Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

This sounds interesting, I’ll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Inside Out ancient golem style. I like it. I call anxiety!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

sorry i already have it :ohdear:

What and leave me with the unused Anticipation or Surprise?

By Plutchik, Now that just won't do.

##vote hambeet

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

spacing in vienna posted:

It's Disney, right? I got Disney+ so I can see Hamilton, it's probably on there too. I'll have to check it out.

It’s a good Pixar film. I was kind of riffing on it’s use of plutchik emotions and the fact that for some reason they arbitrarily cut out surprise and anticipation, 2 of the primary emotions. They use the rest by name even.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

spacing in vienna posted:

.... I had good seats to see Hamilton in July that were an early birthday present, just wanted to whine about some #firstworldproblems

That’s an AWESOME birthday present, I’m a theater geek and I love Hamilton’s soundtrack but can’t afford tickets. My friend got some in a lottery a while ago, I was quite jealous.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well, I guess joke phase is over. In that case I'll ##vote Nep, mostly because of their wordy posts and the fact I can't really argue with the position of those already voting them.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Jose Valasquez posted:

This "Nep-nep made one serious post so she's scum" bandwagon kinda skeeves me out.

Especially stuff like this:

Nep-nep has made one game related post, not a bunch of "wordy posts"

Actually... you're absolutely right. I mixed Nep up with TT for some odd reason and thought they were the one to make that interesting but flawed "All scum cometh unto me" post. looking back, she actually DIDN'T post... anything? except a couple shortlength posts a while back. So, ##unvote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

This is sandnavyguy's second game, right? Or is he an alt?

My second. But yeah newbie won't save me this time I'll be more careful to reread properly in the future :)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Right now I'm not getting major scum vibes from anyone, and honestly having reread a couple of times I'm more inclined to believe Grandi and Nep are BOTH trying in their own way to up momentum in an otherwise slow D1.

Which seems to lean more toward town imo because of the superego win condition of needing a scum lunch.

letting everything float lazily in silence to a no-lunch is a madness and Id strategy, so really we should be looking at the low count posters I think. Spoonsy, for example, hasn't really contributed much to the conversation.

What are your thoughts on Nep and Grandi Spoonsy?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

[quote="sandnavyguy" post="505537163"]
letting everything float lazily in silence to a no-lunch is a madness and Id strategy, so really we should be looking at the low count posters I think. Spoonsy, for example, hasn't really contributed much to the conversation.
/quote]

I get this about Id, but why do you say Madness benefits from a no-lunch?

A hunch based on the OP, since Madness's flavor says they want it to go on as long as possible, a slow drain on people over several days seems like a valid strat for xopods to give out that balences well with the other wincons. So multiple deaths a cycle (a day lunch and possible multiple night kills) would run counter to that.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spoonsy posted:

Honestly only reason I played anything at all this week is Mods Collide is a strict 24 off/48 on schedule with a lurker gun.

I don't have a strong enough feeling on the Nep stuff other than "it's too verbose", which yeah it is, but I don't see how that's lunchable.

Spoonsy posted:

We're going to get a very stupid train leading to a lunch over the course of the next two and a half hours aren't we?

These are the only two posts Spoonsy's submitted since the end of Joke Phase, one lukewarm read on Nep and a low content dismay over the lunch conversations without any constructive input as to why they feel we are going off the rails with our current leads.

They did say they wouldn't be around alot but Im putting my vote where my mouth is, ##vote spoonsy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Tom's activity since his performance is definitely disconcerting, beach house or no, but I do think the early stuff is still pretty townie

I dunno, I still think the opener and followup posts were pretty sketch. Outside of being performative, it just doesn't feel like it would work at all, which they probably knew, so although obviously we weren't getting serious yet it feels like an opening gambit. I'm actually leaning toward maybe a 3p or madness vibe from that honestly.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't have any strong feelings about it in terms of how it makes me feel about your alignment but it does indicate to me that you've given a fair amount of thought to this setup already (further supported by your followup post about ego/superego conditions) which I consider a positive for the quality of the game.

Retro Futurist posted:

Woods posting: TT has barely put in effort but that's still more than anyone else.
Nep's response felt the most thought out so they'd be my pick and I'm surprised Tom didn't say "trap sprung" yet

I mean, the post is articulated well and thought out, but I dont see that as neccesarily inorganic. after all, there was an hour and 13 minutes between TT's post and Nep's response, plenty of time to assess the post especially as there wasn't much substance to chew on at that point. I'm on Nep's side with this one, just because the argument doesnt hold water.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

I am in agreement with you.

Sorry to say, I'm town. I'm posting a lot, but that's because I want a lot of info to bounce off of later. Still, I'm really not liking the grandi push, I think you might very well be town. Hambeet I dunno, you have alot of posts so we'll see how they stack up after the flip I guess.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

I was saying I think you are town.
At least I was saying I was agreeing with beet wrt his read of you, which I thought he was saying he thought you were town.

But my track record in understanding what beet is saying is p. low, so I have no idea.

oh. I got that backwards but since I was being honest everything I said still counts.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Huh, thanks scum good call on NEP, though I’m a bit concerned about the boon . Possibly empowerment en masse? Now to hunt y’all down.

Sticking with what I said previously, I’m curious why spoonsy came back in, gave a weak handed omgus, then continued to contribute nothing to the convo til the bell rung and they hammered amni home.

##vote spoonsy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I have no problem hard claiming soon, but If we’re soft claiming then I’m ego as well. It’s slow as molasses in here, but here are my reads so far:

Town:

Yuming
Somber
Myself

Leaning town:

Grandi
Retro
SiV

Neutral read:

TT
Hambeet
Hal

Possibly scum:

Spoonsy
Jose V

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Somberbrero posted:

Sand why am I town?

Honestly I had you as a neutral read until N1, but as it is your posts D1 seemed on point for hunting down scum. You weren’t part of the mass Grandi push And I felt like you were actively trying to scum hunt.

That’s not much info in and of itself, but your replies today to Yuming and now myself, where you question my position on you even though I think you may be town, points to someone sniffing out contradictions or setting traps with limited information rather than straight up chaos with more info at your fingertips.

I’d be more concerned if you jumped on board without question.

Actually, If NEP wasn’t flipped I’d peg this as odd 3p behavior but as it is I think it’s a town game from a superego “kill me pls but also kill scum” position

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Jose Valasquez posted:

sng had the most concerning vote on Nep, but I'm honestly not sure how to read the turnaround. Maybe it was an honest mistake by town? Maybe it was a scum panic on getting called out? I'm not sure yet.

Like I said before, honest mistake. I had suspicions over TT's opening gambit, and since I thought that everyone was talking about their wordy posts (including the gambit) I was on board with voting TT. I just didn't realize it was TT and not Nep who wrote it. Basically the unvote was because on a reread I just didn't see the Nep push at all. I still would entertain a TT vote though as my misattributed read still stands.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I'm not quite sure I agree on a SiV push, I have them leaning town based on their level of activity and their scum hunting. Plus, they are right that we can't condemn them for BOTH pushing Nep and having a bad case.That doesn't make sense and in addition if SiV were scum they certainly wouldn't want to lunch someone else, nk Nep, and then have them flip presumably town and put SiV in hot water to defend the push.

IMO There wasn't enough evidence present for Scum to know that Nep was 3p, and it was a lucky fluke. It is then likely that they felt Nep was town. So It is likely that a D1 NK would be put on a presumed Townie that had little or no connective tissue to the weak scumhunting arguments to help prevent suspicion in the early game.

Therefore, It seems to me like those with dedicated Nep entanglements are less likely to be scum.

Thus, I feel Siv is leaning town instead of scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And I hope Yuming isn't scum, because then that would cast Somber in the leaning town pool and leave me all alone in my notes as the only solid townie with a sea of neutral reads.

Don't send me back to square 1 Yuming. Be townie. :sun:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spoonsy posted:

I feel like scum got really, really lucky on pulling the 3p out of the hat night one.

Indeed, and though I'm happy for you and your scum buddies, we really need a scum lunch today so vote spoonsy y'all :eng101:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

##unvote siv yeah i'm backtracking on this

Beet, have you heard the good word of voting spoonsy? :catholic:

Also, spoonsy, My case for you is contingent entirely on your passivity the whole game, and your odd post actions end of D1. I know you gave an explanation of the amni vote already but I still feel it's weak and the fact that jose v, another of my scum choices, immediately backed you up makes me skeptical. I am open to more info or another possible scum hunt argument from you that could give weight to your township, but until then my picket still stands.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ah cmon somber.

That would be pretty blatant, but honestly I’m town. In fact, I’m down to claim with whoever whenever. But not alone cause that gives me zero benefits and no real incentive.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

As I said before, based on y’alls interactions with one another, I believe there’s two possible scum buddy pair combinations.but NOT both. My gut feels both somber and yuming are town. Other than that, spoonsy and Jose feel scum. Everyone else is in neutralville. If one of you four flip, in combination with our night actions it will either lend credence or Swap you two pairs in my estimation. So, I want spoonsy or Jose to flip. If you are town spoonsy I’ll try to avenge.

But

I think I’m right.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I hope not! I need to survive til the end. Plus I dont exactly see a push for me yet. But I’d LOVE to be a candidate for a night kill. :)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

if you were scum would you honestly tell us?

Of course not :p

But in this particular game I don’t think I’ve been playing like a good scum candidate anyway.

Put another way, if I seem like I’m acting odd, it’s because I want to taunt the scum. With my role and the rules the way they are, If they attempt to night kill me I’ll spring a trap, I fully plan on not being lunched since I’m a purely beneficial role once we start claiming, and that will satisfy one win condition: survive til end. Hopefully regardless we will hunt down the last 3-4 scum and satisfy condition 1 (town wins) but if it all goes off the rails I’ll still be safe with a standard victory by game endBut I’d love for town to win and get that juicy legendary victory.

We already have lost Madness, and with the word of god stating that there’s no more 3p present I’m comfortable with this lay of the land. Aka, I’m lucky scum killed NEP. Thanks y’all!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Mafia edit: word of god being the OP.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

hambeet posted:

no i said sng was good yesterday and yuming agreed which i'm totally okay with.

Thanks beet! I still have you as a neutral read but we’ll see what today’s lunch flip and N2 brings to my notes if anything.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m around, but my positions hold pretty much the same.

SiV you are a neutral read to me, and I worry that if we lunch you you’ll flip town and we’ll sink into bickering over who pushed you down who didn’t. To be honest nearly everyone seems to be ready to lunch you which I feel won’t end well

. If you DO end up flipping scum I’m going to have to claim D3 to prevent everyone calling me out for trying to protect you, so I really hope you don’t flip at all so I don’t have to run that risk of having to defend myself.

I was anti Grandi D1 but their lack of scumhunting prowess D2 after narrowly escaping D1 makes be begin to worry about scum since we are getting close,

Yuming is town, I’ll just repeat that to myself to make it true, (their recent posts actually help in my mind)

Somber is likely town if yuming is town,

Spoonsy actually posting has softened my outlook, but they aren’t out of the woods and I am certainly still okay with a spoonsy lunch but I’m no longer pushing it so hard. Still don’t like Jose’s posts, but other than that I’m hard neutral on y’all

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lots of town/neutral reads here, so who is scum? Put down a vote!

I did! Spoonsy.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well well, naughty naughty

Somebody tried to kill me last night. :)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Thankfully you took the bait last night! Thanks!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

Ummm, TT was killed last night, and Madness aligned already flipped?

Correct! Which means either A: one of the scum has a killing power aside from standard night kill, or B: someone in town took a gamble.

A is far more likely.

Either way, thankfully they took the bait from my acting yesterday and now my trap is sprung and I’m empowered again for second night in a row :)

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

This question as far as I know doesn’t harm town in any way, except that I won’t say what will happen to the person who tried to kill me, but:

If the person who attempted to kill me is town, speak now, so we can discuss it before I trigger phase 2 and kill us a scum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

No, only N2, my actions succeeded, which means I prevented a death on a marked player, and marked the player who visited me with... a special action. But when I trigger it I’ll get ANOTHER empowerment. So effectively two in a row!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

No, only N2, my actions succeeded, which means I prevented a death on a marked player, and marked the player who visited me with... a special action. But when I trigger it I’ll get ANOTHER empowerment. So effectively two in a row!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry phone posting doubled up my post

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Jose Valasquez posted:

:what:

Did you protect yourself or something? I don't understand what preventing a death on a marked player means when you said someone tried to kill you

Yes. I protected myself last night, and placed my mark on the player who visited me. Whoever did it tried to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Yes. I protected myself last night, and placed my mark on the player who visited me. Whoever did it tried to kill me.

That’s why I said I’d love to be Night killed when I was talking to Somber.