Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ok fine, i can accept that joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dude i wish, they took away my fry's too

starting to sound like you're being personally targeted by big hardware

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bugs aside, i think wartales is definitely worth getting. i've sunk about 80 hours into it so far

the only thing i'm not too keen on is level requirements for equipment, but i understand why it exists since everything scales towards your party

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

valheim?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

chedck out rimworld

:hmmyes: definitely do this, jwep

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the sequel wasn't as good, i have heard.. but i've only played the original

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fully automated..

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i really liked dragonfall and hong kong

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

outer wilds is the better outer game

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

capitalism bad

i support quiggy now

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think the yoscolony may have expanded too fast. How do you all handle the food situation in rimworld? I feel like i'm constantly on the edge of having little to no food at all points in time.

try communism op

real answer: you should also try foraging if you have berry bushes and take a look at grow times/nutrition for your plants. you generally want 2x plots of rice to anything that takes 1.5 times longer. as a rule of thumb, having one corn plot to three other plots makes it easier. so 2 rice, 1 potato, 1 corn should handle early game stuff pretty well

dioxazine fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 8, 2023

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

control is very amazing and good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

someone cast raise dead on sagebrush, quick!

we have 5,000gp worth of diamond dust somewhere i'm sure

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm only aware of fanatical and GMG as humble competitors, at least in the west

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

known computer-hater Achmed Jones, will consent to touching a computer in my free time

rimworld?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

being able to kill drizzt in BG1 made it all worth it. take that salvatore

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm playing video games this morning

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

almost killed the colony because i mismicro'd in a fight vs a pack of manhunting rats

opps

i hope you have a good name for the battle to be memorialised in history

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's great for 20 hours or so! lots of fun

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i always played mage in bg1 and 2. it was really bad in 1, because a gibberling could kill you in one hit, or you'd die tripping over a cup

2 was a lot easier for me since you started the game at level 7, i believe

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just get this guy to cast spells and the game will be ez

xzar rules, but xan is the yospos mascot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6tOXPghCA

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

contingency is an all time spell, right next to mordenkainen's magical watchdog

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bg3 is ok. some things are Extremely Larian such as high strength allowing you to super jump onto roofs. level 5 is currently the cap, but elemental reactions in the spells make for all of the horror that you would want

i am also still playing a mage

jesus WEP posted:

i’ve been taking piano lessons for about 7 or 8 months and it’s very good to step away from stem bullshit for sure. i paint minis sometimes too but i find it harder to get started with that, piano i can just sit down and noodle for 5 minutes

i've not touched a piano in ages, but i also don't have room for one :negative:

i hope you have fun with learning that the M in STEM stands for musical!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

barotrauma 1.0 was released this morning it seems

can't wait to die horribly with my mates, it's been about a year since we played last waiting for three content patches. hope the campaign ending is a lot of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pau93Z-46GQ

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hifi rush is incredible

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

now answer my question:

should I pick up one of the pathfinder games and if so which one

i enjoyed kingmaker's companions and personalities more than wotr's, but if you want a heroic epic with somewhat crappy army management over a somewhat crappy kingdom building simulator, wotr will slake that thirst.

i will say that the kickstarter backer quest is extremely out of place and unfun to play through

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

the best rpg system is objectively Nobilis, followed by whatever the most itch.io game of the moment is. (I recommend “You Are Quarantined With Adam Driver And He Is Insisting On Reading You His New Script” or “Jonathan Frakes Wants Your Attention, And You Must Not Give It To Him”

i'm a fan of ICON (in playtest right now, free on itch.io), same designer as Lancer and also the k6bd person. fairly blades in the darkesque

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the one complaint that i have about the mythic paths is that they feel very alignment locked. especially since there's no archmage mythic and a single path for arcane spellcasters in terms of thematic progression

maybe that's changed with DLC, but i don't know

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

that reminds me that i still need to finish bloodstained: ritual of the night.. someday

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

does it actually run pathfinder under the hood

kind of, it's definitely more loyal to the source material than bg3 is, whatever that is worth to you

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i have this via ps+. i should take another crack at it sometime

another dad lost in space..

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

just got done with the Korsica fight

:allears:

i enjoyed this fight very much

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wildfire, last call bbs, firework, railbound, midnight fight express, and sailing era are my grab bag of recommendations

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

timberborn is good, one of the better city builders.. but it's no rimworld

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

which pathfinder did you settle on, anyway?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

rimworld is a dwarf clone :colbert:

good!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i guess that's pretty close to accurate..

The Fool posted:

the newer demon crusade one, mostly because I figured it would have better qol features etc

I've never played anything with pathfinder rules before and it's definitely got this weird uncanny valley thing going on vs d&d

yeah! i got that too starting kingmaker, though not to the same degree since i've only briefly touched on 4E and 5E

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hades was fun and a wonderful game, i think i'm still not done with it in regards to new dialogue

watching the misogynists melt down about hades 2 is almost as fun

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

if you like fights that feel like a dance then may i suggest the critically-acclaimed mmorpg final fantasy xiv,

:mad:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i never finished FF7, i got annoyed during golden saucer and never went back. i suppose to be entirely fair, i've not finished a final fantasy game after tactics which was the pinnacle of the series

i did play ffxi though for a little while and i'll never forgive valkurm desert or windurst for their crimes

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wizardry 7 had some fun voice acting! especially for the silly evil voices

someone sent me this and said it was a really impressive ffxiv dungeon thing, but i don't get it at all so just nodded along. maybe one of you will get a kick out of it?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B934ZCPTXq4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ive played every final fantasy and theyre all good

i thought you were playing rimworld