Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Cool to see a thread about this game, it's a pretty neat sj(k?)rpg thing.

Couple of points (some of which were mentioned in the main thread):

1. The translation is extremely spotty; they've hired some more helpers with this but Dandylion is a pretty small studio (and was running a bit low on money close to release) so I don't think it will improve a lot anytime soon.
2. There are so many systems it's easy to get overwhelmed; it can also lead to a bunch of busywork (although they did add some qol stuff like crafting more than one mastery at a time); I think some of the systems could be streamlined a bit but it's probably too late for that.
3. Some missions are really, really long as in like 70-80+ enemies and there's no skip enemy turn button or something so missions can sometimes take 1-2 hours. You can save and come back later though.
4. The story is actually pretty decent but pov jumps around quite a bit so it can be confusing sometimes (also because of the spotty translation too)
5. If you need training manuals if you finish the current storyline you get 1000, and recently they gave out another 2400 (although I'm not sure if you'll get those if you buy now I guess?)
6. Next set of story stuff is planned for Q3 but there's quite a lot of content for $25.
7. The online system is kind of tacked on but it's not a big deal.
8. It's not kept up to date anymore but https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349483727 is a reasonably good guide to mastery sets available. In general the Steam guides are okay.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You can also convert unused masteries to training manuals (which I didn't learn for a long time).

They are a bit pricey to buy and you do need 50 per class unlock for each character; not that there's a huge need for money but I prefer to spend it on crafting mats.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Robots are a bit underwhelming for the amount of effort needed (because I hate fighting bicrons).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Anne’s damage as witch is great but her accuracy is suspect since she doesn’t have a fall type move like Sion.

Also witch’s blessing sometimes backfires

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Witch’s blessing rarely gives you debuffs so it can be annoying. I do like Anne as a witch more but white mage has its uses since it has some powerful auras and support abilities, especially in draki nest thanks to the annoying vigor drain field effect.

Sions accuracy isn’t much better but lightning bolt ignores most if not all cover bonus so it doesn’t feel as bad.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Either of the BMs (Sion, Irene) can do that but you still need to watch out for enemies with high block reduction like Skull Sniper.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Hacker is better mostly because machines are not super great right now. Maybe one day we can build Bicrons.

Also putting on Quick Grasp of the Situation helps a ton with AT issues, but it is expensive and you can't get it until pretty late.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 23, 2020

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Basically for bicron missions everybody should be holding emp grenades, but for whatever you reason you can't buy them and have to craft them. I think like two of the cops have them though.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

SpRahl posted:

Hey how do you replay story missions? I have seen reference in game and on steam discussions of a "case file" or something that lets you do so but I do not know if I am blind or what because I cannot find such a thing.

In the office area there's a Case Record selection right next to the material index and the troublemaker list, from there you can re-launch story missions. I don't remember if there's a progress-based unlock for it or if it's available right away though.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
For whatever reason it's called Case Record in the online version, I didn't play the offline version at all so I didn't know they were different.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Giselle can one-shot some bosses, I wouldn't say impulse fields is common across bosses, although the ones you tend to run across more than once (like Darius) have it. If you're really concerned with dealing with block you should put on the spirit mastery set:

The Spirit of Hero
Pouring Spirit + Overwhelming Spirit + Overflowing Spirit + The Spirit that Never Gives Up
The Spirit that Never Gives Up: Dodge and block further increases by 0.1% per 1 SP when attacking enemy lvl is higher.
Overwhelming Spirit: Enemy dodge and block further decreases by 0.1% per 1 SP when target is lvl in lower.

Final resistance only triggers from 33% hp down so the best solution is to kill them from 50% :v:

Normally I just use other chars like Irene (she has a skill that ignores block entirely) or Albus (or even Sion, since he does so much raw damage block can't always stop him) to deal with high block.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Pets are ultra strong (especially the Drakis if built properly); just taming is a pain and I just like using sniper.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Just give everybody emp grenades, fighting bicrons without them is terrible. I guess technically you could wait until they all run out of fuel but I'm not interested in waiting that long. They all have extremely high armor and tons of ridiculous abilities so you don't actually want to fight "fair".

Leton is actually one of the strongest characters in the game because he has access to the mastery that makes any ability/item that causes frostbite to cause freeze instead, and freeze is one of the strongest statuses in the game since it's basically stun but less people resist it. Just load up on improved frost grenades with the useable item masteries and freeze every single dangerous dude until they're dead.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 26, 2020

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Pretty sure Kylie's drones don't drop from anywhere and you only get higher lvl ones from crafting.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
So far I don't really feel Alisa is any upgrade from Albus because she can't heal herself at all. Naturally I haven't found all the mastery sets yet but feels like she'll just get whittled down via status or through block.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, the other thing is that the enemies are generally specialized for the harder levels, like in 46V a ton of dudes have night bonuses in a night map, and in particular the knife dudes have darkness hunter mastery set, which means they're immune to any kind of responsive attack like fire support as long as it's night.

Enemy fire support snipers are always a pain, and skull sniper can end runs by himself since he applies confusion if he kills somebody when he KOs somebody that can't see him.

Pretty sure those snipers all have the mastery that halves dodge too.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 25, 2020

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The recent buffs actually made Alisa quite strong since one of the barb mastery sets now gives physical debuff immunity, so you can’t be stunned/bled/etc.

She still suffers a bit from not having sustain but with some pots and a little bit of luck you can solo 46V with some builds.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
There's a few times, some moves like Sion's lightning strike ignore most cover bonuses so they help with accuracy a lot, or Irene's breakthrough skill ignores block which helps against a ton of enemies.

Otherwise a little bit of damage might let you proc Catharsis or 1S1K.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I understand that the enemies need their own gimmicks since the player can get bonkers amount of power but 47V is so tedious I did it once and never bothered again.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It was a mistake to pick group D, as Giselle brutally murdered the VHPD and Irene by herself via support fire.

I realize you can unequip her but actually I didn't expect to fight her straight up.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
It's pretty much the best solution to most things machines, yes. The VHPD have some if you can keep them alive too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The DLc has been in development for a long time is definitely part of it.

Also missions in TS tend to take a very long time until you get enough experience with them, and due to how wide the powerband is due to the mastery system enemies just continue to get more and more annoying to the point it kind of loses some of the fun for me.

Also, farming legendary gear and pets is butts.