Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Depeche Mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Tattoos are pretty cool... for a wussy.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnrrLxQEVQ

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Speak and Spell / A Broken Frame / Construction Time Again were their best albums :colbert:

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
If Hitler was alive today
He'd listen to The Cure, The Smiths and Depeche Mode

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DICKLORD BONE posted:

He would listen to Trapt

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
suck my dick you fuckman

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0&t=5s

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
To be specific, New Life, Dreaming of Me, and Shout are quite possibly their best songs.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Remember how Playing the Angel was their best album since Songs of Faith and Devotion, and then Sounds of the Universe sucked so much that you could buy the entire album on digital download off Amazon for $3.00 on the day of its release?

Motherfuckers should have released it for free on iTunes like U2. :smuggo:

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He would listen to Trapt

He'd listen to Death in June and all those nazi neo-folk bands.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Cyril Sneer posted:

To be specific, New Life, Dreaming of Me, and Shout are quite possibly their best songs.

Precious is good.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LabyaMynora posted:

Remember how Playing the Angel was their best album since Songs of Faith and Devotion, and then Sounds of the Universe sucked so much that you could buy the entire album on digital download off Amazon for $3.00 on the day of its release?

He's listen to Death in June and all those nazi neo-folk bands.

He doesn't like that gay stuff. He's more into straight music like Def Leppard

naem
May 29, 2011

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

LabyaMynora posted:

He's listen to Death in June and all those nazi neo-folk bands.

I'm not sure if Douglas Pierce is really a Nazi. He's just weird. I don't think David Tibet would associate with an actual neo Nazi... he dedicated the Sleep Has His House album to his "Father, who fought Hitler."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

He doesn't like that gay stuff. He's more into straight music like Def Leppard

He was a painter and a vegetarian, i.e. a bit of an artsy-fartsy type.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LabyaMynora posted:

He was a painter and a vegetarian, i.e. a bit of an artsy-fartsy type.

He is NOT gay! He's told me many times and very earnestly, you are a hater!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I like that Enjoy the Silence stills pops up in club mixes every now and then.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cyril Sneer posted:

That song is depressing.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

He is NOT gay! He's told me many times and very earnestly, you are a hater!

Correct, he's not gay, his relationship with Eva Braun is well known, and yes, I am a hater of Adolph Hitler.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

i was enjoying the silence before this thread, op. thanks for ruining it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

That song is depressing.

YOU'RE depressing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LabyaMynora posted:

Correct, he's not gay, his relationship with Eva Braun is well known, and yes, I am a hater of Adolph Hitler.

That's messed up, Adolf only wanted to listen to Der Ring des Nibelungen [TRAP MIX].

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I danced around today to Your Own Personal Jesus

It's a great work out song

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I bought one of their albums, but didnt put it on my mp3 player. Then a few months later i was in the music shop and checked my playlist and didnt see it.

So now i have two copies.

Thats my Depeche Mode story for today.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That's messed up, Adolf only wanted to listen to Der Ring des Nibelungen [TRAP MIX].

Incorrect. He wanted to dominate the world and murder people he viewed as inferior, including Jews, Catholics, homosexuals, Roma, and communists. NOT COOL, BOOGER!!!

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hitler would listen to nothing but video game music

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Meskhenet posted:

I bought one of their albums, but didnt put it on my mp3 player. Then a few months later i was in the music shop and checked my playlist and didnt see it.

So now i have two copies.

Thats my Depeche Mode story for today.

I own CDs of Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, Violator, Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra, Exciter, and Playing the Angel.

And I own Sounds of the Universe in digital format, because :lol: $3. And I've listened to it, literally, twice.

'Cuz it sucks.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LabyaMynora posted:

Incorrect. He wanted to dominate the world and murder people he viewed as inferior, including Jews, Catholics, homosexuals, Roma, and communists. NOT COOL, BOOGER!!!

I didn't hear about this, he never told me about it, I'm extremely disappointed in him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LabyaMynora posted:

Remember how Playing the Angel was their best album since Songs of Faith and Devotion

except the part where it was mixed loving horribly and had perhaps the worst audio clipping and distortion of any album ever recorded.

which was a shame because songwriting-wise it was indeed a kickass album. the vinyl release doesn't have those problems since it's not possible on record, so listening to that release is the way to go.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Cockler posted:

hitler would listen to nothing but video game music

Pretty much video game music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzF0WOItXL4

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

somebody would be playing a video game in front of him in an opposite world version of the mlk boondocks episode and he'd be like "vat is zis" and it'd be some predictable zombie nazi poo poo and he'd be like "ach! tsk tsk, i despise zis, but... vat is zis enchanting melody?"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LabyaMynora posted:

I own CDs of Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, Violator, Songs of Faith and Devotion, Ultra, Exciter, and Playing the Angel.

And I own Sounds of the Universe in digital format, because :lol: $3. And I've listened to it, literally, twice.

'Cuz it sucks.

Delta Machine, spirit, and SoTU are all loving horrible even as someone that likes every other album. PTA was the last "good" album they did and I only liked a few songs from it anyways because yeah its production and mixing is pretty crap

music for the masses and songs of faith and devotion are the two best albums, kinda hard to rate one over the other. then violator, black celebration, ultra, and exciter

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Cyril Sneer posted:

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I always figured whoever did the music for Super Metroid was a big fan of Depeche Mode from around this era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C4-ay3RUzk&t=842s

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I like Playing the Angel a lot, although I'm vaguely aware it's not a particularly popular album of theirs.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
my grandma listens to depeche mode

Stockholm
Apr 6, 2010
Black Celebration is a great album and also Martin Gore is a gift to humanity.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
I don't even know how to get my PC into Safe Mode, much less Depeche Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

tmm3k posted:

I don't even know how to get my PC into Safe Mode, much less Depeche Mode.

I've never supported emigration via catapult before but here we are.