Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Oh God I love all of this. How big is the full sized crowded goblin city picture? How big you figure it could be printed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Khanstant posted:

I drew it at 300 DPI 36x24 inches. So at least that large should be good, but my artwork is pretty clean and crisp and I think would hold up to being blown up larger. Photoshop won't even let me output a version of it bigger than 8000 or so pixels wide.

I'll call this place on Tuesday to see if I can get some of these printed out and at what size. If there's really some interest I'd love to mail some of these out. So far only friends, family, and my drug dealers have any hard copies of these. What size would people realistically want anyway, might need to look around for options. The print shop I used before was just because I worked there for a bit, supporting local ends when you hate the business owner, right, because Mike Cooper can eat my farts for all I care.

The other option would be for me to have these screenprinted, which means nice ink and paper but a bit more limited in size available. Actually, yeah... why the hell wouldn't I do it that way. Those would be very good quality and I currently work for a local screen printing company where everyone who works there is a good person. Long term I also want to figure out how to make this into a colouring book along with it's larger sister drawing. in general I think my normal art style lends itself to being coloured, and I lack all the genes that want me to colour stuff digitally. if i could colour this drawing in just three or so colours i could make even better prints i reckon, but im not signing myself up for that just yet with newer ideas in the fire already.

----------------------
there's a big part of me that wants to set up an isometric grid and map out the city block-by-block, and just spend the rest of my life on one mega-mega-mega-meta-drawing of corpses christy. just go all-in, henry darger style but i have an art degree so i can never be an outsider artist and goblins dont have peepees or anything so maybe bad comparison, but u know, hovel full of one contiguous manic mixed media art project.

logistically it would be a fool's errand, in goblin honey canon, structures built* by goblins are larger on the inside than they are on the outside.

*goblins "build" only through taking ruins or dismantling existing structures to cobble together their own janky constructions -- or through molding various bodily secretions and mucuses and whatnot. goblins who built things using both methods at once would be considered exceptional architects but also run the highest risk of creating an interior space of infinite size.

visual content to balance my babbling

Hypothetically it would be awesome if it could be screen printed onto like a 70"x70" shower curtain so I could get lost in the marvels of Corpses Christy until my skin got all wrinkly and started sloughing off.
But failing that yeah I would absolutely get a poster sized one.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 23, 2020