Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's nice to play Mafia sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

uhh... is launch all liars still a thing?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

uhh... is launch all liars still a thing?

lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

it's nice to play (as) Mafia sometimes

Aha!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

hambeet (2): sandnavyguy, yuming
Amnistar (1): hambeet
Spoonsy (1): Amnistar
Grandicap (1): Tom Tucker
Tom Tucker (0): hambeet, hambeet

Not Voting (8): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A gross misrepresentation of sombers post. It's like you are adding words that aren't even there!?
##vote Opop

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys just saying here what I said in Amni's game - going downtown on the day (I'm in Manhattan), so will not be around most of today. I'll check in before 8

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Agreed!

Also thanks for the awesome book, I have been meaning to say that for ages, apologies for taking so long!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed!

Also thanks for the awesome book, I have been meaning to say that for ages, apologies for taking so long!

Hahahaha I completely forgot about that, wonderful! That feels like it was a year ago now.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nobody is posting! How am I supposed to solve the game like this?

##vote yuming for having the fewest posts

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Uhuh. Yeah good point.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Weekends are bad for participation. It should ramp back up tomorrow I assume.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going camping tonight and then tomorrow is OpopJr's birthday so I won't be around much. Please catch scum and then I'll come in and vote for the leader, thanks

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Weekends are very bad for games, unless you’re crazed enough to set a full 48 hour day completely over a weekend...

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Do we not have a votefinder image or am I missing it?

Didn't realize this was such a small game! ##vote Tom tucker

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Looks like a problem with Votefinder. The image link is there and the imaged to be, I think, it just doesn't show up now (even when I copy-paste a fresh link from the Votefinder page).

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Checking in no one has come anywhere close to anything even slightly resembling my scumnail TM on Grandicap so...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah i think votefinder is broke

also tt put the most effort in so far so i dont think i will vote them.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

hambeet posted:

yeah i think votefinder is broke

also tt put the most effort in so far so i dont think i will vote them.

I'm sorry? What effort?
There is his self aggrandizing first post where he talks about his "Hot Streak". A setup spec post. And a thin case on me.

This is not a take down of TT because I think his content is fine for this stage of the game, I take offense to beet for saying he won't vote Tom for what has amounted to very little thus far.

##vote Hambeet

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Didn't realize this was such a small game! ##vote Tom tucker

Mind elaborating on this vote Somber?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Not at all

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok then, please elaborate Somber.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Way to kill joke phase grandicap

I renounce your coolness

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

hambeet posted:

Way to kill joke phase grandicap

I renounce your coolness

Oh no!
Joke's on you though, I only sought your validation on my coolness, because within myself I knew that I have never been cool.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So you have taken what I never rightly could have called my own.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Oh no!
Joke's on you though, I only sought your validation on my coolness, because within myself I knew that I have never been cool.

I’m a lie detector and this post speaks true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I'm sorry? What effort?
There is his self aggrandizing first post where he talks about his "Hot Streak". A setup spec post. And a thin case on me.

This is not a take down of TT because I think his content is fine for this stage of the game, I take offense to beet for saying he won't vote Tom for what has amounted to very little thus far.

##vote Hambeet

I mean that is still more effort than anyone has put into the game so far!

I won't vote for TT today because he has efforted and made an amusing post so that is enough to give him a D1 pass in my mind.

Vote me too Grandicap

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also won't vote for grandicap today because he told us about real life stress he is having and I am a easily swayed by pathos

Also will not vote RF because I always do and I respect Dads who put aside mafia for their kids birthday (my kids birthday is Wednesday and I will be celebrating so no one vote me either, thanks)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You love doing poo poo like this on purpose, drat you.

Not a way to get on my "will not vote" list

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like that beet and amni are performing in thread so we don't suspect they are really scum together. I see through you guys though

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean that is still more effort than anyone has put into the game so far!

I won't vote for TT today because he has efforted and made an amusing post so that is enough to give him a D1 pass in my mind.

Vote me too Grandicap

The problem isn't with not voting TT, it's with expressing unwillingness to do so for the whole day. The day isn't over, the majority of the day took place over the weekend. His level of effort was higher than other players but his level of effort is not high. This has been a low engagement game so far, taking someone out of consideration before anything has really happened is silly and bad and wrong. I think beet was looking for a reason to drop a read and that's what he came up with. Something very shallow and surface level. Allows him to engage without engaging. It isn't a real read.
That is why I am voting him.

I am probably not going to have my vote land on TT either, but closing that door is silly based on what he has posted.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I also won't vote for grandicap today because he told us about real life stress he is having and I am a easily swayed by pathos

Also will not vote RF because I always do and I respect Dads who put aside mafia for their kids birthday (my kids birthday is Wednesday and I will be celebrating so no one vote me either, thanks)

Please don't do this. Getting called an idiot on the internet is how I destress. If you think I have scummy content, vote me for that scummy content. I don't need a pass for my real life stress, everyone has some. I only shared because I was roundabout asked about it.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Grandicap posted:

Please don't do this. Getting called an idiot on the internet is how I destress. If you think I have scummy content, vote me for that scummy content. I don't need a pass for my real life stress, everyone has some. I only shared because I was roundabout asked about it.

You're an idiot.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks Amni, that really means a lot.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Grandicap posted:

The problem isn't with not voting TT, it's with expressing unwillingness to do so for the whole day. The day isn't over, the majority of the day took place over the weekend. His level of effort was higher than other players but his level of effort is not high. This has been a low engagement game so far, taking someone out of consideration before anything has really happened is silly and bad and wrong. I think beet was looking for a reason to drop a read and that's what he came up with. Something very shallow and surface level. Allows him to engage without engaging. It isn't a real read.
That is why I am voting him.

I am probably not going to have my vote land on TT either, but closing that door is silly based on what he has posted.

it's funny, i was following a similar line thought as i was reading through the last few posts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Hey man it was just D1, I was going to go full force on you tomorrow when you inevitably said something dumb and scum, but I will respect your wishes and ##vote grandicap for that awful beet vote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like trying to say my poo poo joke about tt was me trying to ease in with a read on day 1..... wow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the irony is so palpable i no longer need supplements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

it's funny, i was following a similar line thought as i was reading through the last few posts.

So wait, you are saying you you WERE looking for a place to drop a read?

preview edit:

hambeet posted:

like trying to say my poo poo joke about tt was me trying to ease in with a read on day 1..... wow.

Oh! Now I see, yeah, agreed!