Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

symbolic posted:

basing anything on Smash Bros is a fool's errand, unless you're also able to explain this?

This is simply a projection of Mario's inner psyche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Topic locked.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

basing anything on Smash Bros is a fool's errand, unless you're also able to explain this?

He's getting bigger from a mushroom.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hm. Canonical conclusive proof has been posted. Mods, lock and sticky this thread and post it in GBS as well as Games and hell, why not D&D for the gently caress of it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Hm. Canonical conclusive proof has been posted. Mods, lock and sticky this thread and post it in GBS as well as Games and hell, why not D&D for the gently caress of it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

This. I apologize for the error of my ways.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Jumpman is Mario and Luigi's father

source: the mario wiki. theres no reference but it is a wiki so its probably right

Anyone can edit it so tou know it’s right cos I’d it’s wrong someone who knew the right answer would fix it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Can anyone translate this to make sure we're not getting scammed?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hhahah sit the gently caress down retards

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
acting smug and cocky as gently caress as though i knew all along and had done all the research myslef after someone else does posts it: btfo tallfags LOL you probaly only played odyssey or whatever. you probably dont even like the mario series that much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
add some more red arrows to that poo poo so they can see it properly through their tears

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

acting smug and cocky as gently caress as though i knew all along and had done all the research myslef after someone else does posts it: btfo tallfags LOL you probaly only played odyssey or whatever. you probably dont even like the mario series that much

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blISF6skz60

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mushroom make big crew living large on this one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

looks like we can close the book on this one

I'm missing one kanji because they are hard, but:

quote:

スーパーマリォ・ファイアマリォは、敵にかまれても、元のマリォに ____ るだけで、

プレィャーダゥン(ミス)にはなりません。
google translates to

quote:

Super Mario Fire Mario, even if bitten by an enemy, just ____ to the original Mario,

It is not a play down (Miss).

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Mushroom make big crew living large on this one

Theres absolutely nothing that references Mario's size in this document. *calmly places goalposts back into their original positions*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres absolutely nothing that references Mario's size in this document. *calmly places goalposts back into their original positions*

I'm the gate keeper and the smaller mario is the regular one. There is a picture.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
like I've been saying all along, luigi is the one who starts big and gets small

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cubone posted:

They're twins. You can go to hell, troll.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I motion this thread be moved to BYOB and let them have final say, as impartial mediators to the discussion

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Arrhythmia posted:

They're twins. You can go to hell, troll.

no there not there bros.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cubone posted:

first of all, player 2 does not start Super Mario Bros as large luigi, so this is patently false.

but if it were true, then Luigi would grow even bigger when consuming a super mushroom, becoming triple the size of small (regular) mario, something too horrible to even contemplate.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cubone posted:

no there not there bros.

I can't believe we have to do this, but if they were regular brothers, they wouldn't be the same age in Yoshi's Island. Pull your head out of your rear end and resign your Big-Luigi theory to the same waste bin the Front and Back Mario is living in.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

first of all, player 2 does not start Super Mario Bros as large luigi, so this is patently false.

but if it were true, then Luigi would grow even bigger when consuming a super mushroom, becoming triple the size of small (regular) mario, something too horrible to even contemplate.
the player starts Super Mario Bros. 2 as large luigi, we've been over this. they had to make them the same sizes to save RAM, but they used luigi's size for the second game because he's the second brother. hello???

Arrhythmia posted:

I can't believe we have to do this, but if they were regular brothers, they wouldn't be the same age in Yoshi's Island. Pull your head out of your rear end and resign your Big-Luigi theory to the same waste bin the Front and Back Mario is living in.
WOW first of all they're not the same age in Yoshi's Island. just because they're babies? grow up. people are babies for like 2 years dude. sorry you think people are only babies for a day. grow up dude.

I'm not even going to dignify the rest of this, pottymouth, learn to make a point without swearing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cubone posted:

the player starts Super Mario Bros. 2 as large luigi, we've been over this. they had to make them the same sizes to save RAM, but they used luigi's size for the second game because he's the second brother. hello???
WOW first of all they're not the same age in Yoshi's Island. just because they're babies? grow up. people are babies for like 2 years dude. sorry you think people are only babies for a day. grow up dude.

I'm not even going to dignify the rest of this, pottymouth, learn to make a point without swearing

ok this is completely embarrassing to read. they are fraternal twins which means they are not identical but still born at the same time. mario is the older brother as twins are still born sequentially but they share a birthday. think a bit hjarder before you speak next time

Cubone
May 26, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

born at the same time.

born sequentially
you're insane.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cubone posted:

you're insane.

sounds like you cant attack the argument to me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
calm hitler DESTROYS confused mario talltard crust punk with SURGICAL PRECISION

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm unsettled by how it refers to the various forms of Mario in a plural sense. Maybe it's like Animorphs and the other versions of Mario are constantly stored in an antimatter dimension

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*that video from the PBF guy with the huge mario graveyard*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wait mario and luigi are twins?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

wait mario and luigi are twins?

How else would you explain yoshis island

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:eng99:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1287082384001847299

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*preparing to write one of those articles based entirely on anecdotal evidence that promotes origami as a confidence booster*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bigger Mario theory