Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
No thanks OP I'm scared I'll swallow a shark by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A shark will just slide straight through your digestive system thanks to its smooth skin.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Sunswipe posted:

A shark will just slide straight through your digestive system thanks to its smooth skin.

Smooth like sandpaper.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

My dog eats his poop.

We should eat your dog's poop.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah I know it's an irrational fear.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dear Watson posted:

Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads.

Not a drop of water is wasted
your jorts are fitted incel fashion. who told you how to do that?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

numberoneposter posted:

whats a beaver's favorite snack???
wood :lmao:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wood CHIPS

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

gary oldmans diary posted:

your jorts are fitted incel fashion. who told you how to do that?

No one. It seemed the proper way.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Avid hiker here. Giardiasis is real A.T. privy tour 2014 get addicted.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
he shall know your ways as if born to them

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Sunswipe posted:

Just don't swallow it backwards

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Sharks are smooth in every direction.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I source my water directly from the aerator tank. All that disinfection they do later is just taking all the good and natural stuff out of the water.

i could go for an iced latte right about now

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

My dog eats his poop.

My parents dog once came in from the garden holding a poop in its mouth like a tiny cigar

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Biohazard posted:

I just bought one of those squeeze bag filter systems for backpacking OP, but I guess I didn't need it since you say dirty water is ok to drink. Boy do I feel like a real loving idiot!

Literally would have been more beneficial for camping if you had traded for one dollar bills and used them as kindling to start a fire. You could have made an equally effective water filter out of a t shirt and dirt.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like a couple years back I saw an ad from a guy who allegedly went around sourcing natural stream water or something and selling it in these over the top glass jugs for exorbitant prices.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
Don't go drinking waterfalls, stick with the ponds and the streams that you're used to

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not that stupid OP. Last time I tried to drink from a pool of still water it hosed me.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I filter all river/creek water religiously, but I drink directly from lakes a handful of times a year. They have all been in the interior of Algonquin park, high up on the water table. Also I pull the water from the middle of lakes far from any potential source of poop runoff.
I like to think the risk is pretty low but please tell me if I am going to poo poo myself to death TIA

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Humans are funny. We cannot tolerate even the slightest lovely water, yet animals eat and drink out of their own poo poo infested ponds all the time and don't have nearly the intestinal issues that we do. There's a reason that the vast majority of humans who lived through childbirth died making GBS threads themselves to death. Thank god our forefathers here in America spent billions of taxpayer money to build such a vast network of water collection that delivers fresh, clean water to my doorstep on the daily.

Too bad their kids, and their kids didn't bother to spend another red cent to upkeep it and its all going to poo poo.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

that's city water which is pumped full of toxins and fluoride, not healthy mountain stream deer piss water

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
OP i agree with the spirit of this thread but bodies of water are all unique. I jumped in the Guadalupe about five years ago and had a bout with river sickness that made me want to die

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Gratefully taking a large sip from my cupped hand full of pure water, as I stand in the communal river for making GBS threads, pissing, bathing, washing laundry, sterilizing medical instruments, dumping antifreeze and trash. I watch gutted animal remains and a bloated human corpse drift by, thankful of the chemical plant and large-scale farms upstream.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Every day I wake up to a refreshing sip of fresh Lake Mono water I get shipped to me weekly. It's a soothing way to wake up while giving me the energy I need to get through the day.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm the Daenarys Targaryen of drinking water from ponds and streams

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like a couple years back I saw an ad from a guy who allegedly went around sourcing natural stream water or something and selling it in these over the top glass jugs for exorbitant prices.

it was litterally municipal water in fancy jugs. good scam

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Math You posted:

I filter all river/creek water religiously, but I drink directly from lakes a handful of times a year. They have all been in the interior of Algonquin park, high up on the water table. Also I pull the water from the middle of lakes far from any potential source of poop runoff.
I like to think the risk is pretty low but please tell me if I am going to poo poo myself to death TIA

It may be low risk, but that's a dumb risk to take if the reason you don't have filters or whatever is because you're backpacking or something. A mild diarrhea is potentially dangerous if you're someplace where getting out and help isn't quick.

A White Guy posted:

Humans are funny. We cannot tolerate even the slightest lovely water, yet animals eat and drink out of their own poo poo infested ponds all the time and don't have nearly the intestinal issues that we do.

A million years ago we figured out that cooking food makes it way easier to digest and extract energy from. Our guts got way smaller compared to body size than other animals, and optimized for quick and easy cooked food digestion. But that probably also made us way more vulnerable to infection through the gut.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A big part of my job is water quality monitoring on mountain streams and in some places you can be fine (in pristine areas) and sometimes you might get Giardia or something poo poo. It's a dumb risk unless you don't have an option. These days you can get a water filter that weighs nothing and is smaller than OP's cock for $20 so just get one of those.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 26, 2020

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Real men drink the ocean

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

theres a fine line between only drinking what the nestle corporation tells me to and making GBS threads myself to death like the OP

and that line is connected to the city's tap water supply

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I source my water directly from the aerator tank. All that disinfection they do later is just taking all the good and natural stuff out of the water.

dont sign your posts

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
dont stop at just drinking water from filthy puddles or waste run-off. The truth is that NOTHING can actually make you sick. Its all lies and propgoganda from BIG PHARMA to try to sell you MORE PILLS.

You can eat raw meat, even raw sewage if you want. NOTHING CAN HARM YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Putting my glass into the toilet and filling it with flush water like I’m at the soda fountain

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

ANUSTART posted:

Gratefully taking a large sip from my cupped hand full of pure water, as I stand in the communal river for making GBS threads, pissing, bathing, washing laundry, sterilizing medical instruments, dumping antifreeze and trash. I watch gutted animal remains and a bloated human corpse drift by, thankful of the chemical plant and large-scale farms upstream.

So are you just traveling or do you live there? I hear India is an interesting place

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

dont stop at just drinking water from filthy puddles or waste run-off. The truth is that NOTHING can actually make you sick. Its all lies and propgoganda from BIG PHARMA to try to sell you MORE PILLS.

You can eat raw meat, even raw sewage if you want. NOTHING CAN HARM YOU

If nothing can harm me why can't I eat the pills?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I got a stream you can drink from OP

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think those filters that are just giant straws are real cool. You can stick the straws in the nastiest pools of water and suck down the stuff and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
No the water sources around where I hike n bike are all full of farm runoff, slurry and various chemicals from crop and weed spraying.
A lot of it does look very clean but I would never chance it.