Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Since the NFC East thread is just the same Eagles posters destroying any non-Eagles discussion and talking poo poo about every single non-Eagles player because they live in the land of forsaken shadows and are miserable lumps of football hating coal this will now be a thread entirely devoted to that glorious team that lucked into one super bowl win in their long, boring history.

I would list all the things Philadelphia fans have done that they're proud of (booing cancer girl, throwing batteries at santa, intentionally throwing up on a 12 year old fan while being kicked out of a phillies game), but that's old hat.

Instead this thread is for posting takes on the Eagles that only an idiot bolstered by other idiots could earnestly believe. Begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

eatdatpussy445

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Doltos I appreciate the effort post but we didn't throw batteries at Santa.

We threw batteries at a Pitcher.

Drunk replacement Santa that made kids cry and threw up in his suit got snowballs thrown at him

If you are going to do effort posts at least make them accurate.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
nick foles got a big dick i hear

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I liked watching Donovan McNabb play on MNF and that time they beat the Patriots in a Super Bowl.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Athanatos posted:

I liked watching Donovan McNabb play on MNF and that time they beat the Patriots in a Super Bowl.

That time Mike Vick had the all the Redskins defense on oxygen in the first quarter during the Monday night massacre.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Chip Kelly won the eagles the super bowl

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Doltos posted:

the NFC East is poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Metapod posted:

A lot of people don’t remember this but it’s true

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

That first Chip Kelly game of the season was amazing. I remember the GDT was 100% sold on Kelly and the NFL was changing.

Then the rest of the season happened.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
A revolutionary that got ran out of town because the eagles gave him too much power. He ended up making a good team though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
super bowl win showed us that a Philly fan can not and will not resist getting up on a greasy pole

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Metapod posted:

A revolutionary that got ran out of town because the eagles gave him too much power. He ended up making a good team though

He also had a stint with the 49ers, who won the first 3 quarters of the superbowl.

I'm starting to like this theory. Put him on the jags then run him off and see what happens.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
jalen hurts sucks poo poo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

super bowl win showed us that a Philly fan can not and will not resist getting up on a greasy pole

Hey now. One guy ate horse poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
greasy poles and horse poo poo: the philadelphia experiment

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Metapod posted:

Yes, the 2018 UCLA Bruins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Raku posted:

jalen hurts sucks poo poo

actually he's good OP

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nfc yeast!!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The eagles have beaten the seahawks one single time since 2005 (in 2008).

They made it through the whole Obama presidency and hopefully the trump presidency without beating the seahawks.

Seahawks > Eagles

Caw binches one bird to rule them all

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Is Carson Wentz a elite quarterback

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how dare every single one of you for not believing in clayton thorson

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AndrewP posted:

lol

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

AndrewP posted:

At collecting paychecks when he is hurt maybe.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

AndrewP posted:

At collecting super bowl rings while not playing in them

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

:hmmyes:

Also Doltos is only made about the Santa thing because he didnt get to join in. Just grab some double-As and head to the mall this Christmas like a normal person dude.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Philly owns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cant insult philly fans with the awful poo poo they do since they revel in it but attacking the low intelligence of the group yields results

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao

CyberPingu posted:

Doltos I appreciate the effort post but we didn't throw batteries at Santa.

We threw batteries at a Pitcher.
and JD Drew, who absolutely deserved it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Philly let their super bowl winning QB walk so they could overpay and rely on what is hy all accounts the quarterback equivalent of JJ Watt without any of the talent but all of the injury history.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Athanatos posted:

That first Chip Kelly game of the season was amazing. I remember the GDT was 100% sold on Kelly and the NFL was changing.

Then the rest of the season happened.

Didn't they make the playoffs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Didn't they make the playoffs

Yes, the saints got their first ever road playoff win against the 2013 eagles.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

Yes, the saints got their first ever road playoff win against the 2013 eagles.
Eagles absolutely should've won that game. Eagles just took a slim lead with like a minute remaining and were kicking off. Alex Henery kicked it way short and Darren Sproles took it across midfield. Saints didn't have to go very far for a game winning FG with time expiring. Henery was cut the following preseason

I was also at that game -- cold as gently caress, like 15 degrees at kickoff

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is probably my favorite/most hated eagles play ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bPBAYdGEo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shyduck posted:

Eagles absolutely should've won that game. Eagles just took a slim lead with like a minute remaining and were kicking off. Alex Henery kicked it way short and Darren Sproles took it across midfield. Saints didn't have to go very far for a game winning FG with time expiring. Henery was cut the following preseason

I was also at that game -- cold as gently caress, like 15 degrees at kickoff

Henry also missed a pretty routine FG in that game.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Chichevache posted:

Philly let their super bowl winning QB walk so they could overpay and rely on what is by all accounts the quarterback equivalent of JJ Watt without any of the talent but all of the injury history.

I absolutely love Foles, but you're insane. Foles has had his own issues with injuries, his right shoulder is pretty hosed. He's had some absolutely amazing games, particularly when he's in a do-or-die situation, but on the other hand he's had some absolutely poo poo games as well.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

AFewBricksShy posted:

I absolutely love Foles, but you're insane. Foles has had his own issues with injuries, his right shoulder is pretty hosed. He's had some absolutely amazing games, particularly when he's in a do-or-die situation, but on the other hand he's had some absolutely poo poo games as well.

I mean he didnt deny any of that.

Just that Wentz is a choker who sucks and needs that wheelchair the stabby lady had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc1NzqGycSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPAxiv1SKU