Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

quiggy posted:

i don't know the answer to this question but splatoon does have extremely good gyro options at least

oh no blimp issue posted:

i imagine you can buy some weird usb thing to use a mouse and keyboard if you wish? but as quiggy says the gyro controls are some of the best ive ever used and are pretty analogous to mouse control. theyre so good in fact that i wish other games would let you use gyro in the same way

i should try that then, i have splatoon 2 but haven't played it since i got it, does it still function now that 3 is out?

quiggy posted:

personally i find the switch pokemon games not very good. sword/shield are fine but controversial in ~the community~ for being the first ones not to have the full pokedex, and i found scarlet/violet nigh on unplayable. haven't played arceus but have heard it's the best of the switch ones, ymmv

other switch games/indie games i personally played on switch that are worth checking out if you haven't played them: fire emblem three houses, monster hunter rise, mario kart 8 dx, smash ultimate, dredge, hades, metroid dread

i liked pokemon lets go: eevee, it's a remake of red/blue

slay the spire is fun and works well on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

oh no blimp issue posted:

it does indeed. obviously you'll be missing out on some of the gameplay improvements, some of which are actually quite cool, but its still very good. and the dlc campaign for splatoon 2 is the best campaign the series has if you do the single player

i'll definitely try it again, then, thanks!

jesus WEP posted:

smh if you aren’t conditioned from 2000-ish game design to hitting the quicksave button every time you make progress at all

i already have 176 bg3 save files and i just started act 2

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i've been enjoying magic the gathering arena lately and i like playing a meta-game with the bot where i stall until i get myrel, shield of argive and moonshaker cavalry out. the game is trying to do this before the bot breaks internally and just goes "hmm" forever until i concede