Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Monster Train is a strategic roguelike deck building game with a twist. Set on a train to hell, you’ll use tactical decision making to defend multiple vertical battlegrounds. With real time competitive multiplayer and endless replayability, Monster Train is always on time.

I poo poo you not this is the next Slay The Spire. The trailer looked a bit mobile but I heard good things and they were accurate, this is a very polished deck builder with more of a tower defense slant than I expected.

* over 220 cards
* 5 monster clans with each very different gameplay
* Each clan has 10 levels to unlock, bringing new cards to your deck
* Upgrade your clan specific champion multiple times
* 88 artifacts
* Upgrade any card twice
* More than 21 unique random events
* 25 covenant (difficulty) levels

You have four lanes, three for combat and one for your health. Like a tower defender you need to prevent enemies getting to the top lane where your health is. Enemies usually start in the bottom lane, attack and then move up a lane if they survive until they reach the top and attack your core. As you can't play cards in the top lane you need to kill or heavily weaken enemies before they reach your core. While your core can defend itself it can't hold out for long against strong enemies or bosses.

Some enemies have skills like stealth to slip past your first lane and bosses are fond of lurking and spawning poo poo in your other lanes so a balance is required beyond trying to stuff your strongest units up front.
Similarly to slay the spire you have a choice in which direction your train goes, although this is only to side events/shops rather than encounters.

Surprisingly this also has an interesting sounding multiplayer with eight players and a time limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPXu1Yfvig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CZLFDACF70

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Even though I'm extremely sick of deck-builder roguelikes I bought this game and it's fun - I beat it on my very first run after exiting out of the tutorial run on the 3rd battle :haw:

It seems like it will be very easy to make absurdly overpowered builds with the way that spell and unit upgrading works, and the spell/unit synergies. I pretty much did nothing throughout this entire run except plop my champion on floor 1 then spammed my 4 0-cost Regen cards that always returned to the top of the draw pile after playing them. My champion was The Sentient who is a defensive wall that deals damage to the front enemy every time it gets healed - up to 60 damage when fully upgraded. So every single turn I had a guaranteed 300 damage for 0 mana cost plus whatever other cards I happened to draw. Very few enemies made it past the first floor and it was enough raw damage output to brute force all of the bosses.

Based on what I saw with how easy it was to earn gold and how super powerful the enhancements you buy with gold are I'm a little worried this will be too easy to keep things interesting, but beating it unlocked a challenge mode that I haven't tried yet so :shrug: And also I've only played one run so maybe The Awoken are unbalanced, or maybe I just got particularly lucky... but I didn't use any rare cards or anything that seemed hard to get.

Either way I really, really appreciate how short a run is in this game compared to Slay the Spire and all in all it only took about an hour (with a lot of time spent reading cards and generally bumbling around while I learned the game), I'm excited to unlock the other factions and see what they're all about.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 24, 2020

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yes I read the easiest way to win is to use the sentient due to the healing/retribution interplay and Sting letting you do way too much. With streamers playing it the devs should have a lot of balance feedback.

Emberdrain is brutal and I'm not actually sure how to beat it yet

Carecat fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 24, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought this on a whim and after a couple of runs it seems pretty cool! I made it to what I think is the final boss on both of my attempts but then got the poo poo murdered out of me.

No way to delete a unit you've assigned somewhere, right? Other than to hope they get killed.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Not that I've seen but you can target them with spells

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Am I missing something or are the wax demons kind of terrible? The only success I've had with them was Wax/Umbra and making a really big burnout champion who just bludgeoned the first floor to death and giving him trample, which was basically just an Umbra run.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really like this. It feels really familiar after a couple dozen hours of StS, but different enough to be fresh and fun. I like the optional challenges you sometimes get offered, although I lost due to the one I took in my most recent run (400g reward - all enemies enter with 20 shield)

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Game is good, but I just can't complete any runs other than Stygian Hell spell weakness. I just can't figure out how to scale things as well as that does.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This game isn't as tight as StS but drat if I haven't been playing it a ton every day since it dropped.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Einwand posted:

Am I missing something or are the wax demons kind of terrible? The only success I've had with them was Wax/Umbra and making a really big burnout champion who just bludgeoned the first floor to death and giving him trample, which was basically just an Umbra run.

I like to spec the wax champion into reform and just chuck him in the highest room. Get some good burn out units and trick them out so he can constantly bring them back (the burn out reform gives stacks with native burnout so the units live longer every time they come back). I really like the 10/3 that has native multistrike, just get a tanky unit from your sub clan and let it go to town.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 25, 2020

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Einwand posted:

I actually beat it at Covenent 3 the first time I ever played them. I upgraded the Dregs to have with +5a/+10hp which lets them survive a single hit and do a bit more damage before you get the reforms going, and then cycle them as quickly as possible to keep buffing them up. The trick to reform is each time you do it you also add to the burnout buff increasing the next clock by one. You need burnout to be high otherwise they die to burning out instead of damage with bosses which costs you potential damage. I had 2 opera ladies at 2x25/40 and the thug who gives +20 gold on kill at 20/40 who I would just chuck up front to soak hits with their 40 health since they were more likely to time out then to die from damage, which gives the dregs more leeway. I also had the baron with the +5 gold on any death on his floor and lucked into a relic that gave me +5 gold on any of my own unit's deaths anywhere. Since I was trying to get my units killed as fast as possible that meant I never got below 600 gold even buying all 6 upgrades out of every shop. My minor deck was Stygia, I took a few consumable frostbite spells and a single one of the cold sweepers to apply frostbite and gave her +10 damage and quick to clear the squishy ranged minions that hide in the back. She sometimes became very powerful through reforming depending on how I wanted to place things, occasionally I would just chuck her in front to kill her as soon as possible to let me start cycling her. All stat and keyword increases stick to units through reforming so you can really tool up a few units through letting them die and playing the normal buff cards on them.

Now I really want to try a Purple/Red imp deck, because without endless imps are basically little cantrip units and I never really figured them out other than the armor imp to cover an important unit or the occasional molting imp to clear those annoying high damage low health stacks you occasionally see.

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Game is good, but I just can't complete any runs other than Stygian Hell spell weakness. I just can't figure out how to scale things as well as that does.

I think a lot of it is playing to the strengths of your chosen clans, AND having a plan for end game bosses. Because of the relentless mechanic normal bosses and enemies have to be handled very differently. For normal enemies you can throw a chump blocker out front since you can replace it next turn, but for a boss you need something that can survive and dish out damage multiple turns because once combat starts you can't influence anything. I think the easiest early game build out of the opening decks is Awoken taking spikes for your champion and then taking a ton of +health, healing, and spikes spells. Always take the spell that full heals all your units that also for some insane reason costs 0, it's maybe one of the most powerful unupgraded cards in the game and it's in the same faction that gives you 1 cost minions that can be healed to 85.

The thing with some of the bosses is I think it's hard to just knock them down solely through combat, especially seraph, unless you have insanely tooled up your units where they're hitting in the mid hundreds AND you also have created a huge tank to soak multiple rounds of damage. Personally I think spikes and frostbite are great additives for boss killing because of how they stack repeatedly and fire every round of combat, so a boss is still getting 5 or 6 rounds of frostbite damage minimum before they move on to the next floor. The math means frostbite is even better on bosses than on normal enemies since normal units will only take one round of frostbite per floor.

Also always be looking for degenerate combos. I lucked out with one of the Awoken plants that starts with like 3 multiattack at 3 damage each, and was able to make her quick, gave her +10 attack, and then lucked into the hellvent that duplicated her x5. When you add in damage buff cards I had 5 fully upgraded units with quick spitting out 75+ damage each all for 1 cost. Once I had that set up I don't think any normal did damage to me for the rest of the game. I think the game is designed for you to fully upgrade one or two key cards and then either duplicate them or build the rest of the deck around them.

Also as mentioned this game is actually really good. First three decks are basically Red Green and Blue out of magic but the latter 2 decks are really weird and I like that the developer came up with styles I hadn't really seen that often in this type of game. The multi floor system takes a bit getting used to but thinking about it as making a gauntlet is a cool take and different than your units just bashing each other until someone is dead. I haven't quite figured out how to get the best use out of ascend/descend but pro tip for anyone who wants to try: it lets you ignore the normal capacity limit for a floor, so I bet there's some kind of deck there where you set up one superfloor with seven different high capacity units just smashing the poo poo out of anyone who gets close.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 25, 2020

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

This is a really good game! I'm super burnt out on the "decklite" StS genre right now but if you're picking this up as something fresh it's a lot of fun.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Einwand posted:

I started a run and got the "whenever you give burnout give +3" and hoo that made poo poo hilarious. Usually I find it very tenuous in that if you have a unit without burnout or give a unit burnout you're extremely fighting entropy. You're only going to draw yknow x amount of cards and each card will generally only be able to give you x amount of burnout to sustain your units so eventually they'll flash out. This isn't a major issue for your own wax units but trying to have any kind of hybrid deck makes it a liability because mass applying burnout will kill your units that don't have it intrinsically very quickly and then make it very difficult to revive them. If, however, you apply many stacks with one application your resources change and you can just poo poo out your massive units over and over with no fear of burning out.

Basically I had a run showed me how to stop worrying and love the burnout.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Possibly dumb question but is this also single player or what?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Cuntellectual posted:

Possibly dumb question but is this also single player or what?

Yeah! It's mostly single player, the multiplayer mode is just a timed simultaneous run of up to 8 players. Ie, you all play the same game seed at the same time, with the winner being the one who makes it to the end with the most points.

Regarding the wax units, let me show you the KEYS to the kingdom
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I won my third run :unsmith: Just took the green people and focused on buffing the hero unit with a shitton of thorns and rage cards so she was tanky and beefy as gently caress

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Prokhor posted:

Basically I had a run showed me how to stop worrying and love the burnout.

Yeah wax demons was the first time I expanded into galaxy brain mode and killed one of my own units with a spell to make room and reset his health.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Thorns are insanely good. I had my champion up to 79 thorns and 18 regen on the last boss. The last boss, who had a fairly weak 5x multishot. He didn't last very long.

Then I unlocked a card that does 10x the amount of thorns on a unit damage to the first enemy. There's some pretty game breaking combos in this game :v:

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

The game is pretty fun but it really bugs me that its just 1 train car that you move up and down instead of going through multiple cars horizontally like you know, an actual train. I mean half of these monsters have wings so why would they always start at the bottom anyway?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Found the daily quest, it's under multiplayer. You get updates on the simultaneous players (up to 100?) and can see their progress.

The modifiers are quite nuts, today has double status, everyone has higher stats and spells ascend enemies. Don't accidentally ascend the boss!

Died to a boss with 10 turns of stealth. I don't think there are any silences in the hellsworn/umbra decks...

Carecat fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 25, 2020

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It seems like a lot of the artifacts are basically "Makes [x] build better while ruining the run of any other build" which is getting kind of boring since there's no choice to be made.

A good example is Heartless from the crystal caves - units can't be healed but gain 10 life. This is a death sentence for any run using either Awoken or Umbra who rely on regen and lifesteal, and 10hp isn't even a worthwhile tradeoff unless you're running some kind of imp build. There's also the one that summons 4 random units from your deck to the middle floor at the start of battle - I can't imagine any build that's actually good for except for one that only has 4 units in it.

And then other artifacts are no-brainers like conserving energy between turns, or getting an extra unit upgrade slot. The artifacts with tradeoffs have tradeoffs that are way too negative, and the most powerful artifacts don't have any tradeoffs.

I can consistently get Sygian Guard up to the final fight and trounce everything before it but I can never deal enough damage to kill the last boss, I think I'd need to get lucky with multiple Frostbite cards that get upgraded with both Holdover and Doublestack to have a chance. Spell damage builds where you stack up a murderbox with your champ + little octopus guys and a shark guard then spam attack spells on anything that enters it are pretty good but can't put out enough damage for the boss, since bosses don't give you opportunities to cast more spells after the opening. (Frostbite is really good against them though)

Umbra seems really hit or miss so far, without a Morselmaster early on and the Trample upgrade on my champion they fall flat, I'm not sure what other early run builds I can use to get them off the ground. Even when they're off the ground I'm not very impressed. I like them in theory but morsel spamming isn't fun with this game's tightly constrained unit caps on each floor, even with Umbra being able to increase it mid-battle they have fairly weak (defensively) units and this means leaving a few pips open in the back to summon morsels to devour, so you pretty much have to use your champ to tank and rely on getting lifesteal morsel cards or an Emberdraining lifesteal buff

Awoken and Hellhorned both seem fairly solid but there's a huge power disparity between Awoken (even if you don't abuse the 'deal damage on heal' champ ability) and other factions because of the way that heal-over-time effects affect the action economy of boss fights. Maybe I just need to play the other factions more to unlock more cards for them but they're not very fun to play as-is so I don't know if I really want to.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 25, 2020

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
The 4 units on the middle floor one is great if you get it early and build around it. Had the green hero with the card draw and spikes on floor 1, 4 huge guys on floor 2 and a bunch of spells and it seemed to work well. This is a pretty fun game so far, hopefully some balance patches will smooth some issues out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Umbra is the only clan I can win with so far. Up to Asc 4 with an Awoken/Umba, a Umbra/Wax and finally a Wax/Umbra series of runs.

Umbra and Wax synergize hilariously well since Morsels count as deaths for all the Wax units and spells that get buffs based on unit deaths. It does some really stupid stuff though you do have to lean into it and not use the random res cards because you just get flooded with rezzing Morsels rather than decent cards.

The big combo that's been carrying me so far is a combination of the Gorgeworm that gains permanent attack on Gorge and the Morselmaster that summons 2 Morsels per turn automatically. I had one run with the 'Gorge triggers twice' relic and a super event that gave me a 411/54 and a 622/54 worm by the end of the game. It was silly and destroyed Seraph even through Sap.

Still need to figure out how to make Stygian and Hellborn work

Also what are people picking for their set upgrades? I've been going almost exclusively for Capacity with Ember when I didn't get events or relics that let me cheat out stuff and never card draw. Capacity just seems so important and only Umbra gets cards and powers to increase it

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 25, 2020

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I started with Sigiled Seaweed, 50% chance to silence enemy entering the train. It even affects bosses and their spawns and totally neuters so many enemies.

But then there is stuff like Jackstrips that does 2 damage for an enemy moving between floors, garbage. Quite a lot of artifacts that don't scale at all.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 25, 2020

Amumin
Dec 21, 2018

The gorger that gets lifesteal is also pretty hilarious. Combine it with Morselmaker and preferably with double gorge and mere ~ 40/40 pretty much soloes any boss.

Now that I've gotten used to wax they seem very good too. Reforming units is very fun way to play where you don't really care about your casualties.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Zore posted:

Also what are people picking for their set upgrades? I've been going almost exclusively for Capacity with Ember when I didn't get events or relics that let me cheat out stuff and never card draw. Capacity just seems so important and only Umbra gets cards and powers to increase it

You don’t need increased capacity if you can move between floors. Ascend/descend are low key busted because you can stack 7 units on a floor, and also separate problematic units. Low attack big defense units just get ascended and you can destroy otherwise tough comps.

I have less than 8 hours in this game so far but I’m hooked, this is the spiritual successor to Slay the Spire.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Genuinely surprised the thread is not subtitled Convey the Pyre.

Just won a Melting remnant/Stygian guard run with full reform Flicker. Got an early quick upgrade on a sweep unit, and that plus a little extra damage is so good at clearing backlines, at least at low covenant rank. That plus the unit that gains permanent damage on death with multistrike 2 cleared easily.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Save the Pire was the one that I enjoyed the most.

Also, this game is fun so far, but I have a feeling there's not many viable high-ascension strategies

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Carecat posted:

I started with Sigiled Seaweed, 50% chance to silence enemy entering the train. It even affects bosses and their spawns and totally neuters so many enemies.

But then there is stuff like Jackstrips that does 2 damage for an enemy moving between floors, garbage. Quite a lot of artifacts that don't scale at all.

Jackstrips is a bit weird, late game it's not that useful but early game it's very solid. 2 damage every turn is really valuable when half the enemies have 1 hp and 6 free damage on everybody (by the time they reach the top room) makes a huge difference.

Game is good. I'm on covenant 6 now after about 10 games or so? I often end up thinking stuff like "I wonder if this combination is actually good or whether I just got lucky by this overpowered artifact/5 copies of insane upgraded spell/20 copies of quick +30 damage 0 cost multihit spider/etc". While I haven't played enough to be able to compare the clans they are certainly all capable of feeling completely overpowered with a bit of luck.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

Spell damage builds where you stack up a murderbox with your champ + little octopus guys and a shark guard then spam attack spells on anything that enters it are pretty good but can't put out enough damage for the boss, since bosses don't give you opportunities to cast more spells after the opening. (Frostbite is really good against them though)

My first stygian win just involved stacking 40+ spell weak on seraph and then hitting him with the 60 damage hammer thing on the next floor for a one-shot.

Works ok when you have the spell weak appliers on floor 1 and then guys who boost your spell damage to actually deliver the knockout on floor 2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Anyone have any tips for doing well with Stygian? I've gotten a pretty good handle on the other clans and have won with most non-Stygian combos (up to Asc 10 now), but slotting in Stygian as primary or secondary means I just always lose.

:negative:

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Spell weakness is a pretty essential thing for them but in general the rng can swing wildly. You can pretty much make anything work but you do need to have a idea what you want at first, it also doesnt help that boss gimmicks can be anywhere from doing nothing at all to you like getting the buff cleansing final boss on a umbra run with maximum gorge on penumbra so that by the time the boss reaches him he punches for 820 damage and ends the fight, or you can get double daedalus bombs on a stygian awoken run and not have much to deal with it at all.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Carecat posted:

Jackstrips is incredible, it kills many support units. It lets you take challanges like "dudes spawn on every floor" and they will all auto-die.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, doing 2 damage basically means "welp, gently caress those guys" without having to blow an ember on magic.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like this game a lot, and I love how the later clans really lean into some weird self destructive tactics.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ok I got the hang of Umbra and lol, this is every boss fight

You quickly get virtually infinite draws, infinite energy, and infinite capacity and your champion gains 48-72+ damage every turn, plus easily reaches multistrike 3 or 5 (since the downside to Furnace Tap is 8 emberdrain which is irrelevant to Umbra) and you have multiple methods to get 15+ stacks of lifesteal or damage shield with 1-2 cards.

And then by the end of the game you are on whole new levels of absurd bullshit. You can completely ignore the bottom 2 lanes and just summon overflow Morsels into them to get Hell's Banners procs if you have it

How-to:
Make sure your champion can get the Gorge ability for more damage - Trample or +capacity are both fine for the second slot. +capacity is better overall but will take a small amount of pyre damage.
Get a Morselmaster and/or Morselmaker (or both)
Stick your Morselmaster and/or Morselmaker in the top row with your Champion and that's it, that's all you really have to do to win.

Top 2 cards are Shroud Spike and Furnace Tap
Upgrade everything you can toward 0-cost if you get them (and especially if you remove Consume from them). This is because Shroud Spike is an X Cost card so preserving energy for it means more gains, and Furnace Tap adds Emberdrain 4 (8 with doublestack) and you will hopefully be casting it a few times each battle. Even with Emberdrain in the double-digits you'll still have plenty of energy to fuel your X-cost skills. Emberdrain only reduces energy at the start of the turn but this deck gets energy after the turn starts (ember cache

Pick Umbra primary with Awoken secondary, you can skip every card that isn't one of these: (tbh by mid-game you'll be drawing your entire deck every turn with pretty much infinite energy so feel free to throw in other cards if you really want but :shrug:)
from Umbra:
Prismal Dust
Shroud Spike (priority for removing Consume)
Ember Cache (remove consume if you can)
Packed Morsels (don't upgrade these, they become irrelevant if you get a Morselmaker and master)
Space Prism (also becomes irrelevant if you get maker+master - their summoned/duped morsels ignore the floor's Capacity)
Morselmaster (no need to upgrade it)
Morselmaker (no need to upgrade it)
Furnace Tap (priority for removing Consume, also add doublestack if you can)

From Awoken:
Sting
Preserved Thorns
Invigorating Solution
Wildwood Tome

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 26, 2020

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

How to run umbra + woke.

Get the woken spell what lets you slurp health / damages for X, add +10 spellpower, and get the x5 duplicate event. Coast to, and crush, the boss on a velvet cushion of all your dudes die BUT all my dudes heal spells.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

Save the Pire was the one that I enjoyed the most.

I've been calling it Slay This Pyre.

It's not as good as STS, but it's improved over beta and may improve further. I think, though, that you can usually tell if a run will win before you reach Daedalus and often as early as the first floor. You need to get that good start towards a broken combo. The last half of the run then becomes seeing how silly you can make it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This game seems like 5x easier as Awoken. They're so straightforwardly powerful and impossible to gently caress up. I'm almost convinced you cannot lose a run when focus your run around them, even as an allied clan. Heal things and thorns them. Bam, done. Even when the endboss halves your stacks periodically he just can't keep up.

Also just found out that a Remnant reform build with Umbra has some incredible anti-synergy. You end up completely flooding your dead unit pool with lovely morsels. The starter cards are basically a terrible curse.

Good game though, I'm quite enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Vargs posted:

This game seems like 5x easier as Awoken. They're so straightforwardly powerful and impossible to gently caress up. I'm almost convinced you cannot lose a run when focus your run around them, even as an allied clan. Heal things and thorns them. Bam, done. Even when the endboss halves your stacks periodically he just can't keep up.

Also just found out that a Remnant reform build with Umbra has some incredible anti-synergy. You end up completely flooding your dead unit pool with lovely morsels. The starter cards are basically a terrible curse.

Good game though, I'm quite enjoying it.

Reform just giving you infinite Morsels can still win pretty hard because you can use them to beef up your Gorgers like crazy if you don't get a Morselmaker/Morselmaster.

Remnant+Umbra has incredible synergy with the card that gain effects on unit deaths too. I got like 700 gold once in a single battle with the dude who gains 5 gold every time a unit in its row dies (Morsels count). There's also the bomb that gains a stack of 15 damage every time a unit dies that I've used to nuke Seraph by sticking it on a row with a Gorger/Morselm* engine.

Honestly Umbra has so many incredible cards and relics (Morsels coming into play with a damage shield lets you do so much bullshit). They're by far the easiest class for me. They also benefit the most from me spamming +capacity at every opportunity.