Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I can only play in one game. It will be this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

This is a good question. I was going to do majority, but you make a good point.

The main problem with plurality lunching is that maybe the lack of vote movement makes it harder for Town to get reads, and maybe the lack of deadline rushes will lead to the thread stagnating.

I'll have to think about this a bit. If anyone else cares to opine, feel free.

Instant run off voting!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am here and have a role pm.

##vote Spoonsy

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am proud of you for finding an actual explotable loophole in xopods rules that I would 100% push to follow if this weren't a non-repeating set-up that xopods has spent the last month+ waiting for it to fill up.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom, even if the plan is flawed, I personally don't want to pursue it day 1 regardless, because it has hte potential to make this not a game. I'm happy to pursue this line of thinking closer to end-game, after I've gotten to play mafia for awhile, but leading with it is something I dislike because I don't want to stiffle my enjoyement, or the enjoyment of others, by pursuing a strategy that is intended to simply break the game.

That said, if we're 1-2 days into the game, I would absolutely love to re-visit this strategy, because I can easily see there being a collective win condition ironed out, especially if we get down to 1 scum left.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I will take smug pride in the fact that getting misdunked in this game actually makes the people who do it less likely to win.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Well, in this case I mean that the act of voting me is working against one of the three victory conditions of vanilla town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

you're assuming i read the op

Ahright, faair. If I've learned anything modding games, it's that players don't read.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

aaaaaaand alcohol

Oh! Are you back to drunk posting again? I know you took a break for awhile for some reason (that I think was relaated to health?). If so, WELCOME BACK drunkbeet.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Must be confusing you with someone else then! Nevermind.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

what's scumdoc like?

you haven't posted in it yet, so it's lonely.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Please don't do this. Getting called an idiot on the internet is how I destress. If you think I have scummy content, vote me for that scummy content. I don't need a pass for my real life stress, everyone has some. I only shared because I was roundabout asked about it.

You're an idiot.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that RF point about Nep is solid, that was a very crafted post by Nep, ##vote Nep

##vote hal

This isn't sitting well with me, mostly a gut read, but that's where I stand right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

of the two vote leaders, ##vote grandicap

I don't think the case on nep-nep is very compelling.

Would prefer to to go for hal based on gut.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

If I weren't a current vote leader, would you still be voting me, or is this a consolidation vote?

consolidation vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I was very angry for my day 1 death, but I did find the SK and scum for you town.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sorry misremembered. Went from 1 scum to another. Forgive me i died so long ago this game is foggy. ;-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I didn't move any votes to me. I consolidated onto scum when I knew I wouldn't be active in the thread near deadline. Then when I came back I was dead.