Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm in. I'll be Brand Ecch Comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bingo Bango posted:

Go big or go home, I'll take Marvel. And just to spice it up, I'm only going to draft from webcomic creators a la Ryan North on Squirrel Girl.

Someone's gonna snipe John Allison from you out of spite (probably me)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bingo Bango posted:

That's fine, more Jeph Jacques for me.

I really wanted a clip of someone from The Light on Young Justice saying "all according to plan" but I couldn't find that quickly enough, so instead you get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENxZiDpPFA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

EDT

e: and I’ll PM everyone with their position in the order. Depending how the order shakes out everyone should be able to pick at least once tomorrow.

I don't have PMs, but I'll be sure to check before the end of the first pick. It's two hour windows right? So the first pick has to be done before noon Eastern or 9am Pacific?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm pacific

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

And I will say 10 am pacific would be easier to start, but it only really matters for the first pick and understand that it would make things on the other coast hard to have your picks super late

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vargo posted:

Hello, I'm sorry for missing my pick, there was hell happening in my city. Can I pick now, or do I have to wait for the end of the round?

Go for it if you do it soon. I don't think your gonna snipe my pick and I have a back-up just in case

I'm gonna pick right 5pm pacific

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vargo posted:

In the first round, Archie Comics drafts Tails Gets Trolled sage LAZERBOT to take over Sonic the Hedgehog writing duties in the mid-90s under EXTREMELY CAREFUL editorial direction.

I guess I have to go with my backup plan.

I was debating what to do with this, I knew my first pick would be a sort of architect/EIC that was probably a writer to create the overall tone for the line. But then I had to come up with what that tone would be. In a couple different threads we've talked about those ridicoulously inappropriate covers for certain comics, like the Greg Horn(y) covers for the Emma Frost series where she's a preteen and I was thinking about what an appropriate place for those covers would be. I was slightly worried this idea would have too much overlap with Napoleon Nelson's Avatar Press, but with his first pick seems to be going in a different direction then my intentions.

Brand Ecch is going to be respectful, horny comics. So my first pick is Gail Simone as Writer/EIC/Architect. She's written a ton of comics about ladies not wearing much clothing and always managed to give them dignity. She was the person who first pointed out the women in refrigirators trope and then went on to write Vampirella and Red Sonya. She's shown herself very adept at playing in other people's sandboxes doing acclaimed runs at both Marvel and DC using tertiary characters who later became really big deals like the Birds of Prey and (when she was writing him) Deadpool. Her writing is often a great mix of fighty and flirty and goofy. Now I want to see what she does with her own sandbox.

I'll try and throw some Red Sonya pics or something in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck I knew I should have take Karen.

Roth is up until 3, with How Wonderful on deck.

General question, but do we want to give more time for the picks than 2 hours? There’s no real rush and there are only 9 of us, so slowing down may make it easier for people. 4 hours instead?

I'd don't have a problem with more time.