Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Power moves are simple things you can do to assert your superiority, for example you might explain something really obvious to people to imply they're all dumber than you.

Some people might read this and assume this is a guide for men, but I want to be very clear here, these are proven techniques that work for anyone. Hell, these might even work BETTER for women.

POWER MOVE #1: The off menu order
This is incredibly impressive on a date or a business lunch, and it's really simple. Take them to a place you go to all the time and order something you know they don't have. The trick here is that you DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. Take this as high as you can, if the store manager refuses demand to talk to the regional manager.

Note: It's incredibly important you have scouted out this place thoroughly, I once ordered a hamburger at Olive Garden without realizing they now have hamburgers and I was mortified.

POWER MOVE #2: King of the hill
When you first meet the father of your S.O. (that means significant other) it's important to establish dominance quickly, but patience is rewarded. Wait until the right moment and trip him, as he hits the ground you should already be kneeling on his back. Do NOT let him up until he starts crying.

POWER MOVE #4: Confident counting
Skip a number when counting, if anyone calls you on it flip the table over and walk out of the room backwards without breaking eye contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Anythings a power move is you're powerful like me op :smug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you skipped number 3

power move #5: the joke step. whenever possible, treat somebody else's joke as ignorance or failure. if they try to explain it was a joke, look at them like they are dirt

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've always considered walking out of a movie a power move. I paid like $14+ bucks to be here.... and you're just gonna leave?

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Repeat everything the other person says. If they say "stop it" repeat that too. If they say something insulting to get you to repeat it change the pronouns so the sentence is about the os (original speaker).

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

terminal chillness posted:

Repeat everything the other person says. If they say "stop it" repeat that too. If they say something insulting to get you to repeat it change the pronouns so the sentence is about the os (original speaker).

I bet you're expecting someone to come in and repeat you, but guess what

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Power Move #7: leave em hanging

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Here's a two-for-one: dribbling just a tiny amount of urine around the areas you frequent will spread your pheromones and keep your lessers at bay. If you're in heat it might also attract potential mates -- reject the first one for a very petty reason.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Just punch people who disagree with you right in the loving jaw.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

poop on the floor

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Correct someone without acknowledging they ever said anything.

Just be like, "As we all know, Pokemon was originally released in 1996" and never even look in their direction.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Power move Turbo: ⬇️↘️➡️⬇️↘️➡️🤜x3

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'd say this is a good thread but I don't want to look weak

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Show them how all the poo poo they ever thought was garbage by example then reiterate that their position in life is cum sponge.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I'd say this is a good thread but I don't want to look weak

Should have gone with your first instinct, as a beta your best move is to suck up to the alphas.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

terminal chillness posted:

oh I HATE that!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

UltraRed posted:

I've always considered walking out of a movie a power move. I paid like $14+ bucks to be here.... and you're just gonna leave?

oh gently caress yeah. I've walked out of a couple of movies and every time it feels strangely liberating. Also leaving concerts if say, the band is having a bad night and one are more of the members are too hosed up to perform like at all.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big hat = Big power.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
-Send your coworkers on errands. Bonus if the errands are pointless. Examples: ask someone to go to the lunchroom refrigerator and move your lunch from the second shelf to the third shelf. Ask someone to dump out your coffee in the "good bathroom" on the third floor. Go up to them with a stapler and punch out a bunch of staples, and tell them to deliver these staples to the janitor. Casually refer to each of your coworkers as "errand boy". Only do it when you're alone with them so they think they're the only one you call that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you just want to find yourself a date, find someone really, really, really nerdy-looking and ask them if they are an INTJ. The power move is showing them your incredible horoscope skills.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 24, 2020

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tip posted:

Correct someone without acknowledging they ever said anything.

Just be like, "As we all know, Pokemon was originally released in 1996" and never even look in their direction.

Serious answer, this was something that a guy who was in a super high managerial position in Petrobrás (a big rear end oil company at the time) said without a hint of irony: If you're in a heated argument just pretend the other person isn't saying anything, if it's a phone call (this was a long long time ago) mute it and just speak over at your own pacing.

Also that guy made a ludicrous amount of money and was a huge piece of poo poo, but there you go.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 24, 2020

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Show up to the office an hour early and move your desk and computer into the bathroom. If anyone enters just scream, "I CAN'T HELP YOU RIGHT NOW I'M IN A MEETING!"

After a couple days replace the bathroom sign with one that says "Vice President of Strategic Operations".

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Unfinish3d posted:

Also leaving concerts if say, the band is having a bad night and one are more of the members are too hosed up to perform like at all.
make your way to the front of the crowd and just stand there frowning at them

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Take up two parking spots

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Tip posted:

POWER MOVE #2: King of the hill
When you first meet the father of your S.O. (that means significant other) it's important to establish dominance quickly, but patience is rewarded. Wait until the right moment and trip him, as he hits the ground you should already be kneeling on his back. Do NOT let him up until he starts crying.

The second time I met my wife's dad I felled a tree on his house. What kind of power levels is that?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Icochet posted:

The second time I met my wife's dad I felled a tree on his house. What kind of power levels is that?

Did you apologize?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tip posted:

Did you apologize?

I don't think so. It was pretty much his own fault, letting a drunk dude he barely knew do forestry in his yard

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Power Move #69420 - vote thread a 1

Power Move #42069 - use the #s 420 and 69 in any order at any time for any reason

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Icochet posted:

Icochet posted:

I don't think so. It was pretty much his own fault, letting a drunk dude he barely knew do forestry in his yard

Being a dumb embarrassment is the opposite of a power move friend.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Motherfucker posted:

How do you deal with it?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I dunno I've never done anything embarrassing in my life.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Going down to the base in one swoop

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Motherfucker posted:

Your post radiates weakness

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
POWER MOVE #LARGE: Never use numbers, only words that describe your penis.

POWER MOVE #IMPRESSIVE: Lie about your penis.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I maintain expressionless eye contact, never uttering a word, until they look away like the dogs they are. You can do this in any situation to assert your dominance.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Taser.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
Power Move #0: if two thermodynamic systems are each in thermal equilibrium with a third one, then they are in thermal equilibrium with each other

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Re power move #4

I did this irl for years: I bartended at a busy lounge for a decade; I suck at math. On Friday and Saturday nights there was a line at the bar 5 people wide and 5 deep for 3 or 4 hours. Half the time they would be ordering for a table. You whip out their drinks, (I had a trick pour gimmick move that ROCKED yay) round the prices up and down to a whole dollar amount in your head in one tenth of a second, add 25 or 50 cents to that, say it with complete confidence and they hand you the money. PERIOD.

At the till I'd ring that amount as open liquor 23.50 or we

Saved SO much time, no one ever caught on.
I did it cocktailing too. On the blue moon where I was questioned, rattle the real prices off and adjust the last one to make the total correct. It wasn't about ripping anyone off it was a time saver.

If you want to steal you just don't ring it up at all. We made so much money that that was fairly rare.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Road rager power move: donning over the ear style hearing protection to get someone to gently caress off.

Barista power move: six drinks at a time on two double group machines and getting everything perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Spinz posted:

round the prices up and down to a whole dollar amount in your head in one tenth of a second, add 25 or 50 cents to that, say it with complete confidence and they hand you the money. PERIOD.

I've done this but by accident, no one had told me how much things cost or where the price list was (it was on the counter)
Someone complained and I was asked to leave, I didn't work there from that day onward
Or any other day really I was just a patron