Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I hate wwe cross synergy so much it sucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge admits he spends his days on cagematch.net

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Technical wonder Davey Boy Smith.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I liked the way he said Rey Mysterio.

Tried to give it the Latino touch.

I dig it Edge.

I still think a rematch between you and Randy is going to be AWFUL

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
this promo isn't doing much for me. it's a little too much.. look I'm acting energy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man imagine at the beginning of the year if someone told you Edge would be returning but it would be a complete dud

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

Man imagine at the beginning of the year if someone told you Edge would be returning but it would be a complete dud

I'd 100% believe that actually

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

They can still turn it around! Just get off of Orton as soon as possible.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I will say I appreciated the tiny little glimpse of an unmasked Kane in the 90s in the last episode of the Taker doc.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Miching Mallecho posted:

I will say I appreciated the tiny little glimpse of an unmasked Kane in the 90s in the last episode of the Taker doc.

Have they gotten to the Goldberg match yet?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Intruder posted:

He was great in the rumble and his interaction with Orton in the rumble was great. A bit overshadowed by the rumbles being kinda poo poo.

The problem comes down to the impatience of Vince, where instead of having a slightly nuanced story he skipped steps 2-3. Having face Orton and Edge get the tag belts then have Orton go crazy at the idea of Edge getting injured to support him is perfect wrestling crazy even!

well ok also the problem is Orton doesn't seem to care

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You guys think Shayna is gonna win this one?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So Charlotte has laughed off and completely ignored her loss to Bayley last week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spiderdrake posted:

He was great in the rumble and his interaction with Orton in the rumble was great. A bit overshadowed by the rumbles being kinda poo poo.

The problem comes down to the impatience of Vince, where instead of having a slightly nuanced story he skipped steps 2-3. Having face Orton and Edge get the tag belts then have Orton go crazy at the idea of Edge getting injured to support him is perfect wrestling crazy even!

well ok also the problem is Orton doesn't seem to care

Woulda been a more serious wrestlemania Raw tag title match than what we got

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Codependent Poster posted:

So Charlotte has laughed off and completely ignored her loss to Bayley last week.

Standard WWE nothing matters :)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How can I want all 3 people to lose in a triple threat

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Croc posted:

Standard WWE nothing matters :)

I was happy Andrade was mad after losing.

Charlotte just really seems to have the worst booking and character.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Because she's the women's version of Cena

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

she seems really ecstatic all the time probably because she's on every loving show pushed strongly

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Put on the shirt, Charlotte.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Intruder posted:

I keep forgetting Cena is supposed to be bad cause I only saw the very beginning and end of his run. I missed like 2005-2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao charlotte completely whiffed on the moonsault

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

how is charlotte still SO BAD at doing moonsaults

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
This match is soooooooooo long

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Asuka is such a Bret mark

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shiksa posted:

how is charlotte still SO BAD at doing moonsaults

You're not supposed to land on your feet then fall over onto the opponent?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol don't do a tower of doom with Nia Jax idiots

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did Shayna get taken out at ringside at the start of the match or something? I haven't seen her at all so far :confused:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Nia about killed Charlotte with that suplex

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that lovely legdrop

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You guys think that Asuka can beat the woman she has beaten in literally every singles match they have ever had?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hirez posted:

This match is soooooooooo long

I think the match was longer than every other bit of wrestling on the show combined?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Not following this very closely — is there an explanation for how The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever became the tagline for Backlash as a whole rather than just the Edge/Orton match?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Probably a top 5 Nia match of all time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

You guys think that Asuka can beat the woman she has beaten in literally every singles match they have ever had?

I don't know. I don't think anyone has ever eliminated the Big Show from a battle royale because of his size. I mean, he's so big, how can you eliminate him?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Not following this very closely — is there an explanation for how The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever became the tagline for Backlash as a whole rather than just the Edge/Orton match?

I hadn't realized they were trying to refer to the entire show as that now, rather than just Edge/Orton.

Also, haha now according to WWE the greatest wrestling match of all time is a show featuring multiple matches?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

I hadn't realized they were trying to refer to the entire show as that now, rather than just Edge/Orton.

Also, haha now according to WWE the greatest wrestling match of all time is a show featuring multiple matches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX5UDgQ8x0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know. I don't think anyone has ever eliminated the Big Show from a battle royale because of his size. I mean, he's so big, how can you eliminate him?

Can't even take him out of the picture with a submission hold like the STF either, since he's too big to put it on. He's basically unstoppable.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

xbilkis posted:

Backlash is supposed to be the wrestlemania aftermath show and Edge/Orton is the only wrestlemania story still going. Unless dolph and otis fight again I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The Greatest Sports Entertainment Match of all time