Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElvisMcVegas
Hey Guys, I am the other half of Goblin Honey, Khanstant is a lot better at the world building but we have come up with a lot of hilarious stuff together we have squirrelled away in old text chains and unscanned sketchbooks.

Here are a few comics I made set in the Goblin Honey universe but not necessarily from the age that Khanstant has drawn. There are several goblin ages, some futuristic, some medieval and some just set in whatever surrealistic area we decided to assign it.

This is the inside of this goblin factory that creates pollution.

Heres the first Goblin Honey comic I made

ElvisMcVegas fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Jesus crust, this is some incredible poo poo.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Khanstant posted:

i have an art degree so i can never be an outsider artist

Same. I would probably be happy sitting in a room inventing little people and places for the rest of my life if I didn't have responsibilities.

nut

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i want to move to this goblin world and start a new life

there is no place for me here. only the goblins understand

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Khanstant

owlhawk911 posted:

i want world

well good news! right now i am posting the final fake-videogame thing I made a few months ago. it's not "finished" if this were to be a game map, i'd jazz it up more, but for the video-game mag i was thinking it would be on a page with an exclusive beta preview. mostly i just know if i start making 16x16 sprites it'll be a rabbithole i'll get stuck in. even today i had lots of drawing plans, but i wanted to post this but clean up a few little things and spent a few hours on it instead. There's no giant pentagram on Tejas, but that little broken turd part of the continent is a generally blighted land where primarily various undead peoples and humans dwell*.

This one is a world map for a theoretical platformer. The topography here isn't canon in-universe, but it is canon to the videogame world in-universe.

The pink area on this map represent the Sugar Wastelands region, and that craterous lake is actually a massive crater where a city-state used to be. Why is there a giant crater there, what unusual but humorous catastrophe happened to that place, what lives at the bottom, what needless depth lies behind this mystery?

Elvis just doesn't like Houston and I'm ambivalent about it so there's just a void in the land there.

That big purple wall isn't in the place it is in real life, and in this videogame the wall humourously is elevated above the ground. The reality of it is more grim, the real wall is built essentially between a mountain range, across a shoreline, spanning for higher than the mountain peaks that once contained it. The story of the wall is detailed in a comic told from the perspective of one of the builders, but is still undrawn**.

Medium story short: These people started building a wall to keep the other side out, but there kept being other people to keep out and ways to get passed the wall, and before you know it, there's an ever-expanding wall so immense several closely-related and intensely xenophobic civilizations dwell inside the wall and both expand the wall to keep anything from ever getting in but also to keep other inner-wall people on their sides of the inner-inner-walls built.

*the undeads' human kingdom management and goblins' human ranching share a lot of parallels in principle but the undead have attention spans, patience, and long-term logistical coordination that make even the most advanced Goblin human-rancher look like a backwater worm-rancher.
**torn on whether my original comic is a little too on the nose and also a little late, but that's whats up with the people who live in the wall

edit: random worm rancher for reference

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 25, 2020

Khanstant
anyone here like Nancy? I do, well here she is goblin style

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
This is nice. I will set up my city here.

owlhawk911

you got any more goblins lined up op? i need my fix

ElvisMcVegas
These are some Goblin Honey plants that I drew, they all have guts inside them.

Khanstant

owlhawk911 posted:

you got any more goblins lined up op? i need my fix

Y'all are practically goblin experts if you made it this far. I won't tell you what kind of game this is going to be yet, but if you have any questions about this character creation screen, let me know.

It's a one-player game so work together to make your goblin

Trying

So I googled character sheets because I've never done this kind of thing before.

Class

Proletariat

Background

Retail, Technical Drawing, Real Medicine, Quack Medicine

Player Name

Sexton Hardcastle

Race

gently caress off, Himmler

Alignment

I drift left

Experience Points

Virgin

Strength

Powerful legs

Dexterity

Not so much.

Constitution

Consumptive.

Intelligence

Not so great.

Wisdom

Strong mental arithmetic.

Charisma

I'm a delight!

Inspiration

Dolly Parton

Proficiency Bonus

No

Gonna give myself charisma for Saving Throws. IDK what that means

Skills:Insight/Performance ?

Passive Wisdom

Can do Sonic 2 & Knuckles in like 20 minutes

Amour Class

Shirt quite thick

Initiative

Sometimes

Speed

More of a drinker.

Hit Points

Can't stand things touching my throat, go for that

Attacks & Spellcasting

I always go for the big moves in Tekken you have an about 5% chance of hitting

Equipment

Always have a pen.

Personality Traits

Kind
Intense

Ideals

Work hard & be nice

Bonds

Mum :3:

Flaws

Alcoholism
Intense
Could be tidier

Features

Fantastic hair

Khanstant
Oh man, I didn't mean to make you do all that but I also think character sheets are just fun so I'm also glad you did it. What I meant was fill out the above goblin character sheet i posted last... though if you arent familiar with character sheet my nonsense looks even more nonsense than usual!

Really, the only meaningful choices there are things like goblin type, vocation, thinking points maybe. In any case it's probably not that important just thought it might b fun. More than anything this game will be an exercise for me to test out our world parameters.

oh but seriously I posted:

So I googled character sheets because I've never done this kind of thing before.

Flaws

Alcoholism

Features

Fantastic hair

Re: Alcoholism, too-high alcohol contents can make goblins sick or kill them, though some goblins do develop resistance to alcohol, disinfectants, anti-fungal, anti-virus etc. A goblin who eats too much fresh sugar sometimes starts to ferment it and a kind of gnarly, waxy, bolus starts to form around it. The goblin will excrete this disgusting Gushers filled with funky goblin liquor. Humans or other species who could stand and survive extracting it could get really hosed up on it.

Re: Fantastic hair - Goblin hair is fun because it's usually made of fun stuff like the pretty fuzz on mold, or slime, or gutsy tubes, sgetti, etc. The only goblins with karatiny-hairs like us are types of hairgoblins, born in flooded ruins of barbershops.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 28, 2020

Trying

Somebody futz with this, we must work together

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khanstant
Anybody else got a vote or input before i start the game?

owlhawk911

my internet is SO BAD but look what finally uploaded on like try 6

not sure if i did it right op but i circled some stuff that seemed cool. i def would've chose assassysin/scroungery but let's do this thing

Khanstant
we can add scroungery and assassysin. goblins aren't very interested in rules until they are. plus they cant read so the limits and numbers here are ineffectual. dms use stat points because goblins will actually use the points to distribute things because goblins loving love wordplay

Trying

I don't have any dice so I'm gonna blind-stab at my phone whenever we need to "roll"

I got the hash key, what does that get me?

Khanstant
i can give you a "hell yeah brother" for a hit now or you can hold onto it and that key might b useful soon...

edit:

I'm literally drawing it right now so if anyone wants to put some skunk in this broth, nows your chance

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 29, 2020

Khanstant
Until goblin is visible, character modifications can still be made. RN we have an e-goblin, posting-subclass unless you wanna see that menu expanded. We have fuzzy orb, gassy spray, eyes turned off, no background, and one red checkmark in our BIG stat. Our body temp is set to the default so our goblin won't start on fire or frozen. They are mathmemagician/assassysin, with one or 2 points in each of scroungery, excuses, and object permanence.

Those are actually pretty good Thinking Points choices from a power-gaming perspective. This game didn't do well on the market in part because a lot of players hated how their inventory and stuff in the world would arbitrarily cease to have ever existed.

I'll handle the cursor and stuff sit I'm the one sitting here in front of it, but tell me what you wanna do and I'll do it for us.

That first button let's players type in anything they want and an Artificial Stupidity will figure it out.

The second one is if you need to touch anything, grab stuff, push, poke, move stuff around, interact with objects or whatever.

Third button is a magnifying glass icon.

The fourth one is if you need to access mouth actions or your guts/insides.

------------
So tell me what you wanna do

owlhawk911

Khanstant posted:

Until goblin is visible, character modifications can still be made. RN we have an e-goblin, posting-subclass unless you wanna see that menu expanded. We have fuzzy orb, gassy spray, eyes turned off, no background, and one red checkmark in our BIG stat. Our body temp is set to the default so our goblin won't start on fire or frozen. They are mathmemagician/assassysin, with one or 2 points in each of scroungery, excuses, and object permanence.

we should probably put a couple points or a checkmark or whatever into wow. eyes off is a bold move but i'm a yes and kinda dude. what are the choices for background? if we need one, "posting lair"

Khanstant posted:

I'll handle the cursor and stuff sit I'm the one sitting here in front of it, but tell me what you wanna do and I'll do it for us.

That first button let's players type in anything they want and an Artificial Stupidity will figure it out.

The second one is if you need to touch anything, grab stuff, push, poke, move stuff around, interact with objects or whatever.

Third button is a magnifying glass icon.

The fourth one is if you need to access mouth actions or your guts/insides.

------------
So tell me what you wanna do

wanna stick our appendage in the mouse-house. wanna sniff the bottle/lick the mushrooms. wanna look outside

Khanstant

owlhawk911 posted:

wanna stick our appendage in the mouse-house.

okay, give me a second while the interior of the hole loads. i'll edit this post when its next time for input

edit: finally loaded geez

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 29, 2020

Khanstant

owlhawk911 posted:

we should probably put a couple points or a checkmark or whatever into wow. eyes off is a bold move but i'm a yes and kinda dude. what are the choices for background? if we need one, "posting lair"

okay, ill slide some of the points into WOW. eyes off is actually not necessarily a problem, goblins don't need eyes to see, but the goblin does need to know or believe it can see to be able to. the goblin now has no eyes, but also cannot presently see alone. then again, it is asleep. posting lair was actually one of the choices, wow, good guess, we'll go with that.

biosterous

i was gonna say magnifying glass the lil hole but it looks like there's an appendage in the way now!

maybe magnifying glass the mushrooms and the bucket

e: oh, the hole loaded while i was posting! magnify the clock please!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Khanstant

biosterous posted:

magnify the clock please!

[ooc note: starting to do the player-inputs in blue text. Scroungery, Excuses, Object Permanence will sometimes pop up now. Scroungery gives a list of some possible scrounged items. Excuses are... excuses to do or not do something.]

Shifty Nipples

Is that rat wearing some kind of sleeping cap? how rude of us to intrude at three A.M.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

owlhawk911

murder is rude, and getting evicted is a great impetus to begin an adventure

Khanstant
still at work atm, anyone want to do anything next? otherwise just gonna draw up some "magnify" for the other requested things back "outside"

Stoner Sloth

Khanstant posted:

still at work atm, anyone want to do anything next? otherwise just gonna draw up some "magnify" for the other requested things back "outside"

try the a 3 cent button?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Khanstant
that's just the catch-all "do whatever you want" button where the game engine parses anything you say you want to do

Trying

Scrounge.

owlhawk911

use MATHEMAGIC on the clock, just to see what it does

Khanstant
So I'm a little burnt out right now because I tried a branch of this game on instagram and just spent five hours straight doing it.

Here's that version if you're curious:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAy9dL5H306/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://imgur.com/gallery/NjuvLrs
imgur gallery link for you antigrammers

Our game here can be a totally different thing, already is. On instagram nobody even filled out a sheet so it's just a random skillless goblin I drew.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 30, 2020

Khanstant

That critter isn't looking so harmless to me, poor goblin doesn't even know it's life has changed so much recently!

Stoner Sloth

we should probably wake up?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

owlhawk911

op i love your goblins but am slightly confused as to how to play the game. i'm really dumb and on drugs, and i think i speak for many of my fellow posters when i say that. i thought we were directing our goblins actions and feel super bad for destroying that clock with an otherworldly videogame arm. it seemed chill :(

Stoner Sloth posted:

we should probably wake up?

Redu

Popular
    Sovereignty

lovely stuff

Trying

code:
Enjoy math shapes

Khanstant

owlhawk911 posted:

op i love your goblins but am slightly confused as to how to play the game. i'm really dumb and on drugs, and i think i speak for many of my fellow posters when i say that. i thought we were directing our goblins actions and feel super bad for destroying that clock with an otherworldly videogame arm. it seemed chill :(

do not worry about that particular clock, I can tell you as the goblinmaster that the clock would've gone on to do horrible, horrible things.

i'm really obtuse and on drugs and the rules I was being real improv about as I went along but i have a better idea of things now.

As for game rules, think of it like an open-world, point-and-click adventure, dwarf-fortress, the sims, godgame, tamagotchi thing... Is that clear? Probably not.

Think of it like this: This is your goblin, and I am interacting with it through the game's interface, which can parse any command it(y'all) wants. You're the caretaker, I am the game engine to let us interact with the "goblin honey" world and this goblin, and the Goblin is a gobliny scamp and will generally follow your commands to the best of it's goblin ability and will.

So far the goblin has just been asleep, so most of the commands have defaulted to the "game-hand."

Shortest explanation: Tell me what you want to do, when prompted, and I'll try and sort it out and try not to "monkey's paw" commands too much.

I'm drawing the next parts right now so hopefully it will be clearer with an awake gobbo, thank you for everyone for bearing with me

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
edit: reposting this on page snipe

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 3, 2020