Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I like to play animal crossing and little Jones likes to play Mario kart. we both like Mario maker.

I am really excited to play streets of rage 4 but haven't had a time when I was feeling like playing a regular video game in a long time

I also like subnautica for ps4. I was excited when an update wiped my save cause it meant I had a good reason to start over with hunger and thirst disabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

ive yet to have my first play. why hunger and thirst off? should i play with or without

in the first play through I was always trying to find stuff to make bleach to purify water and it was lame cause making progress was rough. I think they may have re-jiggered drop rates though cause on the second play through it'd probably be fine if I had hunger/thirst on tbh. but I'm more into exploration than survival. imo you should probably go with it turned on and see how it suits you since the devs' intended playstyle

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

is vr still cool if you don't have depth perception? I'd imagine yes but it's less breathtaking when the 3d stuff doesn't matter?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I don't. close one eye. that's what it's like for me all the time. we can argue about the semantics of whether inferring distance from relative size or whatever counts as "depth perception" but I had it back for a couple weeks in grad school before my brain noped out again and it's very much not the same 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I was super stoked for streets of rage 4 but it's just ok

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I had a menacer, which was the same thing for genesis. man, _nothing_ used that thing beyond the included games, which was a shame because it was awesome

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I did not much care for fallout 4 but I very much enjoyed putting doggles and a bandana on my dog

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you can also turn off food+water or all 3

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

I don't mind air or hunger but the thirst timer seemed to be custom-fitted to bug the poo poo out of me. I kept hoping to find a stillsuit pisscycler blueprint right up until I beat the game

:yossame: except I didn't beat the game

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

are there still dumb robots that attack you in no mans sky?I kinda wanna just putz around in space and mining on planets and not engage with the combat mechanics because they are bad. alternate question: is combat non-terrible now?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

did I hear somebody talking poo poo about burnout paradise? cause it's great

except that the competitor cars respawn right behind you and don't even approach obeying the physics that control your car, that part kinda sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tangledeep is really fun so far. dunno if it has enough depth to stay interesting but I like it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that sounds so terrible. I don't understand how that is fun at all. but I am glad of people like it don't get me wrong

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what's wrong with "kompromat"? I only heard it when folks were talking about russia having it on trump re: the piss tape

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little Jones and I took turns playing untitled goose game over the weekend. it was fun and we're looking forward to the patch that adds multiplayer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's cause of raiders, they gently caress everything up

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

the new x-wing game

WHAT?! this is good news

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what makes epic worse than any other digital game store? the whole spat with Apple is dumb but people have hated epic for a long time and I don't really get why

note that i haven't played computer games on the regular since well before the epic store existed so I'm pretty out of the loop

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whoa I haven't thought about the bird and the bee for a long time. nice.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I wish I'd bought a Steam Controller when they were offloading then for a pittance.

i got one, it was $5 (including shipping i think). it sucked pretty bad tbh. you're way better off with a xbox/playstation/switch controller

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you forgot about streets of rage 2

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

realtalk get them a switch (bonus: sonic and streets of rage at least are on it)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

i did not

then you are a SCOUNDREL

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shaggar posted:

i bought ... early access

well that was a bad idea

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

abigserve posted:

like when i say dogshit I mean in the last trailer they had the most cliche mexican gang appear and the first word is just PUUTTAAAAAAAA

dangit that's disappointing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm disappointed by civilization generally

oh this is the video games thread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eve should be awesome but it's not :(

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah that's p accurate

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao people always say that about eve, but even when you understand it and are Making a Difference it's still boring a f

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

should've gone with aristotle tbh. it kinda works for middle way too but it's a bit more of a stretch. but it worked ok

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

except for eve the golden mean is none, none at all. it's like loving corpses*: the right amount is zero

*fine this is platos example not aristotles and it wasn't about moderation but shut up it's funny and weird that corpse-loving has ever been a topic of discussion in philosophy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eve: a game so bad that the meta game is all that's left

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

man I really hope disco elysium comes to switch. I wanna play it handheld

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gently caress yeah! thanks for the info!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

listening to the hypnospace outlaw soundtrack now. it's pretty good but not blowing my mind, which is probably appropriate for a game soundtrack

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bushido blade 2 was extremely my poo poo back in the day. I'd love a new bushido blade

there have been some cheapo indie sword games with more or less own-hit-kills (or injures), but nothing polished

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

if you have a ps4 get ghost of tsushima and play it on high difficulty

that sounds hard though and I'm bad at video games

realtalk, thanks for the tip! I wanna get that, but it's hard to get violent PS4 games because the time where I can play them is so limited (I don't really want little jones to see people getting stabbed or w/e).

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

poo poo I might have to get a windows computer (also thank you)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

abigserve posted:

I've never been able to keep it up long enough for a full playthrough

O_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

how do the need for speed games compare with burnout paradise?