Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lamuella posted:

Part of this is good nuanced storytelling, but part of this is that Santana is a HUGE babyface who just doesn't know it. He talks about the Inner Circle like they're his family and he's devoted to them, and I can't listen to him without thinking "yes, this is a great guy, and he's absolutely right".

Yeah, but does he constantly mention how sexy they are though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I am very excited to watch this

BEEN A FUN YEAR AEW'ing WITH Y'ALL

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

In the morning I'm doing sausage and egg biscuits and coffee.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When I was a young lad I thought they were called Paper Views

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, but does he constantly mention how sexy they are though

He should!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1264265763889840128

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well that rules

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm just remembering back to wednesday when aew ended (great show lots of fun) then i watched some of the first episode of snowpiercer and started laughing uncontrollably when i realized they'd turned it into a police procedural

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cams posted:

i'm just remembering back to wednesday when aew ended (great show lots of fun) then i watched some of the first episode of snowpiercer and started laughing uncontrollably when i realized they'd turned it into a police procedural

I got spoiled about that in an article and it was simultaneously surreal and not surprising, if that makes sense

Honestly the only reason I have any hope for the Parasite show is because HBO's making it. Any other network and that poo poo would be DOA in a way everyone saw coming

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else having issues with the bleacher report site? brlive is redirecting me to a blank page.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rich man in the parasite tv show sitting in the back of an LS not even looking up from his phone: "poor people.. they are like a parasite." [loud booming noise for emphasis]

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Fenrir posted:

Anyone else having issues with the bleacher report site? brlive is redirecting me to a blank page.

Apparently a Chrome issue? try with another browser if you're on Chrome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American tv remaking Snowpiercer is hilarious

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Apparently a Chrome issue? try with another browser if you're on Chrome

It works okay for me on Chrome but I have to be sure all my adblockers are turned off.

I am hungover today but the hangover is starting to recede and I think I will order a nice greasy pizza just before the PPV to kill the last of it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

me watching snowpiercer: ah, i see, the twist they're doing with the televised snowpiercer is that he is not actually the pure and strong hero of the resistance, but he is also an informant! what an interesting wrinkle and way to avoid re-treading the same gr-

snowpiercer: WELL YOU'RE THE ONLY FORMER HOMICIDE DETECTIVE ON THIS TRAIN, GUY FROM HAMILTON

me: no fuckin way

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Holy poo poo what? God, make it a police procedural is the saddest way to adapt anything.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I hope this show is good and fun because I need that today real bad

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Holy poo poo what? God, make it a police procedural is the saddest way to adapt anything.

I was a bit annoyed when they did this to Lucifer. Like the comic is a story with some fairly strong themes in terms of faith, how people perceive Satan and God, what power does to sentient beings, and they made it a loving cop show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1264257858536759296
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1264258716557168640

I really hope it’s bonkers

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 23, 2020

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Me too but i remember how much they raved about mox v hagar and it wasn't what was advertised.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you know, watching the hype video for Cody vs Lance, I missed a narrative beat in the story; Jake seeing Lance as a combination proxy son/protege, like he can somehow help him get the career he was denied, which i feel there's a LOOOOOT of bitterness and resentment from his real life baked into that

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Food for tonight? Dunno, but there will be many stone cold margaritas consumed.

Recipe: Over rocks, combine 2 shots of Anejo (aged) Tequila, 1 shot of Cointreau, 1 shot of key lime juice, and a little bit of agave nectar. Shake and pour into a rocks glass with a salted rim. Then before you start downing it, float (or at least sort of attempt to float) 1 shot of Grand Marnier.

This is even somewhat relevant to the thread since it's kinda modified from Stone Cold Steve Austin's recipe. Also, because you drink more than two and you're stone cold on the floor, thanks to 4 shots of liquor in each one.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The Croc posted:

Me too but i remember how much they raved about mox v hagar and it wasn't what was advertised.

True, but I have a lot more faith in the talent involved in the Stadium Stampede than I do in a Jake Hagar

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

boxcarhobo posted:

I hope this show is good and fun because I need that today real bad

Snowpiercer airs tomorrow

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Croc posted:

I like everyone in this match more than Moxley or Hagar so I’m feeling good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

StarkRavingMad posted:

True, but I have a lot more faith in the talent involved in the Stadium Stampede than I do in a Jake Hagar

I know what you mean but I'm still amused that Hager is one of the talents you're talking about

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

you know, watching the hype video for Cody vs Lance, I missed a narrative beat in the story; Jake seeing Lance as a combination proxy son/protege, like he can somehow help him get the career he was denied, which i feel there's a LOOOOOT of bitterness and resentment from his real life baked into that

Turns out that if you can get him to stop being a creep, Jake Roberts is a breathtaking and nuanced storyteller!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm going to watch this week's Dynamite, because I haven't yet. Set myself in the mood for this afternoon.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jake should cut a really proud promo about lance after he wins the belt, and hug him and call him "son" and then lance should do that claw thing to jake as a way of writing him off and getting lance a little more over to tie that situation up. then jake can move on to teaching promos. but broadly. no content advice

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lamuella posted:

Turns out that if you can get him to stop being a creep, Jake Roberts is a breathtaking and nuanced storyteller!

I can't get over him stepping on his snake a few weeks ago during the Brandi thing :colbert:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When I was a young lad I thought they were called Paper Views

I'm old enough to have gone to the PPV channel on cable and be able to listen to a perfect audio feed with a scrambled picture.

That's how I learned Owen Hart died. :smith:

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 23, 2020

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Looks like a great show. I don't have to work early tomorrow so I can stay up and watch this.

I hope Kenny Omega remembers that he has other obligations and cannot attend.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
just watched the countdown show and it was really good. got me quite more invested in a couple of matches I was kinda not totally feeling the build for and even more hype for the ones I was excited for. I also like how they sold the women's title match. probably the best build/package for a women's match yet.

ppv ordered and ready to go!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Its PPV day and my dog picked up on our excitement and now has mega zoomies

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

John Dudebro posted:

I am going to make nachos tonight and I am excited for them almost as much as I am for the show

:hfive: same!

I'm trying to rope some friends into watching this with me via the Discord stream thing but I don't think I'm going to get any takers :smith:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
free eric ciameralla or whatever his last name is

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
just had a good laugh remembering Wardlow no selling jurassic express hitting the ring as he sauntered away but then almost jobbing for the steel steps lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
aw man stupid mayor Dave probes

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My PPV snacks are just gonna be an irresponsible amount of ice cream and hi-chews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
a lot of lactose