Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

qirex posted:

garage is just weaksauce d&b *runs for cover*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_KD9UhdCE&feature=youtu.be&t=1403

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

when I get two days off in a row I like to do things like read a book from cover to cover

this year, with no traveling for thanksgiving, I took four days off and played the outer worlds and disco elysium

both were great, but disco elysium was “god drat I learned new poo poo about myself” good and its writing is hilarious and deep

stoked to play it again with all the new stuff they’re going to add for everyone but wtf that $250 collectors edition goddamn

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

oof, nothing’s clicking

I love the freedom of choice of open world games, haven’t been impressed with the content of horizon, rdr2... cyberpunk is actually pretty good, I’m thinking about Arkham City... Mad Max is pretty rad.

I’mma call family for Christmas and take a chill day with some of the chill games from the thread.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you're looking for a multiplayer one, animal crossing new horizons is pretty fun when you play with a bunch of people.

did they fix the wack af folks coming to and leaving the island thing?

“Shaggar” posted:

factorio and hardspace

:hellyeah: hardspace, told myself I’d get it on sale and forgot, thx shaggar

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

RustyKnight posted:

I tried cloudpunk thinking it will be a chill game but it end up hitting me with sad stories and anxiety, great cyberpunk game imo

I mean I keep thinking this next cyberpunk story is going to have a neat answer to the world we live, in but it’s always “consciousness connection is realer and more important than digital” this and “you should use the master’s tools against him” that

hardspace: shipbreaker in open space is perfect for me today

Shaggar’d again

thxoxoxo

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Are you talking about the npcs like the fishing otter and the art fox? There is a weekly rotation to which they visit the island.

no the online arrival and departure of other people. Whenever someone opens up their island for good turnip prices you can take maybe ten steps before the dodo and airplane cutscene plays

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

RustyKnight posted:

I tried cloudpunk thinking it will be a chill game but it end up hitting me with sad stories and anxiety, great cyberpunk game imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NtXvdcUJA

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

shipbreaker is dooooooooooope

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

jesus WEP posted:

there's another switch you're forgetting and it's the blade you pull on your landlord in minecraft

2020 sure was something

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

having high school students/interns gives me an excuse to upgrade components as we hack our way into getting them computers that aren’t chromebooks and android tablets. s’not like anyone but olds are buying full size desktops, and integrated gpus in budget laptops are wack until the ryzen/vega 3xxx series. my best one just upgraded past a 2008 hp slimline hand-me-down this Christmas, and watching his mind blow as he built a last-gen desktop has pushed him through prozac medicated catatonic depression and he’s studying to his first certs

he literally started shaking when I lent him my rx 580 today

in short, real world sux when ur young, games help escape the disempowerment, I want a 3070 so these little assholes don’t start getting uppity

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

I read a whole lot and I think it’s real interesting everyone talks about that part of the ending but no one talks about when you go to sleep in the bunker before the very end and find out your ex, and talk to, the living saint, Dolores Dei, in a dream. The writing is intentionally ambiguous to whether or not it’s literal isn’t important, but saying goodbye and making peace, or totally loving it up, kissing her, and being unmet while she leaves is some real killing-you-inside part. When you dig around in your evidence clipboard and find that note from “her” it ends the game and causes a heart attack. That you get to make peace with that, and for it to be in such proximity to the cryptid, I think is the more real embracing of one’s complex emotionality “how hard it must be to feel” thing, and then to be as far from something so rare in nature as from a literal saint that must leave you, as well, should speak volumes

That part got me the most

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Achmed Jones posted:

monster hunter rise is really fun yall

stabbing dinosaurs is cool. try it

my next hunt is a giant bunny monster that throws snowballs. im gonna stab it with my sword and my dog will bite it and my cat will be a stupid useless cat idk

it’s so great. combat and gear progression are deep. hub world grows. multiplayer is seamless and pubbies do not suck.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

it makes the whole thing like watching kabuki theater which is p. great

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Fabricated posted:

Deathloop is pretty cool.

It's also insanely obvious that it's basically the Prey Mooncrash DLC made into an entire game with the rough edges filed off and applies every lesson Arkane learned from Dishonored 1/2 and Prey.

awesome. this’ll be the only time this year imma spend more than $20 on a game

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

AlbertFlasher posted:

Oh really? :( ppl really hyped honest hearts ( i think it's that one) as being this unbelievably well written game. Like best game ever sort of thing.

I mean… yeah.

Joshua Graham is up there as best written character in media.

The backstory of Caesar’s Legion being told by Joshua Graham, who’s experienced his own apocalypse, and mirrors the bitterness and anger of Caesar, has one of the best sins-of-the-father, break the cycle, kind of arcs is Great. And then it extends it by having a nuanced ending where righteous violence is valid… there aren’t many stories, anywhere, that have that kind of meditation.

It’s probably coming from a vaguely Christian background, but the interpretation of faith between Daniel and Joshua is pretty incredible.

And, you know, take drugs, kill a bear.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

stramit posted:

outer wilds expansion is now out. gonna give it a spin tonight.

oh hay stramit

I know what I’m doing tonight

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Truman Peyote posted:

i got deathloop and it seems cool but my video card just can't make it look very good. anyone have any tips on getting my hands on one of those rtx cards?

I got mine for MSRP by tagging the discord channels for what I wanted on the StockDrops Discord and click click clicking when I could pay attention. Took two days, I only spend a couple hours on my screens each day. Ended up with a 3070Ti from B&H.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Casual Encountess posted:

is there a barebones guide to satisfactory that isn't like explicit about "this is the optimal setup" in non youtube form?

im annoyed that in 2021 every guide for a game is a video now

same as with electronic pcb design: gotta learn bussing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AzkgCZhHq4

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i main’d it instead of catching covid yesterday, made it to flying and the panopticon, just beat the fridge-you-cannot-look-away-from astral plane boss

there’s a lot of cool psychedelic culture stuff and the powers feel so good to use

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

goblin week posted:

also good games don't become a "cult classic" they're just classic

cult classic = weren’t popular in their time but developed a committed audience since

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

handling family affairs, all I’ve got is a switch, have enough time to get sucked into fe:3h

next up, smt5

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

thread’s been a bit poo poo on jrpgs, but they’re totally working in the midst of mega deep family stress and sorrow

still dunno when the road home is gonna happen, but I’ve got P4G (persona 4 golden) and persona 5 waiting when I get there

triangle strategy and octopath traveler, too

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

biggest problem with three houses is the same as most fe games, which is that you need to get at least somewhat invested in a very vanilla fantasy plot where the driving (mostly implied good) force for pretty much everything is heredity.

yea, the aristocratic/supremacist stuff is always a turn off, so far it’s why I picked the Leicester Alliance on this first playthrough

I’m four months in and the schisming between the churches and the rebellion being squashed by the central church military has me thinking it’s going to be a stressor later on

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Casual Encountess posted:

i kind of had a mind blown moment the other day hanging out with my nephew. i picked him up from school for a half day and when we got home he immediately grabbed his switch and got on voice with his friends in fortnight.

the kid is 9. this poo poo is wild. he makes memes on his raspberry pi. he plays his switch games like the entire thing is warioware where hell do a couple pokemon fights, switch to zelda and beat a dungeon, switch over to mario kart for a race, and just generally flip somewhere else the minute he gets bored. its wild as hell to see

healthygamergg talks a lot about this without being a jordon peterson pos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXpcs_an80

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd2eoMby36k

The hollow knight people are working on a new game.

*shovel

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

they had a silly plan to release the sequels to hl2 as episodes and quit after the cliffhanger at the end of 2 and then retcon’d

relevant to the de discussion, xpost from cspam

https://twitter.com/CorgiHell/status/1492363716628652039

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm sure that mr evrart claire has the gun somewhere

just gotta keep an eye on his lazy eye