Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's no enemy skip button, but you have settings for both your team and enemy turns going Normal-Fast-Super Fast

Super fast might as well be a skip enemy function. It is blazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Basically just continue playing the game and fight more mechs to get more drops to actually get parts to make mech masteries.

The mech itself is a decent distraction tank with sheer stats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kylie can summon xcom 2 style decoy holograms, throw equivalent Overcharge multi-hit supers as regular attacks, cheat elevation like Albus, heal, and allow any party member to immediately hack.

Also summon and make up to 2 robot buddies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Interested to see what your Anne build is, because one is kinda just plinking for 500 (when the average is like 1000+). I did make everyone fast as hell, including Ray who's like taking twice as many turns as everyone else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I stuck with white mage anna because that build's much faster, and her debuff circle is really important as the game goes on, with a billion Severe Bleeding, poison grenades, and stun spammage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also mechs with spider web cannons. And generally bosses reach your crew eventually because Final Resistance is some bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I made Sion a battle mage because I don't really use up that many Black mage stuff and being able to give him Magic Armor is a huge bonus in exchange.

I think Albus does okay as a tank, if you stack all the Pierce resistance so he can live through Bicron bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have Kylie as Engineer mostly because of Restore Protocol Automatically. That gives me unlimited uses effectively of Decoy hologram, the 4-element rapid fire attack, and her Heal/Turbo turn effect.

I give her the movement protocol as the last skill so I can consistently reach 0 on the uses, and being able to travel elevation for free like Albus is always useful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just finished the infamous 20 billion Bicorn mission

The last quarter of the mission, I was down to 5 characters: Anne, Ray, a melee cop, Kylie, and a Tima.

The Tima basically solo-ed and saved my rear end. Quite literally the most damaging, tankiest character I have.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

... Why in the heck is your Albus unclassed?

I forgot to max his class first, he actually lived longer than everyone else near the end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Enjoying this so far. I remember someone in the Steam thread mentioned that there were some missable stuff. Something to do with side missions?

Full ironman mode scares me though. What are the consequences of death/failing a mission?

None, characters die are just out of that mission and they lose "Ambition" (which a sandwich easily fills back up to full from Don).

You can even keep exp if you abandon/fail a mission.

And you WILL lose characters, it's fine. This isn't like most tactics games where losing a character was your mistake.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What's your Giselle build, because I'm reaching the point where she struggles against anyone that has a decent block rate which is like a lot as I go through the endgame.

I have her as a Hunter for the +20 speed and giving the doggy even more power.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A timir dog is overpowered. As tanky as a magic armor Irene/Sion, hits harder than a fully powered Leton, and its lightning chain does as much as Sion.

And this is just a regular dog, not even a Legendary one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Clarste posted:

Really? Because Sion does like 13,000 damage.

I'm comparing just their chain lightning attacks, but I haven't specced out my Timir for ESP (cause it just has the chain lightning).

Outside of the high stats, you can also stack an easy 2-400 extra power on it from Giselle's passives, beast masteries, and Veil.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The game ramps up unlike xcom where the last quarter is a victory lap.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tried Sniper Giselle for a few missions. Eh...it seems fine? I have no idea, but it's hard to compare to Beast which just gives straight up +20 speed. And she doesn't really kill harder on things that she struggles with before.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I barely beat that mission without a hacker cause I forgot, but it involved everyone having emp grenades and Kylie spamming holograms.

I might need to progress through the story some more cause I still haven't seen any of those masteries you posted earlier and I just opened up the draki breeding mission.

Tae fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 26, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Transient People posted:

This game looks awesome but I've heard the translation is very spotty overall. Are there signs of it being fixed up over time, or is it likely to stay as is? Wondering how hard it'd be to follow things along and understand the mechanics properly, mostly.

The translation for the actual combat is decent enough, half the walls of text when you click on a skill is just explaining the key words.

The translation for the story is being updated weekly, it doesn't really get kinda loopy until near the end when Spoonisms go deep into The Feast and Spoon in your Heart.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is albino negoori the only good one or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nephthys posted:

Do you have to craft Kylie's weapons to get upgrades?

Also yeah Hacker is definitely the stronger class. I haven't been using decoy protocol because I'm not sure its necessary when you have that much innate block, dodge and damage reduction and crit anything that attacks you with no AT cost.

Decoy Protocol is needed, things hit super hard (Bicrons always a danger) and also draws in aggro in a way the AI pulls closer than it should.

I'm not sure what you mean about Kylie's weapons, I get drops for her like everyone else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tricky posted:

What are good early mastery sets to shoot for? So far I'm angling to get Shukuchi and Retaliation up on Albus, but past grinding out another set for Sion I'm not sure if there's anything particularly noteworthy or if I should just kind of take things as they come.

Basically just play until you get stuck after a couple tries, the game will shill out new masteries all the way until the end of the game.

Clear out the yellow font missions on your board, since they're new.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I use the unlimited protocol build, and she's always been key as a support. Forcing enemies to close in with the decoy, or refreshing someone after they recover all vigor to act immediately, are all amazing.

Her multi-attack protocol is also as strong as an overcharge attack and I don't remotely have her mastery optimized.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I beat troubleshooter.

That final mission is some bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can see mechs being too late, but Giselle joins a little over the midway point of the game, and a Timir is super low maint and super high reward to level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also even though we reached A ending I doubt we've reached THE ending. There's a lot of hooks still left to develop in the story. I don't know if they're just going to keep stacking onto this game or if they're doing DLC or Troubleshooter 2, but the devs clearly have more plot in them.

The store page said "The first episode" This is basically trails zero (cause it doesn't in a immediate hook cliffhanger)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's the Trails part, why are we suddenly getting multiple cg artwork of their lives

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Oh man, just realized the +XP mastery line has to be actively researched after being frustrated by the lack of Insight while making masteries for Sion. If you've slept on them I recommend researching the Learning > Understanding > Insight line ASAP to fit them into your lower level party members.

It's better to slap on the highest one (70% exp gain) with the mastery that gives exp to anyone that's lower level than the character (Supporter). So like Giselle would be the earliest one, since she's so much higher level than your guys when you get her, as an example.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

At what point DOES crafting items become worthwhile? I felt like I looked at the system at levels 15 and 20 and didn't see anything I preferred to make there that would be better (and less grindy) than just purchasing random what-have-you at the markets. Is there a specific point or utility to crafting that I'm missing?

I never crafted either, just be diligent in getting the black box loot.

You can buy equipment, just be warned they tail off in scaling after a certain point and are super expensive (but weapon levels stop mattering that much once you're level 40+)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A robot is always an extra thing that enemies hit, they're immune to fire, and the flamethrower is really good dps.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you play on normal, you should be fine just doing all the missions once (including the previous ones that are now considered new if you look at the mission list). The last mission is hard though, the game doesn't let up unlike Xcom's endgame.

Troubleshooter, as stated on the store page, is the first episode. This is akin to FF7 remake or like Trails of Cold Steel, episodic gaming, though they are patching in additional story at some point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Not really, no. And being offline makes you immune to their server maintenance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Generally progress through the story until you hit a wall, then go back and do the old missions (they're not repeats of the previous version, sometimes adds sidestory content).

Ask about UI and skill forging because some things aren't obvious on their functions until 20 hours in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

When I beat the game, my Kylie set up was basically using the skills to effectively give unlimited usages of her protocol. So unlimited holograms, her special multi-hit attack, etc. She was busy doing support most of the time that her special came off "cooldown" enough to occasionally get rid of a problem if needed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think Pets are overpowered for the investment you put in. Regular rear end doggies are as powerful as your best physical builds at points with junk masteries.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ray is a speedy aoe spammer that's also your emergency healer. Her debuffs help a lot more than you think, and cheats geometry in a way that guns can't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

bamhand posted:

Are the monsters worth getting? Any ones in particular that are good? What about the legendary ones?

A regular tima is super strong as the lowest effort, easily one of your best physical tanky attackers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Her weapons drop the same as everyone else, last time I played.

Her two builds are either super robot master with stats or unlimited spell master with the right rotation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Look thoroughly in the menu. They also have the option to tone down the voices everytime you do actions.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The main issue with starting over is that it takes a *long* time to get characters beyond Iris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beasts are strong extra party members, like from a pure srpg standpoint that's already good enough