figured the launch trailer meant it was done being early access. Haven't touched it in 2 years and it starts totally different than it used to. It's pretty fun so far :coolfish:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i cant play factorio when i have a programming job cuz its literally playing around w a visual programming language effectively

yeah I played it a lot when I was unemployed but it just feels like work now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yospos James thread: snake, have you ever used a bidet?

graph please

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bidetonetta

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

xcom

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i want the cyclops :mad:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's pretty fun but the on land parts are not as good as the underwater parts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

vidya james

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Corla Plankun posted:

anyone got a good rec for a game i can play while listening to podcasts?

im way behind on a lot of poo poo i like because i don't have a commute anymore, but all of the games I play require a lot of reading so I can't keep up with the 'cast while i'm playing

previous games I've played that worked were Albion and Genshin Impact but I've put them both down permanently because i got annoyed with them after doing all the fun stuff

rimworld

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Battlefield is fun but some of them take too much from call of duty. I like the big maps and stupid vehicles

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yes they suck bigly

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

They should have merged some tools together for late game. Make me a repair tool with a laser cutter built in. The scan tool can include waypoint markers and a flashlight. I never used the mineral detector, the flashlight, the breadcrumber, the physics thing or the teleport tool. I didn't mind lugging all that stuff around in the cyclops but the seatruck is far more limited and even with the cargo module it still can't haul poo poo.

It felt more like an expansion than a sequel. I did use the snow fox but it wasn't fun to drive and I just wanted the on land parts to be over. I also never found the avalanched base until the breadcrumb at the end of the game led me there even though you started the game there originally in early access. I spent less time discovering stuff and more time hopping between waypoints than the first game, even though there was less space to explore in general. It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't near as fun as the original.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

try to cram the cyclops in there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I liked it. I actually downloaded it again recently to give it another play. It's nothing super amazing but it's an alright time killer.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I should get back to disco Elysium, I'm stuck in a part where I think im soft locked and need to edit my stats :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i always thought pokemon could use some shooting mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i've never played dungeon keeper, it looks fun. i've been thinking about "evil genius" lately which is like an austin powers villain simulator

oh poo poo they made a sequel tha tjust came out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-VbYMb_YI