Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
:siren::siren: HIGH VOLTAGE PROJECT! DO NOT TRY AT HOME UNLESS YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH WORKING WITH LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES!:siren::siren:

A friend of mine a couple of years ago rediscovered his love for Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, resulting in him garnering up a rather large collection of both new and used cars. Ultimately, he ended up with a bunch of cars he didn't want or like, so he gave them to me.

To destroy.

You see, I had an idea. Years ago, on a whim, I built a Tesla coil, and enjoyed the hell out of the loud arcing sparks and the smell of ozone it made, not to mention the awesome science experiments one could do.. I also got to appreciate the finer points of the destructive power of an electric arc. A Tesla coil is a high frequency, high voltage generator that uses inductive reactance and capacitive reactance and all sorts of other fun stuff to turn 120 volts into 10,000, with a good bit of kick to boot.

So the High Voltage Kar Killer was born.

This is the completed project, with a high voltage oil-fired burner furnace as the heart of the high voltage output, a crudely wound inductor to simulate the primary coil of a Tesla coil along with the bank of high voltage capacitors, and the high voltage rails mounted on the sides of the track to discharge the voltage.

This is my very first test fire:

Success!

More mayhem:

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I want to post more videos of cars getting absolutely annihilated by filling them with gunpowder but the guy with the gunpowder is a pothead who's hard to pin down, so rather than wait for all that (and the promise of him filming this) I went with what I have now, to meet the deadline. He's got some high end camera equipment he was going to record this with.We'll see!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

nut

I will absolutely kill myself if I try but I support this endeavour reminds me of hot knife

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

I will absolutely kill myself if I try but I support this endeavour reminds me of hot knife

Hot wheels!

The Voice of Labor

if it would help, I could record a video of myself dropping a rock on a hot wheel or generic equivalent.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

The Voice of Labor posted:

if it would help, I could record a video of myself dropping a rock on a hot wheel or generic equivalent.

Yeah, I was hoping for something a bit more destructive, hence the idea for the gunpowder.

I want to put some inside the car and record the resulting poof! of smoke, and if that's not impressive enough, moving up to gasoline...

The Voice of Labor

start with nukes then do sticks and rocks

FutonForensic

feel like this is the first step in the discovery of unlimited energy

FutonForensic

posting on the ground floor of science's overdue kick in the rear end

City of Glompton

voted 5

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

The Voice of Labor

announcing, for your pleasure, BYOB that some time during this week an orange matchbox sized sports car will be smashed and its smashing will be documented and presented for you.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm so pumped

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

The Voice of Labor posted:

announcing, for your pleasure, BYOB that some time during this week an orange matchbox sized sports car will be smashed and its smashing will be documented and presented for you.

Awesome. Do it. Maybe you’ll win the contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Awesome. Do it. Maybe you’ll win the contest.

Don't forget to post your entry here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922238