Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Look at all the cool people in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Like me?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Oh good, with TT and Somber we're full! Everyone join the Discord and I'll get role PMs out right away!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

xopods posted:

Oh good, with TT and Somber we're full! Everyone join the Discord and I'll get role PMs out right away!

Wait, before the game starts I need to know if hambeet thinks I'm cool. It is of the utmost importance.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Especially you grandicap

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks Beet.

Xopods, you now have my leave to send out role PMs.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Though they thought they knew what they were getting themselves into, the experience was more confusing than any of the monks had expected. Brief glimpses through the eyes of the Colossus mingled with snatches of voices - the inner monologues of the other minds.

Eventually, they started to adapt to the situation. It was clear, however, that despite their training, they were far from being "of one mind." One would attempt to move the Colossus's leg only to find it yanked in another direction, or would become distracted by the yammering voices around them.

There was a lot of work to be done if they were going to figure out how to work together and truly become a single entity. What was more, it seemed as if not everyone was truly on board with the plan to begin with. A few of the minds now whirling about inside the Colossus's stone head seemed to have an agenda of their own, one quite contrary to the interests of Aldersrange.

The game has begun!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Amnistar, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, sandnavyguy, Somberbrero, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy, Tom Tucker, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Shall we begin with the tea ceremony?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Godhead godhead! We're doing a godhead!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Super weird having a sense of self melt away and being part of a collective unconsciousness, huh?
Is that craving I have for peanut butter really my mind, or just the will of this loose collection of minds?
Really makes you think. I mean, when I was a regular monk, I totally could rock some peanut butter, but now is it me thinking it or us thinking it, you know? Is there even a difference any more?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am here and have a role pm.

##vote Spoonsy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I have one goal in every game, and that is to launch merk. This game will be no different ##vote merk

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yo

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just promise us that for the flavor when the game is over we get to see everyone's role pms in an unreadable jumble of an overlay

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Votefinder image and player list are now in the OP, sorry for forgetting that.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Inside Out ancient golem style. I like it. I call anxiety!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

OK Id players, take a look around. Take a look at this town here. You really think you're going to last through this? It's OK if you don't feel confident - I mean just look at my last three days 1s:

Harry Potter, nailed scum, town launched them day 4
Good Place, nailed scum, town launched them day 1
Mods collide, nailed scum, town launched them day 1

I'm on a hot streak and you KNOW I gotta let it ride. So I will make you all the same one-time offer.

Come forward. Reveal your scumbudd(ies), and we promise to launch you last. We'll even help you get a "useful result" for your power so you come out with a win.

I know I might not get any bites right now but let that little idea fester. Are you going to be the scum I spot day 1 this time, leaving either one or, much more likely in my book, two buddies to limp and potentially trip over each other stumbling towards the bronze medal of this game while you come out with a, oh what was it again...? Ah right!

xopods posted:

0 VPs: Abject failure

Even if I lose my streak do you see this player list of notorious scumhunters and think you really have a shot? Think it through. 2 points is better than none.

I don't really expect anyone to take me up on it now, heck maybe just because you're feeling sporting about it. What I DO expect is for one of you to be dead before Day 2 and regret that you didn't come forward and I want that to be the first thing you think about when the walls close in - you could have had the win.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

Inside Out ancient golem style. I like it. I call anxiety!

sorry i already have it :ohdear:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote tt

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

godsdammit

##vote tt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Braiinnnsssss

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hambeet you seem scared

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

sorry i already have it :ohdear:

What and leave me with the unused Anticipation or Surprise?

By Plutchik, Now that just won't do.

##vote hambeet

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am proud of you for finding an actual explotable loophole in xopods rules that I would 100% push to follow if this weren't a non-repeating set-up that xopods has spent the last month+ waiting for it to fill up.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Everyone please weigh in about my post. How does it make you feel?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote hambeet

If you werent scared before you better be now beet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Mildly amused by the hubris, doesn't move the needle much for me in regards to your alignment

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mildly amused by the hubris, doesn't move the needle much for me in regards to your alignment

^
Townie vibes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hambeet you seem scared

i gazed too long into the abyss

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Townie vibes Hambeet too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tom Tucker posted:

Tl;dr

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote hambeet

i guess you'll have to wait to find out

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

it reminds me of my father...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you werent scared before you better be now beet

you beeter believe it

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Don't worry Amnistar the game isn't solvable, it's well designed in the regard. The key factors include the win conditions and powers (if any) of the madness player, which could disrupt any cross-win-condition deal.

Another and potentially even more disruptive obstacle is the unknown number of Superego players. Id and Ego aligned players can hope to use their powers to get a point as they will have multiple opportunities to do so if they live long enough. Superego players have a paradoxical role - they need the game to go on as long as possible to maximize the chance they are night-kill targeted, but they also need the game to go as quickly as possible because they need to vote for scum then die. If they think they have found scum they paradoxically don't want that scum to get launched, they want to continue voting them each day, which will earn them end-of-day-scum votes towards their 50%, AND make it more likely the still alive scum will want to nightkill them to shut them up.

It is, paradoxically, the superego-aligned players who may be the gravest threat to the town. Ego players are encouraged to play selfishly by living, Superego players are encouraged to play selfishly by dying... If they play their game to the highest potential they could potentially work against the town - refusing to hammer if they think a player is town resulting in a no launch, swapping votes suddenly at the end of the day, heck their role may even encourage them to fake-claim a power role to draw a night kill, or lie when voted for to avoid a launch before they've been targeted by a kill.

The "selfless" superego players are more trouble then I think most people have thought about. They add an uncertain element into an already volatile mix. Ironically it may be the Ego and Superego players who are forced to compromise...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

It made me chuckle.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

Townie vibes Hambeet too.

this guy gets it

##vote amnistar for not wanting to solve the game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Grandicap posted:

It made me chuckle.

humour can be a coping mechanism. is there anything you are trying to cope with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Grandicap posted:

It made me chuckle.

Scum vibes. Obliquely sycophantic yet detached air reeks of a scum player who felt obligated to reply but was uncomfortable doing so. Minimum content, dismissive, yet not directly. You can almost smell the seed of doubt that was planted that sprouted into this minimalist paradigm of a first scum post.

All warfare is psychological.

##vote Grandicap