Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fruits of the sea posted:

Not sure if this is news to the thread but I thought it was interesting:

Next level classes :getin:

let's please forgot it

And to think the DLC was supposed to only be the new character originally. I thought the more advanced classes were S2 material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Do characters under the effects of Iron Wall/Magic Armor count as "Exposed" since they can't use cover?

Just wondering if its a good idea to put Keen Sense on my Battle Mage.

e: Also, what other chain effects are there besides Darkness + Flashbang = "Oh god my eyes"?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 1, 2022

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I have to wonder how the next part is going to work. In my head, the only way it can possibly work is if everyone is reset to level dogshit, because if you just carry over your endgame team and keep scaling from there the sequel is going to be dragonball Z by the ten hour mark due to how much power creep will happen.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You play as an entirely separate group who only interacts with Albus's group peripherally. This... probably wouldn't change much, cutscene-wise.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Does Giselle have to be in Hunter class to summon her tamed beasts, or can she summon them as a Sniper too?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Does Giselle have to be in Hunter class to summon her tamed beasts, or can she summon them as a Sniper too?

She can summon them in Sniper, with the exception of Legendary beasts, which require a Hunter mastery.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Smiling Knight posted:

She can summon them in Sniper, with the exception of Legendary beasts, which require a Hunter mastery.

D'oh. No wonder she seemed so weak at first, I completely neglected half her kit.

Now I'm raising some baby dragons.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the new troubleshooter patch notes mention automatic crafting, thank god

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Vengarr posted:

D'oh. No wonder she seemed so weak at first, I completely neglected half her kit.

Now I'm raising some baby dragons.

Dragons are cool as hell. My draki prince, William Drake, fears all men who fail to kill him :getin:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

the new troubleshooter patch notes mention automatic crafting, thank god

How does that work?

Also, has anyone tried the MP modes? What are they like?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

It's really cool how the devs are continuing to update this so long after release. How successful was the game sales wise?

I still haven't played this because of my backlog and lack of time, but I feel confident that it's going to be quite polished when I get to it :3:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I believe it was mentioned at some point that they are losing money overall but one of the devs is some rich trust fund kid who is keeping them afloat as an "investor." Or maybe I just made that up, I'm never sure anymore.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Apparently they've said that they're not about to sink and are good funding wise for their next game.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Nice! Whether it is Troubleshooter 2 or something else, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what lessons they draw from the first game going forward.

Apparently they recently added a "new joint training mode". The update post on steam says it's a Duel Battle. I'm guessing this is the PvP version of the limited PvE co-op they tried adding previously. Seems like the sort of thing that would be pretty hard to balance... but on the other hand, might be cool if people have a chance to test their craziest builds against each other and figure out how the meta changes.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Finally decided to play through this in my backlog - really loving it so far though John the Immortal felt kind of bullshit without having any buff clearing in my team at that moment.

Question though - for some reason I have not unlocked any mastery sets on Anne yet - do I get it later, or any specific missions/drops for her?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mastery sets are unlocked by completing troublemaker information or by trial and error. by the latter, i mean you can actually unlock mastery sets as soon as you have all the component parts by manually equipping them at the same time. yes, this is tedious as hell even with an online list. yes, this makes the training manual cost to unequip masteries even more inexplicable.

it's probably best to just go down the list and unlock what you can.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
You get so many training manuals that you don’t need to worry unless you’re entirely swapping out your masteries for every mission.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Vengarr posted:

You get so many training manuals that you don’t need to worry unless you’re entirely swapping out your masteries for every mission.

Even then you are likely drowning in enough Credits eventually to just buy whatever you are using.
It is just another system that makes you go, but why though?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Weissritter posted:

Finally decided to play through this in my backlog - really loving it so far though John the Immortal felt kind of bullshit without having any buff clearing in my team at that moment.

Question though - for some reason I have not unlocked any mastery sets on Anne yet - do I get it later, or any specific missions/drops for her?

90% of the masteries are meant to be found through trial and error. The remaining ones are rewarded after story beats or come pre-discovered with characters. For the point you're at in the game, you can probably discover quite a few.

Look at the four dots beside undiscovered mastery sets. The dots are coloured according to the type of mastery (attack is red, basic is green ability is yellow and so on). If you mouseover them, it will say if its a mastery you currently have or a mastery you can craft. The light grey dots are masteries you haven't encountered yet. Any masteries you already have equipped and are part of an undiscovered set show up as gold.

It's actually pretty easy to figure out what's missing from a mastery set if you already have a couple of them - usually masteries that share similiar mechanics or those that fit thematically.

This is fun for a little bit. The moment it stops being fun, google it instead.

E: these dots below. I just re-read everything I typed and it didn't make any sense. Maybe just look up a guide :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MadHat posted:

Even then you are likely drowning in enough Credits eventually to just buy whatever you are using.
It is just another system that makes you go, but why though?

I strongly suspect it was originally designed as a mobile game. There are a lot of things that make no sense except in that context. Most especially the motivation system and buying food, which just screams “Energy” to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao no, you can easily find what the game looked like early on its development. it was never originally designed as mobile game. it was going to have a more multiplayer focus but then they shifted into the single player stuff. the food stuff even makes more sense in that context than it does in a mobile one, buff giving food is a staple in mmo stuff.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Where would you find those early devbuild images if you don’t speak Korean? Because it just feels like a mobile game that outgrew the limitations of phones, much like Evil Genius 2.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vengarr posted:

Where would you find those early devbuild images if you don’t speak Korean? Because it just feels like a mobile game that outgrew the limitations of phones, much like Evil Genius 2.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/troubleshooter

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Thanks for the responses - for other characters the I can see their mastery sets 'show up' with some not active yet due to missing masteries. Though for Anne it was just straight up empty (so I cannot even see what effects they grant).

Will look up some online guides to see the mastery sets/masteries.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Weissritter posted:

Thanks for the responses - for other characters the I can see their mastery sets 'show up' with some not active yet due to missing masteries. Though for Anne it was just straight up empty (so I cannot even see what effects they grant).

Will look up some online guides to see the mastery sets/masteries.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349483727

This one probably has everything you want.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the steam guides are all you need for anything except builds. and really, builds aren't that complex until you get access to the mastery sets that increase every property limit by 2 like keyboard warrior. you just stack a few useful class/element masteries that overlap and that's usually good enough. you don't really need to make use of every single point with no waste until max level endgame.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Wowe that V54 mission is no joke. I did get Bens sword out of it though.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am honestly waiting for the 12th character to release to tackle V54, just because I want to use all those 12 team slots. I am not expecting that anytime soon though.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I strongly suspect it was originally designed as a mobile game. There are a lot of things that make no sense except in that context. Most especially the motivation system and buying food, which just screams “Energy” to me.

Vengarr posted:

IIRC the devs are basically from Korean mobile games companies. They quit because they were sick of making those kinds of crappy games. So it would make sense if some of the mobile industries design philosophies stuck with them.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

It kinda baffles me that Troubleshooter is as fun it is. If someone were to pitch X-Com but anime with collectable abilities, multiple crafting systems, relationship meters and half a dozen other complex mechanics, I would say that it was a terrible, terrible idea and to throw it in the trash. Somehow it manages to be more than the sum of its parts

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Oh yeah, Troubleshooter has no right being as good as it is. I think it's literally the only SRPG I've played with an end-game/post-game that keeps me calling back.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The latest patch adds a mastery that gives immunity to spiderwebs for the like 3 missions where they are a serious problem.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Big news on future content.

tl;dr: Crimson Crow DLC (10 U$) featuring Misty as a new character (that would be Rion's, Sion's brother, partner), two violent cases and eight scenario missions, plus some surprise stuff. It will be released in parts like the Black Witch & White Lion content, starting in early October.
Costume DLC, going for 4 U$ for each character with a discounted bundle for everyone. Also hot drat, Leton cleans up nice. Also love that miltiary uniform for Alisa. No release date set, but soonish.

After that they will be focusing on the follow up game, which may be using a new engine.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Lmao those Irene costumes. Never change Hero Irene, never change…

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Anne's costumes somehow make her look even younger.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sion "Edward Kenway" Bloodwalker

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wow such great outfits for giselle and ray to go on a date (together) in hehe

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 1, 2022

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I’m imagining they did some focus group testing for costumes but half the participants were under the impression it was for a dating sim.

That basically describes anything anime though, I dunno man. The game is p wholesome or I wouldn’t have put so many hours into it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really care about the costumes, but i've gotten a lot of entertainment out of this game so i might as well buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will buy anything they put out to support troubleshooter my favorite video game <3