Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

Please for the love of god everybody let Napoleon Nelson have Kieron Gillen.

Uber still won't get finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good picks everyone!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm shocked you haven't taken James Allen yet!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BREAKING: BLEEDING CRUEL REPORTS THAT BRAND ECHH COMICS HAS FIRED EDITOR IN CHIEF SKWIRL DUE TO DERELICTION OF DUTIES, FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS, AND ALSO SMELLING VERY BAD. ENDLESS MIKE HAS BEEN HIRED TO TAKE OVER HIS DUTIES.

Asked to comment, Endless Mike said "I will take this job very seriously, however, due to our ongoing budget issues, we will be focusing on cartoonists able to write and draw their books. For my first hire, we will be tapping Skottie Young, creator of I Hate Fairyland, co-creator of Bully Wars and Middlewest, as well as adapting The Wizard of Oz for Marvel. We don't know what he has in store for us, but we couldn't be more excited to find out!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The only part I can't confirm is Skwirl's odor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FOR RELEASE JUNE 14, 2020: Brand Ecch Comics is proud to announce our latest exclusive hire, Erika Moen! While Erika's writing has been limited to date, and largely informative or biographical, we feel that her lovely cartooning style, sense of humor, and overall comics sense will be a huge assett for Brand Ecch Comics. Erika is best known for her ongoing webcomic Oh Joy, Sex Toy and her completed webcomic Bucko with Jeff Parker.

(Seriously, go read Bucko)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brand Ecch Comics is pleased to announce possibly our biggest signing ever! Adding to our stable of cartoonist is Mike Allred creator of Madman, Red Rocket 7, and The Atomics! Mike is also acclaimed for his art duties on such series as X-Force/X-Statix, FF, and Wednesday Comics! Mike's pop art influence pairs exceedingly well with his offbeat characters, stories, and general vibe that will bring only the finest storytelling to Brand Ecch!

Editor's note: Limiting myself to three Allred pics is extraordinarily unfair. I could post Allred all damned day and still not think it was enough.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brand Ecch is proud to announce or latest pick to catch up! While our current stable of writer-artists represent some of the best in the industry, we have realized we are missing a true legend of superhero comics. With that in mind, we are proud to announce signing Image co-founder Jim Lee, specifically his early-90s era where his pencils were just a bit sketchier and grittier! Jim Lee exploded into the industry working for Marvel comics on such titles as Punisher and Uncanny X-Men, before leaving to form Image Comics, forever changing the industry and pushing for the rights of creators to their work!

And that should get me back into the rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In the fine Brand Ecch tradition, we have managed to, somehow, sign writer/artist Steve Murray aka Chip Zdarsky to an exclusive deal! I guess with Sex Criminals winding down, he needs something to do. Not that SexCrims took a lot of time, but hey! We're going with early humor Chip, not more modern trying to be serious and actually being good at it Chip. This included his run on Howard the Duck, the aforementioned Sex Criminals, plus some short stories here and there. Welcome aboard Chip! Thanks for not noticing the part of your contract requiring you to wear your Garfield costume during all official appearances.