Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

jesus WEP posted:

outer wilds was spectacular, i wish i could erase it from my brain and play it all over again

same but "return of the obra dinn"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i started playing valheim with some pals, it's fun

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Ansible Adams posted:

managed to order a 3060 from best buy today. if it ever actually shows up i will be building my first computer in about 15 years. what open world rpg games should i play if i havent played a video game besides fallout 3 and skyrim in a long time. i want to play rdr2. is cyberpunk 2077 any good yet? seems like no.

also chess is fun.

i haven't played it personally but i think people who like open world rpgs like the witcher 3

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is out today on Xbox, PSstore and Switch, $20USD. Someone hasn't pressed the right button on Steam as of this moment, you can buy the OST and the Artbook, but not the actual game :mad:

i remember this game because it was made by one of the guys from bungie, but i don't actually remember the game itself

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

oblivion is the best elder scrolls game. it's actually playable (unlike morrowind) and the environment comes in colors other than white and brown (unlike skyrim)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i've been having a lot of fun playing valheim with pals. we're up to the point where we consistently have iron and we recently made a harpoon which we used to drag a sea serpent onto land for its meat and scales

this game seems like too much on your own but it's a blast with 3 or 4 people

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol Limmy has just gotten started with No Mans Sky and

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1384507680518066187
(sound on)

:eyepop:

this wimp was in motorhead?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i beat "kingsway" for the first time today, i needed a lot of potions

A Wheezy Steampunk fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 27, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

one of the people i play valheim with made it to the edge of the map and it turns out the world is flat so you get pulled over the edge and you lose all your stuff, stay away from the edge

A Wheezy Steampunk fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 3, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

you should probably put that in spoiler tags. i had this spoiled for me when the game first came out and i was pretty bummed about it. figuring this out was something i really wanted to do on my own

i added tags, thanks

A Wheezy Steampunk fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 3, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

TimWinter posted:

Playing Yogurt Commercial 3, an adventure/sandbox game that only tangentially has to do with yogurt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3dEhFHbUXg

Good spend at $10. tables set on fire: 1

holy poo poo

i remember playing the original yogurt commercial and "a day at work" from the same dev like 20 years ago on the mac

http://www.barfquestion.com/eb_site/eb_games.html

A Wheezy Steampunk fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 5, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

the only final fantasy game i've played is chrono trigger

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

The Fool posted:

halo, which was first one then the other

i don't know why this video is in two pieces on youtube so i uploaded it in one piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1i0qEsmXs

https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:Halo:_Combat_Evolved#Evolution_of_Halo_Part_1

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

haveblue posted:

marathon is good

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i know it's passe, but i still really like overwatch and i play it often. i like territory control as a mechanic more than straight elimination like in apex legends, fortnight, pubg, or similar. i never played tf2, so maybe that's why i haven't outgrown it like many others have

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

have you ever heard of battlefield op?

i have never played any of the battlefield games

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

overwatch is fun and not at all toxic

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I don't play MMOs etc (apart from my recent dabble with FO76) but while I knew people paid IRL cash for cosmetics (and PTW stuff), I didn't realise the actual amounts of money spent. $38k IRL real dollaroos for a pink dog companion :eyepop:

lol paying for cosmetics

(i don't even care enough to open the free ones)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

you are like little baby. i don't even care enough to play mmos

overwatch is not an mmo, it's a fun territory control shooter

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

overwatch is fun, but it's been awhile since i've played it. i should do that again!

it's very fun. i was super skeptical of role queue at first but it's the best improvement to the game so far and if you haven't played since they rolled that out a year or two ago, you should try it again

Kenny Logins posted:

it does not have a truly massive player base anymore but it is multiplayer and online (for now)

it mmo

the "massive" in mmo means you're interacting with a massive number of people at once, overwatch is 6v6

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

yes but those 12 people are each massive. checkmate

lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

pretty princess dressup is fairly important to a not insignificant amount of people

it was my favorite part of pubg and once they stopped putting shirts and pants in the world as gatherable items i lost interest in the game

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i just wouldn't want to pay real money for that privilege

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i like the overwatch skins, but would not pay money to get more

i genuinely like the "common" palette swaps of the plain skins more than the elaborate "rare" ones

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

it's more fun to take it off the bodies of your victims though

excellent point, i'm just not good enough at video games for this to be an option most of the time

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

you can pet dogs and boars in valheim

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Eeyo posted:

hmm sounds neat. maybe i’ll pick it up again, loved to play zenyatta.

can i like start over in my casual rating (or whatever it’s called)? i will steadfastly not play competitive, but it’s been so long that i would be effectively new to the game.

i don't think you'll need to start over. i'm not sure how they made the transition from having a single number for qp matchmaking rating to one for each role, but i assume it will adjust your score internally after a few games in each role

never play competitive

Eeyo posted:

like i think i quit before any of the new heroes got added.

if you like support try moira. sigma is a lot of fun if you like to tank

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i bought dorfromatik a few days ago and it's pretty fun. if you like the idea of a game based around placing carcassonne tiles and completing certain objectives (e.g. make a forest at least 6 tiles large) then you'll like this game, it's very chill

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

this looks very cool but very much like something I'd want to play on my phone or iPad

dioxazine posted:

this looks like a great game for a tablet, hope that happens.. especially when i get forced back into the office

i could see it working well on a tablet for sure

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i bought it anyway and it's pretty fun!

so i just want it on my ipad even more!

:yosnice:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

been playing rimworld again with my 96 mods or whatever. for some reason it always feels good going back to it

i really like rimworld. i have a mod that lets you set up guest beds for visitors and you can have a shop for them, smokeleaf sells real well

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion again lately and it's good. the graphics are nice and colourful, tons of flowers and nice green trees. the magic is better than skyrim, even a puny fireball sends an enemy ragdoll flying which is really satisfying

it's really worth going back to

oblivion is the best elder scrolls game

jesus WEP posted:

i liked that each town in oblivion had its own architectural style, i think skyrim went a bit backwards there where everything was either stone blocks or wooden huts

exactly, everything in skyrim is white or brown, oblivion has actual colors and regional personality/aesthetics

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I really liked the dark brotherhood questline in oblivion, especially the Whodunit? quest.

i like the one where you can loosen a wall trophy to fall on someone

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

yeah i closed too many random spawn gates as i played through the game and then when it got to the bit of the main quest where you had to close one for every town it really felt like a slog.

agreed, when i revisit oblivion i just never visit sean bean and keep his amulet for the whole game so the gates never spawn

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

im the one motherfucker who kinda liked the speech minigame

the very first time i played oblivion i picked speech and mercantile among my main traits

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i appreciate games that seamlessly load new areas, even if they're not open world. the first game i remember where that made an impression on me was dungeon siege

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i remember reading something once about blizzard (maybe valve?) employing psychologists to make maximally "rewarding" games and boy does it work on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They recently introduced crossplay in that game and it's been a favorite in my friend group.

i noticed this on the queuing screen, i wonder how it determines what pool to place you in?

Corla Plankun posted:

what even is that game? i want those imaginary fistbumps so bad

overwatch, you can "endorse" your teammates for "sportsmanship", "good teammate", and "shot caller". you can endorse people on the opposing team for just "sportsmanship". in the screenshot i posted, all five of my teammates thought i did a good job :shobon: