Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvf0mSmmPJY
  • Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley vs. NXT Women's Champion Charlotte Flair.
  • AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura in the unnecessary Intercontinental Championship tournament. These two delivered a match of the year candidate at Wrestle Kingdom 10 (advertised at the time as "this match is not even once until now"), and spent a long period in WWE feuding over punching each other on the dick.
  • Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus in the unnecessary Intercontinental Championship tournament. This is their first match after weeks of building a feud between the two that culminated in Jeff Hardy having a match against... Cesaro?
  • Otis and Mandy Rose vs. Dolph Ziggler and Sonya Deville in a mixed tag match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfiCmB9J9hA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fall & Pray

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh boy, I sure can't get enough of Charlotte Flair! I would enjoy seeing her on every single program every week!

But on a serious note, I do kind of hope that AJ and Nakamura has Nakamura destroying AJ's balls again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh is today a thing in America?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

Oh is today a thing in America?

Monday is Memorial Day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress you, Ronnie Reagan, you piece of poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress, hearing The Fink's voice again is :unsmith:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

this is such good poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Destroy My Sweater posted:

this is such good poo poo

Something I have wondered my whole life is why people seem to think fart sounds on television are funny.

Like, don't get me wrong, a fart sound on television CAN be funny, but there seems to be a widespread belief among TV people that simply having a fart sound play is in and of itself comedy gold.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Something I have wondered my whole life is why people seem to think fart sounds on television are funny.

Like, don't get me wrong, a fart sound on television CAN be funny, but there seems to be a widespread belief among TV people that simply having a fart sound play is in and of itself comedy gold.

Vince is definitely the latter. WWE used to edit in a fart noise every time Doink hit his Whoopee Cushion finisher.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I used to dream of seeing these two wrestle in WWE :sigh:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

God I used to dream of seeing these two wrestle in WWE :sigh:

Fool you once ect ect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh just casually mentioning that AJ is on the Smackdown roster now. Okay.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AJ traded to Smackdown for future considerations!

lol just end the brand split

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe ending the brand split is a future consideration!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

Fool you once ect ect.

I got to see them live at Wrestle Kingdom 10 and it was absolutely incredible (and then IMMEDIATELY overshadowed by Okada/Tanahashi in the main event, haha) and I really thought even if it was half as good in WWE it would still be great. As always, I underestimated WWE's ability to turn a silk purse into a sow's ear.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Styles Clash counter was cool

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think "didn't get all of it" has become my least liked expression in wrestling

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Why would AJ win

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

4 times a year lol sure

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

so wait is aj permanently on smackdown! is the wildcard rule back what is this

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Codependent Poster posted:

Then they can bring it back for the fall premiere!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Destroy My Sweater posted:

so wait is aj permanently on smackdown! is the wildcard rule back what is this

He's been traded to Smackdown "for future considerations" so he doesn't count towards the BRAND TO BRAND INVITATIONAL CLASHES 4 time restriction.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

He's been traded to Smackdown "for future considerations" so he doesn't count towards the BRAND TO BRAND INVITATIONAL CLASHES 4 time restriction.

Its good they lasted 1 week before dancing around that limit.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

wow woah

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Is this taped? Seeing some seemingly weird edits, although it could be Kevin Dunn magic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm a broken record on this, but Bayley is so good and deserves so much better, loving hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charlotte smugly mocking Bayley for being unable to beat her.... while Bayley is dominating the match AND she already beat Charlotte clean before.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte has way too many spots where she makes the other person look bad.

Yay Bayley!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charlotte doesn't even bother to be upset at losing, just immediately laughs it off as if it means nothing despite making such a big deal out of how Bayley (who has beaten her before) couldn't beat her.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I'm a broken record on this, but Bayley is so good and deserves so much better, loving hell.
Yeah Bayley is great, but on the other hand, she has been a long running champ who gets to hang out with her friend

And she's way better at being heel than people expected

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

dolph ziggler, stealing the show valor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mandy is wrestling in her denim jacket?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

So do you think tucker was carted off by the nxt ninjas that roam the car park? That has to be the story at this point?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

is this going to result in mandy stealing the briefcase for Dolph or something or the debut of Shadow Tucker Knight (or The Dark Knight™ Tucker Knight)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

So do you think tucker was carted off by the nxt ninjas that roam the car park? That has to be the story at this point?

Last week they just said he was "unavailable" and left it at that, so maybe he mistakenly took them at face value when they said you didn't need to show up to work during a global pandemic?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why did this happen DURING the break?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Sonya gets the job as the new Batwoman since WWE is never gonna give her a good push

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody got some little chants/songs that you do in your head or out loud but not very loud sometimes.

uh-chicken-pot-a-pie
uh-chicken-pot-a-pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What is the point of any of this