Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I’m in. Company TBD tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I’ll take Humanoids.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I’m confused, when was my drafting time?

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
If it’s not too late, I’m going to take my two picks here. I only use the app, so my posts will be short.

For the all-important EIC role, I’ll be drafting the woman who has shown more talent in finding and nurturing new writers and artists than anyone else on the planet: Karen Berger. There are editors out there who can also function as worker and artists, but her single-minded focus on simply being an editor is what places her above them all.

For the first heavy-hitter creative role, I’ll be drafting Osamu Tezuka. He’s one of the most beloved writer/artist double threat in the business. And his first order of business will be completing Phoenix.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Jordan7hm posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck I knew I should have take Karen.

She was on my list of people who were going to go fast.

There’s 16 picks till my next draft. I have no idea what the field’s going to look like then. This is the most nerdy excitement I’ve ever had!

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Humanoids comes from a proud Euro-comics tradition, and for our next two picks we’re going to lean into that.

When American comics leaned into Superheros, Franco-Belgian comics leaned into Fantasy and Science Fiction. From Moebius to Hergé, it’s a great tradition that Humanoids is proud to represent. But with today’s first pick, we’ll be making a bet on the future instead of looking backwards.

Jason Brubaker

With a background in Dreamworks animation, and currently up for an Eisner for ReMind, Jason Brubaker writes smart, weird, all-ages sci-fantasy. In addition to representing a proud tradition of genre comics, he’ll also be leading the way in showing that, despite the last 30 years of industry trends, comics can be for kids.

For our second pick we’ll be leaning into the one of the other great traditions of eurocomics: transgressive comics. Even though “transgressive” is normally just critic-speak for “sexist”, Humanoids believes that pushing the boundaries is always a noble pursuit.

Peter Bagge

Specifically the Weirdo and Neat Stuff years.

This pick will also head up our attempt to break into the North American Slice-of-Life League.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Kyle Baker is one of the most versatile creators, I knew he wouldn’t last.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
(Humanoids has lost track of time, but has chosen to blame that on time zones.)

Humanoids will take advantage of our pole position in the snake draft, and bring on a complete writer/artist team.

Writer Marjorie Liu

Artist Sana Takeda

You may recognize this powerhouse duo from Monstress, a stunning and modern non-western fantasy. It's one of the very few comics I recommend to just about everyone. (Along with Bone.)

Humanoids continues its trek to own the international market.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Passmore wrote “Sports is Hell”, about the current riots, back in February. How he managed that little feat of time travel is something I’m still trying to work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Surely nothing is more important than the comics fantasy draft.