Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you know what you're getting with those names, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

more than a few people are named after generational poems, some also have their names shared from stories. it's pretty fun!

dioxazine fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 21, 2023

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

don't look down on fazermints

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

yeah probably!

tick rate in apex is already fairly high relatively speaking, though i've not played since season 10

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Shaggar posted:

i havent played in a while either, but it is far and away the best battle royale and feels so freaking good.

that, really, is the tragedy of PUBG

but yes, apex is probably the best BR out there and the movement is just so smooth

i also quite liked TF2 prior to hats

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i quite enjoy barotrauma with the lads and virtual tabletop games with my old group. that said, i will never turn on voice if i have to use matchmaker for any game

i did keep voice on while playing TF2 on the lost continents, but that was also because i could pick the server that i was playing on

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it looked all right. they had to do a few passes over it since there was no incentive to play it at first from what i understand

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

while true, pretty much every online game that can't be privately hosted has been incentivised and people have been conditioned to expect that

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i started a new starsector game instead of giving in to the temptation of buying a new space game

phew!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

same on all of these posts, just :yossame:

play rimworld!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm inclined to believe achmed jones' story over 3D megadoodoo's if only because it sounds much cooler. so that's what happened, it's canon now

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fabled lands seems kind of interesting. sort of in the vein of roadwarden if i'm reading the description right

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

eastward did look pretty neat. for pixel games, i was messing around with Anno: Mutationem for the most part

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

path of exile is quite good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol if the diablo 1 village music doesn't play in your head when you think of diablo

getting high as gently caress and playing diablo 1 with headphones in the dark is so good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

gently caress this bartz poo poo.

that's right

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

railbound is a pretty cute game as well

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

just started on timelie and it's pretty cute and simple, but i am way too tired to use my brain right now

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

finally!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hmm, maybe i should finally pick NMS up

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

torches doubling as a weapons in games always make me smile

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

drilling down to an exact science of silliness, i see

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i have a 1070 and literally only play old crpgs and indie games

i need to make a new, modern build so that i can play rimworld more efficiently

joking aside, it does feel like all i do is play indie games

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've not heard of his new project, but am now interested in it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

V Rising is having a new biome thingy in their free expansion on 17 may, looking forward to getting together with my small group again and being a murderous vampire

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

simply more proof that you can never have enough garlic

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bump_fn posted:

lol if ff5 emulation wasn't wehre you first learned that many early snes emulators couldnt do transparent layers, and so you had to specificalyl turn off the fog layer in teh ghost ship

drat it! good times

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

did you mean, "buy amd"?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

just ran the first two levels of the new desktop dungeons over my morning coffee. desktop dungeons is back, baby

i nabbed it while it was free, but haven't had a chance to look/go through it at all. noticed there's one labelled "rewind" as well

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

oh, i see! i haven't really been playing much this past week or three

but since it's friday, i think i can get away with playing games at work

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well, it is friday

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think hades was the last one that i truly enjoyed. does that count?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

FTL is the bomb diggy but I have a hard time returning to it. i really played the poo poo out of it like 10 years ago

speaking of space games, introversion (darwinia, uplink) is making a new one called the last starship. kind of looking forward to this

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

starsector is really good and fun. i always murder tri-tachyon though

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

tangledeep is also goon made, i think? it's been a long time since i last played it, but it was fun

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

also is anyone playing/has played project zomboid?

i avoid zombie stuff* but a friend is playing and is unresponsive

zomboid is fun with friends, but i find survival games somewhat lonely without them. that said, it's still fairly clunky and there's supposed to be a major update pending.. no ETA on that. probably worth waiting on a sale

you can tweak the insanely slow skill gain in either server settings or with mods, seeing how one death basically sets you back square to nothing. that said, once you're decently equipped and have done the supply and farm journey, the game sort of stalls out as the zombies don't really increase in difficulty at the moment

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

you can do whatever you want in rimworld. thats the beauty of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYhWj79Aubo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

some years ago i basically accepted that i can't do fighting games anymore outside of fighting the CPU

i've gotten so bad since kof 02. i mostly blame being made of meat

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think its time for a yearly sdv farm restart

this is also possible in rimworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i would be willing to do yos minecraft or terraria or something along those lines